Michigan offering Harbaugh 5-yr 55-million-dollar contract extension.

Gregg

19 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Losing like they did to TCU was already hilarious, but seeing them get trounced by Bama would be HILARIOUS! I am not one of those "rah rah conference" guys.

You mean an “SEC” guy? 

I’ve been to a bunch of SEC games (maybe 20). At least half of them featured 2 SEC teams. They still chanted it 😂😂😂.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You mean an “SEC” guy? 

I’ve been to a bunch of SEC games (maybe 20). At least half of them featured 2 SEC teams. They still chanted it 😂😂😂.

No, not a "Big Ten" guy when it comes to TTUN or Penn State... I root for them to lose and if they play each other I root for a tie.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

At ALL times

the SEC is kind of like that dweeb in HS who drove an Dodge Ram 3500 diesel because he had nothing else to offer but having a "truck." the SEC is all image. outside of Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama who are usually always a top 20 team - the rest is just a mix of nobodies.

When you can play Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Arkansas, and more you just beat the piss out of nobody teams.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, boyst said:

the SEC is kind of like that dweeb in HS who drove an Dodge Ram 3500 diesel because he had nothing else to offer but having a "truck." the SEC is all image. outside of Georgia, Auburn, and Alabama who are usually always a top 20 team - the rest is just a mix of nobodies.

When you can play Missouri, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Arkansas, and more you just beat the piss out of nobody teams.

LSU

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boyst said:

Then they use circular logic to say their schedule is difficult and justify playing non-conference games like the Chattanooga choo choos.

18 hours ago, boyst said:

How is the B1G or was Pac10, Big12, ACC ( before all this current realignment) any different?  

I've lived in B1G country since the 80's and continue to hear all about how conference games are so tough and draining,  they struggle in bowl games.😂

B1G fans would totally throw out a chant if they won the natl Champs as much as the SEC.

UM can prove something against Bama.  Or is it like post NFL draft where every fan is convinced this is their year?

1 minute ago, GaryPinC said:

How is the B1G or was Pac10, Big12, ACC ( before all this current realignment) any different?  

I've lived in B1G country since the 80's and continue to hear all about how conference games are so tough and draining,  they struggle in bowl games.😂

B1G fans would totally throw out a chant if they won the natl Champs as much as the SEC.

UM can prove something against Bama.  Or is it like post NFL draft where every fan is convinced this is their year?

it's subtle. IMO.

sure, it's true that both have their slouches but there is something to it when teams like Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, MSU, Purdue, and Illinois just play hard every year. they still get far better recruits than the likes of bottom tier SEC. 

Maryland is still talented and fast from their ACC traits. Minnesota has a good bite on them. Both of these teams can hurt you.

Rutgurs and Indiana are the only perennial slouches.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

it's subtle. IMO.

sure, it's true that both have their slouches but there is something to it when teams like Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, MSU, Purdue, and Illinois just play hard every year. they still get far better recruits than the likes of bottom tier SEC. 

Maryland is still talented and fast from their ACC traits. Minnesota has a good bite on them. Both of these teams can hurt you.

Rutgurs and Indiana are the only perennial slouches.

Your crusade is odd and senseless. The ACC is second rate compared to the SEC no matter what weird way you try to spin it, and the term "second rate" is my attempt at being polite.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Your crusade is odd and senseless. The ACC is second rate compared to the SEC no matter what weird way you try to spin it, and the term "second rate" is my attempt at being polite.

the big 10 is on par with the SEC. the ACC, however is far below both. the PAC was better than the ACC

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is Missouri good? 

The seem to have a good offense. They beat up on Tennessee and hung in there with Georgia. 

This is the best Missouri team I can remember but yes, I would say that they are good (not great).  Then again, are there really any "great" teams this season?

I for one am not sure.

On 12/21/2023 at 9:58 AM, Bill from NYC said:

The ACC is second rate compared to the SEC no matter what weird way you try to spin it, and the term "second rate" is my attempt at being polite.

There are some “chinks in the armor” of the ACC. 

Florida St. aren’t happy with the ACC’s languishing. Before their playoff pass over, last spring they expressed concerns about the ACC’s future. The NCAA, given Florida St. snub, is viewed by some an implication the ACC is the “ runt of the litter” in the Power 5. Their TV revenues aren’t close to the others, even dwindling, and their appeal to CF viewers nationwide is becoming less significant.

Should one of the better ACC teams also think Florida St. is on to something, the ACC going the way of the PAC 10 could be more realistic, which many think impossible.

Edited by I am the egg man

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.