Tyler Dunne story on McDermott - 3 parts, 25 interviews, one damning conclusion

Roundybout

You can see how big of a fraud this guy is based off his tone and demeanor in his pc’s from past years compared to this one. He’s been overly nice recently compared to priors. It’s phony as hell. Just be who you are then. He knows he’s in trouble. He even played the victim card in his apology. Fake. The softness of this team comes directly from him. I do think he’s a decent guy and a solid coach but we are never going to win it all with him it’s over 

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

This is a stupid take. Reporter just happened to finish this week. Reporter didn’t look to time it, or go after fans.

Think of it this way? We complain about the Bills local reporters being soft because they want to keep team access or are on Bills payroll. Not the case here, for sure!!! 

Your take is beyond stupid. And you know for a fact that the reporter just finished it? It most certainly was released to inflict the most damage. Look at it this way, there are 365 days in a year. It was "just finished" 3 days before the biggest game of the year. That's nonsense.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, OldNMBillsFan said:

Your take is beyond stupid. And you know for a fact that the reporter just finished it? It most certainly was released to inflict the most damage. Look at it this way, there are 365 days in a year. It was "just finished" 3 days before the biggest game of the year. That's nonsense.

And last week and the Eagles game was the biggest game of the year before this. Than the Bengals. Than the Dolphins. He said he accelerated it after the Eagles game because it fit the narrative of the story and we had a bye week on top of it which allowed more time to finalize the story. That seems pretty logical. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 2

I truly believe McD suffers from some sort of situational anxiety disorder.

Everything about him and his demeanor points to this being true, the way he is in front of the press and what people have said about him behind the scenes, and on the field in big games, it sure fits.

Very often, the intense sense of fear and dread, more commonly known as anxiety, is caused by a specific event or situation.

This form of anxiety is quite common and can occur in anyone. You may have experienced anxiety at least once before, possibly before an important job interview or on the first day of school or work. Today, we’re diving into what situational anxiety is, what causes it, and common symptoms to look out for. 

Defining Situational Anxiety Disorder

Situational anxiety disorder is a form of anxiety that occurs in response to a specific situations. 

Boy does the pressure of head coaching meet this criteria.....  You decide.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Kincaid Kool-Aid said:

I guess we have to agree to disagree. Maybe as a defensive captain he felt compelled, particularly as nobody else seems to be rushing forward. As someone else said, for a guy who’s been here 6-7 years under McD, It felt like he was going through the motions and saying the minimum expected.

I thought it was pretty clear the reporters caught Hyde on the way from practice and asked if he had any statement about it.

59 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sorry, I'm not very X literate: how do I see the thread WYO made? I click on the X post and there's nothing linked or under it... And her website doesn't seem to have it either. I could be wrong, however... Or is she being ironic and the heart GIF is the whole of her message?

Thanks.

You may have to be logged in to see the whole chain of 7 or so 'tweets' or "X"s or whatever they're called now.

You can log in with a google account and then log right out again without setting anything up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

This is a stupid take. Reporter just happened to finish this week. Reporter didn’t look to time it, or go after fans.

Think of it this way? We complain about the Bills local reporters being soft because they want to keep team access or are on Bills payroll. Not the case here, for sure!!! 

I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus 🎅, the Easter Bunny🐇 , and that Ty Dunne in fact just happened to randomly finish this story and decide to put it on his site 3 days before one of the biggest games of the year.

In fact, someone upthread posted about an interview Dunne did, where Dunne said that he hurried to finish the article and get it out after the Eagles game because reasons.  I'm feeling too lazy to dig that post out of 101 pages though, so Believe it or Don't

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Our season stories are really action packed.  I can't really think of a team that has had more drama the past couple of years.

We are behind Gardener Minshew, Joe Flacco, and Kenny Pickett for playoff spot and somehow we should be captivated that we rallied to make the playoffs with Josh Allen? Maybe we deserve this. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

You’re extremely naive if you truly believe this

13 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I truly believe McD suffers from some sort of situational anxiety disorder.

Everything about him and his demeanor points to this being true, the way he is in front of the press and what people have said about him behind the scenes, and on the field in big games, it sure fits.

Very often, the intense sense of fear and dread, more commonly known as anxiety, is caused by a specific event or situation.

This form of anxiety is quite common and can occur in anyone. You may have experienced anxiety at least once before, possibly before an important job interview or on the first day of school or work. Today, we’re diving into what situational anxiety is, what causes it, and common symptoms to look out for. 

Defining Situational Anxiety Disorder

Situational anxiety disorder is a form of anxiety that occurs in response to a specific situations. 

Boy does the pressure of head coaching meet this criteria.....  You decide.

Might be the case.

16 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

And last week and the Eagles game was the biggest game of the year before this. Than the Bengals. Than the Dolphins. He said he accelerated it after the Eagles game because it fit the narrative of the story and we had a bye week on top of it which allowed more time to finalize the story. That seems pretty logical. 

It seems logical to those that don’t understand logic.  It’s obvious.  If you don’t get it, that’s fine.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

We dodged a bullet because there was no bullet to dodge.  The NFL loves its fine money.  If there was a violation they would have at the very least spoke on it.  There was nothing.  No media about it.  No word from the NFL.  Absolutely nothing.  When the Titans had practice outside their facility when they shouldn't have been, it was all over the news everywhere.  The team did nothing wrong.  Had they of, the NFL would have done something.

Yeah no one was worrying about this at all at the time, definitely not something the Head Coach would want to make sure wasn't a problem going forward.

8 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus 🎅, the Easter Bunny🐇 , and that Ty Dunne in fact just happened to randomly finish this story and decide to put it on his site 3 days before one of the biggest games of the year.

In fact, someone upthread posted about an interview Dunne did, where Dunne said that he hurried to finish the article and get it out after the Eagles game because reasons.  I'm feeling too lazy to dig that post out of 101 pages though, so Believe it or Don't

He literally said it fit his narrative, journalistic integrity right there. 🤣

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re extremely naive if you truly believe this

Might be the case.

It seems logical to those that don’t understand logic.  It’s obvious.  If you don’t get it, that’s fine.  

So not logical that he releases a story about him crapping himself right after he craps himself about as bad as he had since 13 seconds with a bye week sandwiched in? 

On 12/8/2023 at 4:14 PM, chongli said:

Jerry is such a Rosebud.

Ralph fired Bill Polian, despite the pleadings of Marv Levy, because, as Levy recounted Ralph to have said, "I just can't get along with him", over a period of 3 years

Ralph said so in an interview at the time published in TBN, I think

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We are behind Gardener Minshew, Joe Flacco, and Kenny Pickett for playoff spot and somehow we should be captivated that we rallied to make the playoffs with Josh Allen? Maybe we deserve this. 

It would certainly be an accomplishment if we were able to navigate our remaining schedule - which is the toughest part of our schedule - and make the playoffs.

So, yeah.

• Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

It would certainly be an accomplishment if we were able to navigate our remaining schedule - which is the toughest part of our schedule - and make the playoffs.

So, yeah.

So we dramatically underperform and then get credit if we can somehow qualify and make no progress (again) 

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

So we dramatically underperform and then get credit if we can somehow qualify and make no progress (again) 

That's sports.

No one lays out the red carpet for a title run.  A lot of champions have had unpredictable roads to their titles..

• Thank you (+1) 1

At the behest of @Scott7975 and @PBF81 I gave my $8 to Dunne to read the article.    So far I’ve only read part 1.  

Overall, I’ll say it was an interesting, well-written article.  Dunne put a lot of time into this both from a writing and speaking to sources.  

Is this a “hit piece” on McDermott?  I would not it call that.  Do I think this information is wrong or misleading?  Probably not.  However there is definitely a slant to his writing.  It’s a column and not a hard news story.  So in my opinion to question Dunne’s bias or the motivations behind many of the sources used is fair game.

in part 1 Dunne paints McDermott is a “tight,” “robotic,” controlling dictator of a coach of who is effusive of blame.  He’s as serious behind the scenes about football as he is on camera.  

To his credit, Dunne did try to balance the negativity a bit by including comments from Lee Smith and Pat DiMarco - 2 of the 25 sources who didn’t hide behind anonymity.  Both me praised McDermott leadership - especially how he turned around the team in 2017.

As far as the negativity, anonymous ex coaches and players said that McDermott:

- Ripped players/coaches in film sessions 

- Got ticked off with little things players did during practice that viewed as unprofessional.  

- Micromanaged his assistants 

- Was especially strict on work hours for players and coaches.  
- Not particularly warm to his lower-level support staff.  

Dunne also used comments from press conferences to show that McDermott was effusive of blame during losses.  

The “sour grapes” comment really come into play when sources claimed he was jealous players gave the truck to Chad Hall.   Also someone referenced the emotional clip from last summer where McDermott talks about the long hours of coaching and sleeping at the facility.  One coach disputed that McDermott ever slept at the facility and said there were times when he left earlier than some coaches.  These just seem like pot shots to me 🤷‍♂️

Dunne also claimed Bills assistants are “leaving in droves” to take lateral moves.  Seems to be a hyperbolic to me.   For example he cited Heath Farwell’s move to Jacksonville, however I didn’t get the impression they wanted him back.  Ditto for Bobby Johnson.  If I cared more I would actually do the math.  

Finally Dunne claimed McDermott wanted Leslie Frazier gone and the resignation was PR spin.  According to “sources” close to Leslie he realized Buffalo was not the right situation for him so the split was amicable in that way.   

In the end, Dunne admits none of McDermott’s behavior is especially egregious or extreme for a head coach in the NFL and cites that Belichick is the same way.  What’s missing with McDermott is the SB rings.  

So if you don’t like McDermott you’ll love this article.  If you’re on the fence or if you like McDermott I don’t think it will move the needle for you.  

But if you’re interested in the Bills, this is an enjoyable read.  I don’t feel like I’ve wasted $8 after part 1. 

I just feel it should be read w/ a critical lens.  Not to say that Dunne is biased but to remember the perspectives and motivations of former players and coaches in Buffalo who were either fired or unhappy.  Also remember there’s three sides to the truth.  

Think of a former workplace.  If you liked your boss your experience was likely positive.  If you don’t like your boss it was probably negative.  I think it’s that simple here. 

Edited by JohnNord
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, Success said:

That's sports.

No one lays out the red carpet for a title run.  A lot of champions have had unpredictable roads to their titles..

We have the worst record in the NFL with a lead under 2 minutes. We are 0-6 in our last 6 OT games. We can’t win a game decided by 7 points or less. Sure I want the playoffs. But just getting in is not success nor do they get to say that is just because they completely screwed the first half of the year. Do something to change the tide on the first 3 stats. Make a deep run and don’t lose on a choke job or blow out. Then maybe we can talk about success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

At the behest of @Scott7975 and @PBF81 I gave my $8 to Dunne to read the article.    So far I’ve only read part 1.  

Overall, I’ll say it was an interesting, well-written article.  Dunne put a lot of time into this both from a writing and speaking to sources.  

Is this a “hit piece” on McDermott?  I would not it call that.  Do I think this information is wrong or misleading?  Probably not.  However there is definitely a slant to his writing.  It’s a column and not a hard news story.  So in my opinion to question Dunne’s bias or the motivations behind many of the sources used is fair game.

in part 1 Dunne paints McDermott is a “tight,” “robotic,” controlling dictator of a coach of who is effusive of blame.  He’s as serious behind the scenes about football as he is on camera.  

To his credit, Dunne did try to balance the negativity a bit by including comments from Lee Smith and Pat DiMarco - 2 of the 25 sources who didn’t hide behind anonymity.  Both me praised McDermott leadership - especially how he turned around the team in 2017.

- Got ticked off with little things players did during practice that viewed as unprofessional.  

Dunne also used comments from press conferences to show that McDermott was effusive of blame during losses.  

The “sour grapes” comment really come into play when sources claimed he was jealous players gave the truck to Chad Hall.   Also someone referenced the emotional clip from last summer where McDermott talks about the long hours of coaching and sleeping at the facility.  One coach disputed that McDermott ever slept at the facility and said there were times when he left earlier than some coaches.  These just seem like pot shots to me 🤷‍♂️

Dunne also claimed Bills assistants are “leaving in droves” to take lateral moves.  Seems to be a hyperbolic to me.   For example he cited Heath Farwell’s move to Jacksonville, however I didn’t get the impression they wanted him back.  Ditto for Bobby Johnson.  If I cared more I would actually do the math.  

Finally Dunne claimed McDermott wanted Leslie Frazier gone and the resignation was PR spin.  According to “sources” close to Leslie he realized Buffalo was not the right situation for him so the split was amicable in that way.   

In the end, Dunne admits none of McDermott’s behavior is especially egregious or extreme for a head coach in the NFL and cites that Belichick is the same way.  What’s missing with McDermott is the SB rings.  

So if you don’t like McDermott you’ll love this article.  If you’re on the fence or if you like McDermott I don’t think it will move the needle for you.  

But if you’re interested in the Bills, this is an enjoyable read.  I don’t feel like I’ve wasted $8 after part 1. 

I just feel it should be read w/ a critical lens.  Not to say that Dunne is biased but to remember the perspectives and motivations of former players and coaches in Buffalo who were either fired or unhappy.  Also remember there’s three sides to the truth.  

Think of a former workplace.  If you liked your boss your experience was likely positive.  If you don’t like your boss it was probably negative.  I think it’s that simple here. 

Thanks for the summary! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Give me a break. This is the 2nd or 3rd hit piece Dunes attempted. His :13 second work didn't have the impact he wanted, so here we go again. 

It does not matter if you talk to 25 people or 100.... if you walk into the project with the central thesis burned into your brain and already written . This wasn't a comparative fair study, Dune went into this w a goal in mind of smearing McD. He found folks who would assist him and promote that, and gave alternative viewpoints only a smidgen if any acknowledgement. 

I don't need to talk to 25 people....Dunes put his material out their for fair scrutiny, and it does not pass the sniff test. 

The timing here was intended and overt: he wanted to kick Billsmafia when we were down. He wanted to affect the news, not report the news. 

To be frank, given how outright silly and petty many of the assertions are, it's just a shame this garbage has gained traction. 

Thanks for not doing the work. You have no idea how journalists operate or what constitutes good work in that field. You probably didn't read the entire piece either. Yeah, he did provide numerous alternate points of view. Again, it's first-hand people (25) telling the story, not Dunne. He's a conduit, but the testimony belongs to others, all of whom have worked with or for McD.

The guy isn't kicking Bills Mafia when it's down. It takes a long time to put together this sort of piece. It's entirely coincidental it came out a week after another McD late-game fail.

53 minutes ago, OldNMBillsFan said:

It was "certainly" released to inflict damage? Gosh, that seems like the easiest thing in the world to demonstrate convincingly. Please, regale us.

Do write reports? Try cases? Write for publication with 25 sources? I am guessing no.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We have the worst record in the NFL with a lead under 2 minutes. We are 0-6 in our last 6 OT games. We can’t win a game decided by 7 points or less. Sure I want the playoffs. But just getting in is not success nor do they get to say that is just because they completely screwed the first half of the year. Do something to change the tide on the first 3 stats. Make a deep run and don’t lose on a choke job or blow out. Then maybe we can talk about success.

That's definitely fair.

None of us want to get caught in that "Rivers/Chargers" zone of being solid every year, but never getting that far in the playoffs.

I'm really torn on McD, but it will give me some pause if this team rallies now and goes on a run.  It's always kind of a work in progress.  Reid used to get the same criticism about winning big games in Philly (not saying McD could have a similar transformation, but I haven't ruled it out).

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Thanks for the summary.  I didn't want to pony up $8 for what sounded like a hatchet job.  And now that you've provided the Reader's Digest version, I feel like I've learned enough. 

McD has detractors.  That's not new.  But it reminds me of the Charles Mackay quote:

“You have no enemies, you say? Alas, my friend, the boast is poor. He who has mingled in the fray of duty that the brave endure, must have made foes. If you have none, small is the work that you have done. You’ve hit no traitor on the hip. You’ve dashed no cup from perjured lip. You’ve never turned the wrong to right. You’ve been a coward in the fight.”

I don't know what the truth is at OBD and don't pretend to.   But I don't think Dunne truly knows either because he seems to prefer to talk with the malcontents instead of seeking out a more balanced view.  

27 minutes ago, wettlaufer said:

Thanks for not doing the work. You have no idea how journalists operate or what constitutes good work in that field. You probably didn't read the entire piece either. Yeah, he did provide numerous alternate points of view. Again, it's first-hand people (25) telling the story, not Dunne. He's a conduit, but the testimony belongs to others, all of whom have worked with or for McD.

The guy isn't kicking Bills Mafia when it's down. It takes a long time to put together this sort of piece. It's entirely coincidental it came out a week after another McD late-game fail.

It was "certainly" released to inflict damage? Gosh, that seems like the easiest thing in the world to demonstrate convincingly. Please, regale us.

Do write reports? Try cases? Write for publication with 25 sources? I am guessing no.

Seriously what are you even talking about? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I thought it was pretty clear the reporters caught Hyde on the way from practice and asked if he had any statement about it.

Yes, but the statement itself seemed less enthusiastic than one would expect from a captain and longtime player under McD in my opinion. Also, a reporter shoves a microphone in his face after practice. What is he supposed to say? 

33 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Thanks for the summary.  I didn't want to pony up $8 for what sounded like a hatchet job.  And now that you've provided the Reader's Digest version, I feel like I've learned enough. 

McD has detractors.  That's not new.  But it reminds me of the Charles Mackay quote:

“You have no enemies, you say? Alas, my friend, the boast is poor. He who has mingled in the fray of duty that the brave endure, must have made foes. If you have none, small is the work that you have done. You’ve hit no traitor on the hip. You’ve dashed no cup from perjured lip. You’ve never turned the wrong to right. You’ve been a coward in the fight.”

I don't know what the truth is at OBD and don't pretend to.   But I don't think Dunne truly knows either because he seems to prefer to talk with the malcontents instead of seeking out a more balanced view.  

Do you have any idea how rare this kind of article is? Or what constitutes good journalism?

And you just admitted you read enough (from screenshots, DMs, failed firewall blockers) of a 20,000 word piece (that's a GD senior thesis) to reiterate your going-in biases?

You're a scholar. A scholar and a GD gentleman.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, wettlaufer said:

Dunne?  Ty Dunne?  Is that you? 😄  Just kidding.

I write reports.  I write for publication.  Last paper I wrote had 32 referenced sources and was so dry and technical you could place it in the desert and have it blend right in.

Journalism isn't my thing.  However, I feel I have some idea how journalists operate because I chat with them on occasion. 

Here's the thing: Ty Dunne is technically an independent contractor now.  He isn't writing for AP or for TBN which have standards for sourcing and verification in what they publish (Source: discussion with TBN sports editor Josh Barnett and AP reporter John Wawrow).  Upthread, I quoted an article by reporter and former Dunne mentor Chuck Pollock who points out that if Dunne were writing for a newspaper, there is no way he could have published a piece like that based on so many anonymous sources.  

So, writing independently gives Dunne great power he wouldn't have if he were writing for a publication.  "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" as Spiderman's Uncle Ben said repeatedly.

What Dunne wrote is, in journalistic terms, an opinion piece or opinion column.  He has sources, but he's not simply a conduit; he's not limiting himself to the "testimony of others".  He's mixing in his own slant and interpretation and using the sources to illustrate and support it.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a style of journalistic writing.  Several people upthread have gone point by point through fair-use excerpts and shown this pretty conclusively.  But, that you don't recognize this and refer to Dunne as "a conduit" and say "the testimony belongs to others", casts some doubt about your own understanding. 

I wouldn't argue that it was 'released to inflict damage'.  I don't know or pretend to know Dunne's motivations.  Dunne himself said in public interviews that he rushed completing the article after the Eagles game because he felt that close OT loss illustrated many of his points.   I think releasing it at a nexus point in the season, has the potential to maximize the interest it generates, and thus the traffic to Dunne's site/subscribers.  It's pretty clearly in Dunne's financial interest to release it now, but I don't know for sure whether financial interest motivated him, either.  Releasing it now also has a high potential to cause damage to the Bills season, but I can't tell you if that was a motivation or collateral damage.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Dunne?  Ty Dunne?  Is that you?

I write reports.

I write for publication

Last paper I wrote had 32 sources

I started work on a book a few years ago called “The Drought Era - 17 Years Of Hell”. I had 50 sources…. FIFTY! I had to drop the project though when only 2 of them would allow me to use their names, Chalkie Gerzowski and ICE. :( 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah no one was worrying about this at all at the time, definitely not something the Head Coach would want to make sure wasn't a problem going forward.

He literally said it fit his narrative, journalistic integrity right there. 🤣

A few fans that don't know anything big deal.  No media, no NFL word.

37 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I write reports.  I write for publication.  Last paper I wrote had 32 referenced sources and was so dry and technical you could place it in the desert and have it blend right in.

Journalism isn't my thing.  However, I feel I have some idea how journalists operate because I chat with them on occasion. 

Here's the thing: Ty Dunne is technically an independent contractor now.  He isn't writing for AP or for TBN which have standards for sourcing and verification in what they publish (Source: discussion with TBN sports editor Josh Barnett and AP reporter John Wawrow).  Upthread, I quoted an article by reporter and former Dunne mentor Chuck Pollock who points out that if Dunne were writing for a newspaper, there is no way he could have published a piece like that based on so many anonymous sources.  

So, writing independently gives Dunne great power he wouldn't have if he were writing for a publication.  "With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility" as Spiderman's Uncle Ben said repeatedly.

What Dunne wrote is, in journalistic terms, an opinion piece or opinion column.  He has sources, but he's not simply a conduit; he's not limiting himself to the "testimony of others".  He's mixing in his own slant and interpretation and using the sources to illustrate and support it.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a style of journalistic writing.  Several people upthread have gone point by point through fair-use excerpts and shown this pretty conclusively.  But, that you don't recognize this and refer to Dunne as "a conduit" and say "the testimony belongs to others", casts some doubt about your own understanding. 

I wouldn't argue that it was 'released to inflict damage'.  I don't know or pretend to know Dunne's motivations.  Dunne himself said in public interviews that he rushed completing the article after the Eagles game because he felt that close OT loss illustrated many of his points.   I think releasing it at a nexus point in the season, has the potential to maximize the interest it generates, and thus the traffic to Dunne's site/subscribers.  It's pretty clearly in Dunne's financial interest to release it now, but I don't know for sure whether financial interest motivated him, either.  Releasing it now also has a high potential to cause damage to the Bills season, but I can't tell you if that was a motivation or collateral damage.

This is really well written and I really appreciate this perspective. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's published and accessioned in Medline and PubMed.  But I ain't telling you my name.  Sorry.NotSorry.

So, peer-reviewed clinician objects to peer review. Got it.

41 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

This is a very reasoned response and I appreciate it.

Dunne had to get this out because his time, like that of any of us, is worth money. This thing was an investment of time and reputation and I don't think it was frivolous or shoddy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This thread is taking a concerning trend. We see this on the legal threads and the film watcher threads etc.  You don't have to be a reporter to interpret Dune's piece.

Everything has a sniff test of authenticity and Dune is putting this out to everyone, not just reporters. Therefore, you better expect it to connect or add up or face the consequences. 

I don't need to be a comedian or movie maker to tell you "Freddy Got Fingered" ( IMO the worst movie of all time) is a horrible movie. The sniff test.

Dunne's piece does not pass the sniff test. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

I just want to comment on a few things here.  Mostly I agree with your writeup.

1. Please everyone... I don't want you to think I am trying to get you to pay for the article. I just wish that people wouldn't go ape ***** and make all kinds of comments when they haven't read but a little snippet of it.  That simply isn't fair and a lot of misinformation.  Making a comment on a snippet that was read is fair.  Passing it off to the whole article is not.

2. " One coach disputed that McDermott ever slept at the facility and said there were times when he left earlier than some coaches.  These just seem like pot shots to me 🤷‍♂️"    This was not a pot shot or sour grapes. This was Dunne backing up his opinion that McD was fake. Remember, this part really started with McD telling the media that he often sleeps at work.  If it is indeed true that he doesn't, and I am not making a claim whether he does or not, then that would be fake or phony.

Thats about all really.  I don't disagree really with anything you say here.  I felt it was worth the 8 bucks because I enjoyed the read.  I like knowing things I don't know.  Have to know where to separate Dunne's opinion from the truths of the article and come to a conclusion for yourself.  You seem to be able to do that.  Ya know, everyone is going to have their own opinion.  I just want people to actually read before making it because that's the fair thing to do, but I am not trying to suggest anyone pay for it.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.