Kincaid Chasing Bills History

thenorthremembers

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Fear not brethren!!! Knox will be back stealing snaps and dropping passes before you know it. 

image.thumb.png.8d6afe39e7a0e1bd61fc48a457d74e03.png

I know this is said in jest, but if Brady knows anything about what he's doing it should only help.

I stumped hard for a 2 TE base set this offseason because (let's face it) our most dynamic weapons are Diggs, Knox, Kincaid and Cook. 12 personnel puts them all on the field at the same time. It's just that Dorsey had some sort of mental block that made them incapable of using them in anything interesting.

Brady appears far more likely to start in a 12 base, then motion Kincaid to put him against a LB while leaving a blocker in to bolster the right side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Real McClappy said:

So, what's the mark he needs to get to for receptions and yardage over the next 5 games?

Over 68 receptions (Metzelaars) and 726 yards receiving (Costa), so 13 receptions and 253 yards receiving over the next 5 games.

SOURCE:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/single-season-receiving.htm

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know this is said in jest, but if Brady knows anything about what he's doing it should only help.

I stumped hard for a 2 TE base set this offseason because (let's face it) our most dynamic weapons are Diggs, Knox, Kincaid and Cook. 12 personnel puts them all on the field at the same time. It's just that Dorsey had some sort of mental block that made them incapable of using them in anything interesting.

Brady appears far more likely to start in a 12 base, then motion Kincaid to put him against a LB while leaving a blocker in to bolster the right side.

I'm not a fan of 12 personnel with this squad for one reason, Gabe Davis. 

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, H2o said:

I'm not a fan of 12 personnel with this squad for one reason, Gabe Davis. 

I mean, we can go to 22 with Fournette if you want. :P

If your argument against using a personnel grouping that lets use use Kincaid as a chess piece is we have a bad #2 receiver, I'd say you're missing the point

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, we can go to 22 with Fournette if you want. :P

If your argument against using a personnel grouping that lets use use Kincaid as a chess piece is we have a bad #2 receiver, I'd say you're missing the point

I think Gabe puts us at a disadvantage if we are going to pass out of the formation, versus running the ball. He can block, he's just not reliable nor a good enough target opposite Diggs. He's easily single covered. I don't care about the Eagles game. He's had 4 solid games all year. The rest he's been nonexistent. We've been using Kincaid just fine without Knox. We don't need both of them on the field that much, and Knox looked to have taken a step back this year with the drops. Last thing we need is more untimely miscues from either of these guys the next 5 weeks. Yes, I know they will be on the field. We're stuck with that. It doesn't mean I'm going bang the table for them to be. 

• Agree 1

This is not a jab at Kincaid but I want to see more from him. The Bills are using him a safety valve more often than a down the field threat. He has been better the last few games. But I am not overly impressed at seeing him catch a two yard pass and go down. I want to see him downfield catching balls past the sticks, I know he can do it. Just watch the tape from college. The truth is on 90% of his catches the way the Bills have used him it could be Q Morris or most NFL level TE's catching a quick dump off. That is not why we made him a first round pick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Over 68 receptions (Metzelaars) and 726 yards receiving (Costa), so 13 receptions and 253 yards receiving over the next 5 games.

SOURCE:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/single-season-receiving.htm

Seems doable. I really hope he breaks both.

Thanks for the info.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Real McClappy said:

Seems doable. I really hope he breaks both.

Thanks for the info.

No problem!!! I originally posted the Costa card as a joke but then was shocked to see that he actually owned the record at TE for most receiving yards in a season! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I heard he's a big Cole Beasley so why would we care about TE records if he's a slot receiver?

Still bitter about that fourth round pick, are we? He's having an exceptional rookie year, and should be a weapon for years to come.

5 hours ago, ngbills said:

This is not a jab at Kincaid but I want to see more from him. The Bills are using him a safety valve more often than a down the field threat. He has been better the last few games. But I am not overly impressed at seeing him catch a two yard pass and go down. I want to see him downfield catching balls past the sticks, I know he can do it. Just watch the tape from college. The truth is on 90% of his catches the way the Bills have used him it could be Q Morris or most NFL level TE's catching a quick dump off. That is not why we made him a first round pick. 

That’s on Josh to really Up his game attacking intermediate and deep middle. He really shies away from it

28 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Still bitter about that fourth round pick, are we? He's having an exceptional rookie year, and should be a weapon for years to come.

It's an honest question. He was picked too high for a TE so they said think of him as a slot WR. Well as a WR he's not making much of an impact compared to other WR's that were in the draft. You can get a good TE later in the draft. Look at LaPorta. You draft based on value. Taking a TE in round 1 is almost as dumb as taking a RB. There's almost always players available that will give similar output later in the draft. It's just not good value

23 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Lost in this years tumult is the fact Kincaid is on pace to set both the season standard for both receptions and yards by a Bills tight end.   I understand the Bills dont have a lengthy history of great tight ends, but I think its a pretty big accomplishment given he is playing on a team that already has a "pro-bowl" tight end on the roster.    To be honest I was a little blown away when I saw his season was on pace to set the standard for receptions and yards by a Bills Tight End, despite his talent, I feel like his ceiling is a long ways off.   Let's hope its only up from here.  I hope the kid ends up reaching both standards and sets the bar nice and high from Bills tight ends from today forward.

Next year he will probably attend TE University and learn from the best.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Lost in this years tumult is the fact Kincaid is on pace to set both the season standard for both receptions and yards by a Bills tight end.   I understand the Bills dont have a lengthy history of great tight ends, but I think its a pretty big accomplishment given he is playing on a team that already has a "pro-bowl" tight end on the roster.    To be honest I was a little blown away when I saw his season was on pace to set the standard for receptions and yards by a Bills Tight End, despite his talent, I feel like his ceiling is a long ways off.   Let's hope its only up from here.  I hope the kid ends up reaching both standards and sets the bar nice and high from Bills tight ends from today forward.

I don't think it's a matter of chasing.  Barring the unforseen, he will shatter TE records in Buffalo.  He is already the best TE the Bills have EVER had and it's really not close.

7 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Kincaid was my number one target for the Bills. Surprised McPenis went for it. 

Are you 5?

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, butch rolle said:

Don't forget about me guys

Will not forget Butch Rolle.  He attend our annual tailgate. 

I'd show video but I cannot get on Facebook for It claims there is questionable access to my account so it is locked until I provide more information than I needed for my security clearance - and not coincidently those asked by banks.  All because I use a VPN to access internet because the idiot governor pushed an open ended bill allowing game makers to be sued.

24 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I don't think it's a matter of chasing.  Barring the unforseen, he will shatter TE records in Buffalo.  He is already the best TE the Bills have EVER had and it's really not close.

Are you 5?

5 year old, really? Why, because I’m pissed off at our HC and GM? 5 years and these idiots have done nothing to help our generational franchise QB, outside of Diggs. They finally get Allen a legit weapon and guard this last draft. Kudos on them, albeit late. However, I can’t throw an insult at them? Whatever….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.