College Football Playoffs 2023

Mark Vader

Bottom line is that FSU got royally screwed. Defense wins championships, and they have a helluva defense. And lIke others have said, they would have had their 2nd string QB back for the playoff games. Just like in the NFL, any of those top teams can beat another top team...."On any given Saturday." To make a blanket statement that "there's no way FSU would beat team x, y, or z" is just laughable and ridiculous. In March Madness bball, some underdogs knock off the "big dogs" EVERY year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yeah, he looked great against the really tough Louisville (defense last night who gave up 31 points to Kentucky).  And I understand how you are butt hurt by  Alabama getting in and I want you to feel better. Still, comparing the ACC to the SEC really is silly. Clemson was great and now even they are just a so-so team.

I give you credit however for taking a stand, especially when there are probably only about 6 or 7 college football fans in the world think that the ACC is anywhere close to being almost as good as the SEC but hey; one cannot put a price on originality.

The ACC was trash this season and the championship game was a debacle.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

Nah, undefeateds won’t get to 12. No one will care about one loss SMU getting in or not.

You're deluded.

The NCAA used to rank 64 teams for BB.

That number was raised to 65. Why?

Somebody, or somebodies, felt the 65th team deserved a shot.

So the 64th team and 65th team could a have game to decide the actual 64th seed.

That was raised to 67 teams. Why?

Same BS reason. Now the 64-67 teams can have a mini playoff for 64th seed.

Despite 67 teams getting to make the BB playoffs, there are still controversies about who gets selected and where they are ranked.

The last time I checked, there was only 1 team to win it all that was ranked lower than 20.

1 team. 1 ****ing team.

In reality, the NCAA only needs to rank the top 16 teams and let them play because that's where 99% of the time where the BB champion comes from.

And yet, people B word because their team was not selected.

So yeah, people will B word because the one loss SMU team did not get selected.

You can bet the house on that.

9 hours ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I agree to an extent, but we won't be arguing/discussing whether the GA's, UA's, FSU's, OSU's, Oregon's should get the last spot. It will be whom among the Louisville's, ND's, Arizona's and LSU's (using this year as an example) should get #10, #11, #12.

Like I said, just moving the goal posts.

Lets not forget, the top 4 teams get a bye, while teams 5-8 have to play an extra game in the 12 team format.

In years, what is the over/under on that becoming an issue that just needs to be "fixed" to make college football better?

2? 3? 4?

It will happen.

Heck, maybe just 1.

Look at this year. Imagine if this year was a 12 team playoff year.

Bama at 4, and FSU at 5.

I can already hear the bitching and crying about how it's not fair how FSU has to play an extra game as they are undefeated.

UGA is claiming they are the 4th best team. Don't they deserve to get a bye?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buddy Hix said:

The “Seminoles” should be commended for taking their cultural appropriation to this level…getting screwed out of something that they fought hard for and was rightfully theirs by a bunch of ignorant Jim Crow types is next level commitment to the bit.

And let’s also rejoice for ‘Bama. These rednecks, who couldn’t be bothered to score a 900 on their SATs, care nothing about standard of living and state poverty levels…football is all that matters. I’m happy for them.

Oooooh, the butt hurt is strong in this one.

I think they make a cream for that. Just ask the Auburn fans.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Cynical said:

Like I said, just moving the goal posts.

Lets not forget, the top 4 teams get a bye, while teams 5-8 have to play an extra game in the 12 team format.

In years, what is the over/under on that becoming an issue that just needs to be "fixed" to make college football better?

2? 3? 4?

It will happen.

Heck, maybe just 1.

Look at this year. Imagine if this year was a 12 team playoff year.

Bama at 4, and FSU at 5.

I can already hear the bitching and crying about how it's not fair how FSU has to play an extra game as they are undefeated.

UGA is claiming they are the 4th best team. Don't they deserve to get a bye?

I’ll say “last year FSU didn’t even get a shot so they should quit bitching” lol

18 hours ago, Simon said:

When only 4 teams get to play in those meaningful games, there is no, and never will be, a right answer.

Sure there is, if any Power 5 teams are undefeated conference champions they get a spot, should be no questions about that,  it's the one loss teams that get the tie breakers. 

I could understand leaving Florida St out if all 5 power conference champions were undefeated but they aren't. If losses do not matter, why bother playing a season schedule, they should just pick the 4 teams they think are the best and have them play.  Nobody can sit there and say with absolute certanty that Florida St can not win the National Championship. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The ACC was trash this season and the championship game was a debacle.  

Florida State 24 @ Florida 15 

Clemson 16 @ S Carolina 7 

Vanderbilt 20 @ Wake Forest 36 

Kentucky 38 @ Louisville 31

Texas AM 33 @ Miami 48 

Georgia 31 @ Ga Tech 23 - THE #1 TEAM IN THE NATION BARELY BEAT GT!!!!!!!!!!

N Carolina 31 vs S Carolina 17 

Ga Tech 23 @ Ole Miss 48

Florida State 45 vs LSU 24 

Virginia 13 vs Tennessee 49

So, what does that make the SEC? Even more trash? Highest ranked team barely beat a .500 Ga Tech team. The next highest ranked team LOST to Florida State by two scores. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
Score correction, FSU blew out LSU by a million
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Texas AM 33 @ Miami 48 

Ga Tech 23 @ Ole Miss 48

Florida State 24 vs LSU 24 

So, what does that make the SEC? Even more trash? Highest ranked team barely beat a .500 Ga Tech team. The next highest ranked team LOST to Florida State by two scores. 

That FSU vs LSU score was 45-24 by the way.

The SEC’s best non conference win was Kentucky over Louisville.

• Like (+1) 1

The worst part about this is we have to play Georgia in the Orange Bowl with both teams having all their top draft eligible players opting out to prepare for the draft while the others hitting the transfer portal. Based on tweets it’s sounding like Verse, Coleman and Wilson may opt out. Hopefully Buffalo gets the opportunity to get a kid like Coleman on the roster……that kid was a monster for us this season!

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Texas AM 33 @ Miami 48 

Ga Tech 23 @ Ole Miss 48

Bama too busy playing tough teams like Chattanooga to bother scheduling a “trash” ACC team?

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

As I said in a previous post, I know little about Michigan. Yolo, Willyville Guy, and many other posters do follow the Big 10 and I hope that they chime in.

Your question about UGA is a very good one. I think that Georgia is far superior to Washington. This of course doesn't mean that I am correct. Obviously I am partial to the SEC and lack a great deal of respect for other conferences but yes, UGA is clearly one of the 4 best teams. 

The above is of course jmo. It is not an all knowing proclamation and I know that the Alabama haters are butt hurt. Still, a few of facts do remain:

1) Georgia won 29 straight games, 2 consecutive national titles, was raanked #1 for most of the season and Alabama defeated them, in Georgia.

2) The last four national titles were won by LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Georgia. 

This has to be indicative of something, no?

And btw I appreciate the dialogue.

At their best, Michigan plays smashmouth, mistake-free football. Their OL is a group of mostly 23-25 year-old men -- I believe their youngest starter is a senior. They come right at you. My impression of Saban is that he loves that style of play and will gladly put his recruits up against Harbaugh's. I'm fascinated by the matchup and can't wait to watch. Roll Tide!!!! (On that particular day, lol)

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Texas AM 33 @ Miami 48 

Ga Tech 23 @ Ole Miss 48

It makes the SEC very top heavy.   Alabama and Georgia beat any ACC team 9 out of 10 times.    Michigan and Ohio State also dominate any ACC team this season.   The best teams matter GREATLY when assessing a conference.

I do think that broader SEC dominance is changing as the bottom teams in the SEC are losing some of their past ability to draw recruits.........but they still have that massive TV contract and the ACC is almost completely reliant on boosters and NIL because their contract is pathetic by comparison.    Fortunately the ACC teams have that booster/NIL in abundance.   

The worst part of this season for the ACC was the finish........the games in general got worse as the season went on and the championship game was a complete joke.    People are all over this "FSU defense" but if you watch the game Plummer was just awful for Louisville.   He was inconsistent like that during the season but the title game was a new low.   The moment was just much too big for him and he just wouldn't take the short throws and holding the ball made the FSU front look a lot better than it was.    

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It makes the SEC very top heavy.   Alabama and Georgia beat any ACC team 9 out of 10 times.    Michigan and Ohio State also dominate any ACC team this season.   The best teams matter GREATLY when assessing a conference.

I do think that broader SEC dominance is changing as the bottom teams in the SEC are losing some of their past ability to draw recruits.........but they still have that massive TV contract and the ACC is almost completely reliant on boosters and NIL because their contract is pathetic by comparison.    Fortunately the ACC teams have that booster/NIL in abundance.   

The worst part of this season for the ACC was the finish........the games in general got worse as the season went on and the championship game was a complete joke.    People are all over this "FSU defense" but if you watch the game Plummer was just awful for Louisville.   He was inconsistent like that during the season but the title game was a new low.   The moment was just much too big for him and he just wouldn't take the short throws and holding the ball made the FSU front look a lot better than it was.    

All I can reference is Georgia having a fit to beat a 6-6 Ga. Tech team. So..... 9 out of 10 times? 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I get why they are mad and everything...  

But I think they got it right.  No matter what they chose, people would complain.  We probably have the best possible matchups.  

I welcome the expanded playoffs.

Unless all 5 Power 5 conference champions are undefeated no undefeated Power 5 champion should ever be left out of the playoffs in favor of a one loss team let alone 2 one loss teams. Can't justify it one bit, why bother playing the season, just pick the 4 you want for the playoffs.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Bottom line is that FSU got royally screwed. Defense wins championships, and they have a helluva defense. And lIke others have said, they would have had their 2nd string QB back for the playoff games. Just like in the NFL, any of those top teams can beat another top team...."On any given Saturday." To make a blanket statement that "there's no way FSU would beat team x, y, or z" is just laughable and ridiculous. In March Madness bball, some underdogs knock off the "big dogs" EVERY year.

FSU is going to lose by 21 to Georgia 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

All I can reference is Georgia having a fit to beat a 6-6 Ga. Tech team. So..... 9 out of 10 times? 

And St barely got by BC... 

And I would say if Georgia played that Georgia tech team 10 times... That 31-23 is the closest 

You act like Georgia tech coaches can't get their kids up for a rivalry that nobody said they had a chance in ... I'm going to say losing by 8 was them putting it all out and Georgia bringing C game

Edited by Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

FSU is going to lose by 21 to Georgia 

You don’t watch college football do you? That game is gonna be terrible because nobody is gonna play in it. Kids are already opting out all over college football or hitting the transfer portal. Unless your playing in the playoffs these bowl games might as well be a glorified exhibition.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

This crazy perception that the SEC is so vastly superior to the other 4 power conferences is total bunk. ESPN and the media falsly pre season rank all the SEC schools too high in the first place. 

The NFL and statistics would show your wrong... It's division 1 football , every team down to UB has talent ...

But the SEC has had the most draft picks for 18 straight years.... That means the NFL thinks they have the most talent 18 Straight years

Since 2010 the sec has 135 1st rounders ... Next closest is ACC /Big10 at 64... Literally double 

Since 09 Top 10 NFL picks by league: SEC (50); ACC (21); Pac-12 (21); Big 12 (20); B1G (14), Notre Dame (4); AAC (3); MAC (3); BYU (2); Mountain West (1)

10 SEC schools had over 3 players drafted in 23...  Only 5 ACC schools did ... 7 SEC schools had 5+ drafted... ACC only had 2... Big10 5

8 straight years over 50 sec players drafted ... Over the last 25 years ... The acc, Big10 , big12 and Pac12 have only 2 years where 50 or more players were selected

Yes the Big10 and ACC have talent... It's not top to bottom the SEC

33 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You don’t watch college football do you? That game is gonna be terrible because nobody is gonna play in it. Kids are already opting out all over college football or hitting the transfer portal. Unless your playing in the playoffs these bowl games might as well be a glorified exhibition.

Georgia isn't gonna take it lightly 

And you're literally asking the guy who played college football and coached and scouted if he watches LMAO

Georgia is pissed they didn't get in lol they're going to make a statement 

They have 90 scholarship football players... They're not going to be hurting to put together a team

Tell that to the players putting on the uniform for the last time that it's a glorified exhibition

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LarryMadman said:

Unless all 5 Power 5 conference champions are undefeated no undefeated Power 5 champion should ever be left out of the playoffs in favor of a one loss team let alone 2 one loss teams. Can't justify it one bit, why bother playing the season, just pick the 4 you want for the playoffs.

When “winning every single game” isn’t enough to make postseason play, you know your sport is stupid.

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

What are you even talking about? :doh:  The "kid" was a 4 star, elite 11 QB not some walk-on.   He wasn't up to the task.   It happens.   The committee shouldn't risk the kind of performance they might get from he or Orvile Rodemaker and leave us watching a got-dam azz whipping in one of those semi-final games.    They won a game at home versus Miami(barely) last month with an even lesser true freshman QB starting against them.    FSU did not finish the season like a top 4 team and ultimately they stood no chance of winning in the playoff.    

Where is that dude who wanted Norvell for head coach lol. Truly an offensive mastermind 

• Haha (+1) 1

The SEC's stranglehold on the Top 25 rankings for the CFP will end this season, thankfully. The SEC has existed this way because their rankings boost all of the other conference teams up, like for instance a team like Ole Miss who never played anybody in the Top 25 outside of the SEC and yet was STILL ranked in the Top 10. Ole Miss is a prime example as to how this four team CFP process was BS from the very beginning. SEC teams have done this year after year, but now with a twelve team playoff, FINALLY we get the fair CFP we should have had all along.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The SEC's stranglehold on the Top 25 rankings for the CFP will end this season, thankfully. The SEC has existed this way because their rankings boost all of the other conference teams up, like for instance a team like Ole Miss who never played anybody in the Top 25 outside of the SEC and yet was STILL ranked in the Top 10. Ole Miss is a prime example as to how this four team CFP process was BS from the very beginning. SEC teams have done this year after year, but now with a twelve team playoff, FINALLY we get the fair CFP we should have had all along.

Then teams 13 through 16 would feel left out.. there will never be a correct answer

And if you put Ole Miss in the ACC they're instantly in the top two or three brands in the ACC.. instantly right up there with FSU and Clemson... And ahead of Louisville and Virginia , VT , SU , NC st , GT

They don't need to play crazy out of conference games because they're playing Alabama , and MSst and Georgia and A&M , and Arkansas and Auburn yearly 

There about 2 team a year in the ACC who would seriously compete in the SEC... There's about 11 teams that would be able to seriously compete in the ACC from the SEC

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The NFL and statistics would show your wrong... It's division 1 football , every team down to UB has talent ...

But the SEC has had the most draft picks for 18 straight years.... That means the NFL thinks they have the most talent 18 Straight years

Since 2010 the sec has 135 1st rounders ... Next closest is ACC /Big10 at 64... Literally double 

Since 09 Top 10 NFL picks by league: SEC (50); ACC (21); Pac-12 (21); Big 12 (20); B1G (14), Notre Dame (4); AAC (3); MAC (3); BYU (2); Mountain West (1)

10 SEC schools had over 3 players drafted in 23...  Only 5 ACC schools did ... 7 SEC schools had 5+ drafted... ACC only had 2... Big10 5

8 straight years over 50 sec players drafted ... Over the last 25 years ... The acc, Big10 , big12 and Pac12 have only 2 years where 50 or more players were selected

Yes the Big10 and ACC have talent... It's not top to bottom the SEC

Georgia isn't gonna take it lightly 

And you're literally asking the guy who played college football and coached and scouted if he watches LMAO

They have 90 scholarship football players... They're not going to be hurting to put together a team

Tell that to the players putting on the uniform for the last time that it's a glorified exhibition

Georgia is pissed they didn’t get in so their gonna make a statement?!?!

Have you watched college football the past few seasons??? Just about every draft eligible player will opt out of this game since it isn’t the playoffs and a lot more will enter the portal. I’m a diehard FSU fan so I’m on the War Chant Message board……our top 2 recievers in Coleman and Wilson have pretty tweeted they’ve opted out, our starting TE Bell has opted out, our 2nd and 3rd string TE have hit the portal, and our 4th string 4 star QB has hit the portal. That game is gonna be an exhibition!

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Georgia is pissed they didn’t get in so their gonna make a statement?!?!

Have you watched college football the past few seasons??? Just about every draft eligible player will opt out of this game since it isn’t the playoffs and a lot more will enter the portal. I’m a diehard FSU fan so I’m on the War Chant Message board……our top 2 recievers in Coleman and Wilson have pretty tweeted they’ve opted out, our starting TE Bell has opted out, our 2nd and 3rd string TE have hit the portal, and our 4th string 4 star QB has hit the portal. That game is gonna be an exhibition!

Vegas already has it as a 14 point spread

And I said 21...

Regardless that's on those FSU players for not wanting to fully commit to their season... There are plenty of players around the country who are not hitting the portal

I've already talked with a bunch of coaches about the portal and NIL ....

And if you are better off... Recruiting a loyal player... Who only has three stars next to his name but he'll stay for 5 years....

Compared to a kid with four or five stars next to his name who is chasing the bag and might be in the next portal

Big schools certainly are going to have a turnaround of talent yearly now... But they'll also be able to buy it back

Can the schools like Utah... Actually build a powerhouse by keeping kids for 5 years... While schools like Florida State lose them yearly

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Then teams 13 through 16 would feel left out.. there will never be a correct answer

And if you put Ole Miss in the ACC they're instantly in the top two or three brands in the ACC.. instantly right up there with FSU and Clemson... And ahead of Louisville and Virginia , VT , SU , NC st , GT

They don't need to play crazy out of conference games because they're playing Alabama , and MSst and Georgia and A&M , and Arkansas and Auburn yearly 

There about 2 team a year in the ACC who would seriously compete in the SEC... There's about 11 teams that would be able to seriously compete in the ACC from the SEC

You guys seriously overrate the SEC 🙄

Bama and Georgia run thru the SEC consistently with very little resistance. Take any of those SEC teams not named Bama or Georgia and put them in the ACC and FSU and Clemson would be whooping them year in and year out lol

When Jimbo Fisher was coaching FSU I believe he had a career record of like 9-2 against the SEC…..beating Florida a bunch of times, South Carolina, Auburn in the national championship, Ole Miss to kick off the season etc. FSU has never had problems beating SEC teams……Norvell is 4-0 against the SEC the past 2 seasons.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Vegas already has it as a 14 point spread

And I said 21...

Regardless that's on those FSU players for not wanting to fully commit to their season... There are plenty of players around the country who are not hitting the portal

I've already talked with a bunch of coaches about the portal and NIL ....

And if you are better off... Recruiting a loyal player... Who only has three stars next to his name but he'll stay for 5 years....

Compared to a kid with four or five stars next to his name who is chasing the bag and might be in the next portal

Big schools certainly are going to have a turnaround of talent yearly now... But they'll also be able to buy it back

Can the schools like Utah... Actually build a powerhouse by keeping kids for 5 years... While schools like Florida State lose them yearly

A ton of Georgia players are opting out…..it’s not just a FSU thing…..it’s a college football thing! These kids don’t play in the bowl games if they’re draft eligible……the USC QB Williams just opted out.

i just did a quick google search …..within the past 12 hours Georgia just lost a DT, OL and WR to the portal.

Edited by streetkings01

12 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You guys seriously overrate the SEC 🙄

Bama and Georgia run thru the SEC consistently with very little resistance. Take any of those SEC teams not named Bama or Georgia and put them in the ACC and FSU and Clemson would be whooping them year in and year out lol

When Jimbo Fisher was coaching FSU I believe he had a career record of like 9-2 against the SEC…..beating Florida a bunch of times, South Carolina, Auburn in the national championship, Ole Miss to kick off the season etc. FSU has never had problems beating SEC teams……Norvell is 4-0 against the SEC the past 2 seasons.

You wouldn't be whooping them year in and year out... Ole Miss is 1-1 all time against FSU

Auburn is 13-5 all time vs FSU with the losses all being 1 TD

Florida is 37-28 VS FSU 

Those teams could slot in and compete on a yearly basis... They would not be getting whooped yearly by Clemson and Florida State

It would actually be really good football

Florida state has much more pedigree than Clemson also who is new to being a power

Even Clemson at the top of their programs power in the last decade... Is 4-0 against Auburn... Winning by 8, 6, 7....

Not exactly blowing them out... 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You wouldn't be whooping them year in and year out... Ole Miss is 1-1 all time against FSU

Auburn is 13-5 all time vs FSU with the losses all being 1 TD

Florida is 37-28 VS FSU 

Those teams could slot in and compete on a yearly basis... They would not be getting whooped yearly by Clemson and Florida State

You do know a lot of those losses were pre-Bobby Bowden 😂

The last time Auburn beat FSU was 1990. Ole Miss beat us in 1961

Jimbo Fisher was 7-1 against the Gators. We’re 26-22-1 against the Gators since Bowden/Fisher/Taggert/Norvell took over.

You thought you did something bringing up wins against FSU when Bert Reynolds was playing 🙄

Edited by streetkings01

15 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You do know a lot of those losses were pre-Bobby Bowden 😂

The last time Auburn beat FSU was 1990. Ole Miss beat us in 1961

Jimbo Fisher was 7-1 against the Gators. 

You thought you did something bringing up wins against FSU when Bert Reynolds was playing 🙄

Bobby Bowden was 17-18-1 vs Florida 

Im saying that 100% Tennessee Auburn Florida and Ole Miss not even counting Alabama and Georgia could compete in the ACC 

They're recruiting , and level of play is instantly above most ACC teams

Yes I think Ole Miss would stomp Louisville

And 26-22 is not constantly smacking an opponent... That's called a good rivalry

And Florida state is a good program... But all the other programs in the ACC are not Head and shoulders above the ones I named

Even Dabo and Clemson lost some luster.. it's not a East Coast Alabama

Edited by Buffalo716

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Well then Bama plays the non top heavy part of the SEC.  They aren’t just playing with themselves.

How do they get credit for playing a “tough” schedule when the teams they played were beaten by ACC teams?  The whole thing is pretzel logic of the highest order.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bobby Bowden was 17-18-1 vs Florida 

Im saying that 100% Tennessee Auburn Florida and Ole Miss not even counting Alabama and Georgia could compete in the ACC 

They're recruiting , and level of play is instantly above your second place ACC team in Louisville this season 

Yes I think Ole Miss would stop Louisville

Their level of play is on par with everyone else stop. Only Georgia and Bama are elite programs. There’s a reason why all those teams are constantly hiring and firing coaches. Stop acting like every SEC team is superior to every other team…..if that’s the case the wouldn’t be 4-6 against the ACC this season and 1-2 against the Big 12.

Edited by streetkings01

19 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Their level of play is on par with everyone else stop. Only Georgia and Bama are elite programs. There’s a reason why all those teams are constantly hiring and firing coaches. Stop acting like every SEC team is superior to every other team…..if that’s the case the wouldn’t be 4-6 against the ACC this season and 1-2 against the Big 12.

SEC is 341-184 all time vs ACC

Whether it was the 80s 90s or 2000s doesn't matter

There's always a couple anomaly seasons

22-13 in 20s

57-44 10s

47-32 00s

33-26 90s

ACC never had a better decade versus the SEC 

I'm not saying Vanderbilt is better than every ACC School... I'm saying the SEC has a lot of schools that would be able to compete in the ACC

Ole Miss would not have a problem with Pitt or SU or VTech or duke... Florida or Tenn wouldn't either 

Again I'm not hating on your Florida State Seminoles... They have a tremendous history

I'm saying the sec would beat up on the SU and Duke and Virginia and Wake Forest of the ACC 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

1.  Shirley you can’t be serious.  Wouldn’t it have been a good idea to make their statement about getting in when they played Bama?

2. The point is that both FSU and Ga have players that have ALREADY put on the uniform for the last time, so the game will be vastly different than a playoff game would have been for both teams.

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

SEC is 341-184 all time vs ACC

Whether it was the 80s 90s or 2000s doesn't matter

There's always a couple anomaly seasons

Seriously?  Bama got in because of the 1990s?  Do you have money on DePaul for March Madness?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

1.  Shirley you can’t be serious.  Wouldn’t it have been a good idea to make their statement about getting in when they played Bama?

2. The point is that both FSU and Ga have players that have ALREADY put on the uniform for the last time, so the game will be vastly different than a playoff game would have been for both teams.

Seriously?  Bama got in because of the 1990s?  Do you have money on DePaul for March Madness?

I'm showing historically the SEC has never been weaker than the ACC

That's the only point.. he sang the SEC is overrated and I'm saying there's a bunch of SEC teams that could compete in the ACC yearly

Tenn , Florida , ole Miss , Missouri  etc would not have a problem with pitt or SU or Duke or Virginia or VTech 

And of course.. but they literally haven't lost in 2 years I was surprised they were left out... I literally said A week ago in one of the college threads Alabama wins and f**** everything up

Nobody will ever be happy because one team will always feel left out... That's a fact

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.