Week 13, who Bills fans should want to lose around the NFL

Chaos

11 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Not sure why but I still feel like a 10-7 final record with only loss to Dallas would still get us In. That record Almost always gets a team in every year. Inevitably a team or two who is winning on turnovers and smoke/Mirrors will collapse down the stretch 

the playoff odds are not static.  lots of middling teams playing each other and there will be upsets.  i agree 10-7 has a good  chance but then it comes down to tie breakers.  We need to beat KC and the dolphins imo and get to 10-7 among our other games. i think we get in then.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I think Jax is a bigger threat to us than Cincy

To answer my own comment:

The Jaguars are currently the AFC’s No. 3 seed, but this matchup is more about keeping the Bengals from catching up to the Bills in the AFC standings. It seems unlikely for Cincinnati to make a late season run without Joe Burrow, but a collapse by the Jaguars is even more unlikely. In this matchup, Bills fans should be rooting for Jacksonville to send the Bengals to 5-7 on Monday.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2023/12/buffalo-bills-remain-in-the-playoff-hunt-who-should-fans-be-rooting-for-in-week-13.html

Chargers and Browns, IMO, aren’t losing. Miami has a shot but Howell has to step up like he has been without the turnovers for them to have a chance. 

Steelers should win also, would have been nice if Dobbs was still there for an element of “revenge” and that team play extra hard for him and themselves to pull out a W. 

The rest are all completely up in the air and have a chance. 

26 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Chargers and Browns, IMO, aren’t losing. Miami has a shot but Howell has to step up like he has been without the turnovers for them to have a chance. 

Steelers should win also, would have been nice if Dobbs was still there for an element of “revenge” and that team play extra hard for him and themselves to pull out a W. 

They are all up in the air.  That’s why they play the games. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Chargers are irrelevant this week. They have 4 wins and we still play them. Obviously  that is a must win for the Bills. With their remaining schedule and assuming the Bills beat them (which there is no assuming there, but in this hypothetical theres no way the Bills can get in without beating them), there's no chance in hades LAC gets in 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

If you're playing a 5 team parley this weekend ...

Miami

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Indianapolis

Denver

This is the season that the ball bounces the wrong way for this team at every opportunity.

Why leave the chargers out?

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Why leave the chargers out?

Why include them ?

With rumors that they're kicking their HC to the curb at the end of the season and the calender just hit December, his last victory will probably be against McDermott and the Bills ... On a last second TD no doubt.

Besides ... It was a 5 team parley 😉

What a relief not to have to think about the Bills this Sunday, or watch another excruciating loss. What a bummer this season has been. How much grief they’ve brought me over the 59 years I’ve been a fan of this team.

Some joy too, but not as much.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

What a relief not to have to think about the Bills this Sunday, or watch another excruciating loss. What a bummer this season has been. How much grief they’ve brought me over the 59 years I’ve been a fan of this team.

Some joy too, but not as much.

I empathize.  But the current woes are different than the drought year woes.  The season used to only be 14 games.  We have played 12 and are still in contention theoetically. Instead of being upset that the Bills will might miss the playoffs, I am trying to convince myself that the Bills have blessed us by bring the playoffs early, and not only that, we may get to see them play as many as these playoff games.   Just win baby. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.