Week 13, who Bills fans should want to lose around the NFL

Chaos

The team on the left is the team I think best benefits the Bills by losing in this weeks games. 

1. Dolphins -9.5 favorites vs Washington
  2. Chargers - 5.5 favorites vs New England
  3. Browns +3.5 underdongs to Rams
  4. Bengals +8.5 underdogs to the Jaguars
  5. Steelers -6.5 favorites over the Cardinals
  6. Broncos +3 underdogs to the Texans
  7. Colts -1.5 over the titans

Quite a few fanbases running the "if we win out" numbers at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The team on the left is the team I think best benefits the Bills by losing in this weeks games. 

Not sure why but I still feel like a 10-7 final record with only loss to Dallas would still get us In. That record Almost always gets a team in every year. Inevitably a team or two who is winning on turnovers and smoke/Mirrors will collapse down the stretch 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

man, the Patriots could really help us out in the next couple weeks officially knocking the Chargers out of playoff contention, and then handing the Steelers a loss.

(They won’t, tho)

the help would be nice. 

36 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

-6.5 Steelers?!?!?

can they even score 6 

sheesh.  If I’m a gambler I’m on that one 

The cardinals are a disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Thanks for posting. 

Haven't been in this mindset in awhile - but it's not so bad. Makes a bye week exciting.

Basically the Bills are starting a double elimination tournament next week.  First loss puts us in the loser bracket.  Second loss at any point ends the season. It is only going to take an 8-1 run to be super bowl champions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Ben said:

sucks that we're back to these in the hunt scenarios like we were every year of the drought. 

Good(ForNothing)ell experiment was successful.

Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy movie Trading Places.

If I was in a game I'd have a sign saying Goodell should be used as Experimental Animal.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Good(ForNothing)ell experiment was successful.

Reminds me of the Eddie Murphy movie Trading Places.

If I was in a game I'd have a sign saying Goodell should be used as Experimental Animal.

meh… that sucked but it’s usually a house of horrors when we play the Jaguars anyway.

Even with the injuries to Jones and Milano that game… we take care of business against Zach Freakin’ Wilson week 1 and Mac Freakin’’ Jones a couple weeks after Goodell’s Fantastic Experiment, we’re 8-4 and talking about the #1 seed in the AFC instead of running permutations to even get into the dance in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

meh… that sucked but it’s usually a house of horrors when we play the Jaguars anyway.

Even with the injuries to Jones and Milano that game… we take care of business against Zach Freakin’ Wilson week 1 and Mac Freakin’’ Jones a couple weeks after Goodell’s Fantastic Experiment, we’re 8-4 and talking about the #1 seed in the AFC instead of running permutations to even get into the dance in the first place.

In this particular thread, the comment about experiment is not about the outcome of the experiment. The NFL's willingness to do an experiment at all that is likely to affect fair competition is a direct hit to the leagues credibility and integrity.  The lack of self-awareness (or alternatively arrogance) by Goodell making these comments is problematic to me.  In 1919 MLB brought in an independent commissioner to stamp out gamblings influence.  Ironically gamblings influence in the NFL is likely to lead to a calls for an independent commissioner to restore integrity to the NFL. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, DBilz2500 said:

Not sure why but I still feel like a 10-7 final record with only loss to Dallas would still get us In. That record Almost always gets a team in every year. Inevitably a team or two who is winning on turnovers and smoke/Mirrors will collapse down the stretch 

We have lost too many AFC games. 

The theory remains true. Lose to the NFC teams and beat the AFC teams then we get to the playoffs 

1 hour ago, Ben said:

sucks that we're back to these in the hunt scenarios like we were every year of the drought. 

Not counting the 'lose for draft position' crowd after the 2nd game during those years of course

Edited by stevewin

If we lose to KC, we fall to 3-6 in the conference, so we need to get over that hurdle first.

Every other team we're fighting against already has a better record than us, but if we manage to catch up, they also have better conference records than us too.

Browns: 5-3

Steelers: 5-3

Colts: 4-3

Texans: 4-3

Broncos: 3-4

The Broncos are the closest to our level, but they have a head-to-head win (another McD choke). If we can upset the Cheifs in Arrowhead for a 3rd straight year, then I'll look further ahead again. A loss to Dallas won't be the end of the world, but a loss to KC will require a lot of teams to fall apart ahead of us.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

Browns an underdong - Well played 💯💯💯

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

If we lose to KC, we fall to 3-6 in the conference, so we need to get over that hurdle first.

Every other team we're fighting against already has a better record than us, but if we manage to catch up, they also have better conference records than us too.

Browns: 5-3

Steelers: 5-3

Colts: 4-3

Texans: 4-3

Broncos: 3-4

The Broncos are the closest to our level, but they have a head-to-head win (another McD choke). If we can upset the Cheifs in Arrowhead for a 3rd straight year, then I'll look further ahead again. A loss to Dallas won't be the end of the world, but a loss to KC will require a lot of teams to fall apart ahead of us.

season is over if we lose to KC.  We ain’t getting the help we need to sneak in at 10-7.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.