Who gives Pegula advice?

tomur67

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Appreciate it brother.  Hadnt seen that in the past.  As much as I think Jones isnt the best guy he's done a pretty good job with the Cowboys considering he wasnt always a football guy.

He played at Arkansas on a national championship team

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The Pegulas talk to Jerry Jones on multiple subjects including the stadium.

That's probably not a bad thing.  Much as we might dislike him, Jones is actually one of the more savvy owners in the game.  The Cowboys franchise has certainly been successful under his ownership.

Edited by mannc

Recall a long time ago, back in early 80's Giants were a complete mess and at the owners request, brought in a retired ex GM front office person to help them figure things out.  From that they turned things around and became a dominant team over the next 15 to 20 years.  Can't recall the name who was brought in??

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Recall a long time ago, back in early 80's Giants were a complete mess and at the owners request, brought in a retired ex GM front office person to help them figure things out.  From that they turned things around and became a dominant team over the next 15 to 20 years.  Can't recall the name who was brought in??

George Young

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hnuifoo4r56llsrr0n

Is there point to your post?

9 hours ago, boater said:

Learn to like it. Without Pegs, you wouldn't even be here commenting today on the _______ Bills. (fill in the blank with any city more vibrant than Buffalo)

AND that is all that matters right?

The Sabres can never make the play-offs again and/or the Bills never win a Super Bowl but as long as Pegula keeps the team in Buffalo to make the City of Buffalo and anyone from it relevant then it is OK right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Maynard said:

Kim and maybe the kids. It’s really sad because I feel Kim was making many of the decisive decisions on the football side. I feel for Terry there, and why I expect no major changes to occur for next season. 

I agree that an unqualified Kim was making decisions.

Curious why you “feel” for Terry.

14 hours ago, boater said:

Learn to like it. Without Pegs, you wouldn't even be here commenting today on the _______ Bills. (fill in the blank with any city more vibrant than Buffalo)

You don’t know that? That is purely speculative. Terry Pegula got $850 million dollars from New York State and Erie County. The Oakland Athletics moved to Las Vegas for less than half that in public money $350 million dollars is a bargain for a MLB franchise. Las Vegas is a strip that’s it it’s hardly New York City or Los Angeles. Ok so Buffalo would have professional sports regardless of Terry Pegula if we are passing out that much public money. The economic model changes from decade to decade. The Local Cable television market that ruled MLB baseball of the 1990’s are no more. Professional sports are about public money today what are you going to give the owner. Austin, Texas was never giving $850 million dollars of public money to Terry Pegula that was totally made up by the Buffalo Bills. So no I don’t think Terry Pegula saved the Buffalo Bills the NFL was letting Buffalo stay in the NFL regardless of Terry Pegula because of the public money available from New York State. The NFL offices are in New York City the NFL knew wink, wink New York State has public money for their NFL team in Western New York. I think even if Bon Jovi got the Bills they would have stayed in Buffalo because of the public money that they couldn’t get in Toronto. So the NFL had the Bills staying because of the public money so they can blackmail Nashville and Jacksonville saying see Buffalo paid. San Diego, Oakland and St Louis wouldn’t pay that is why they aren’t there. It has zero to do with how great your market is or isn’t if that was the case Oklahoma City wouldn’t have Seattle’s NBA team. OKC paid and Seattle didn’t bye, bye SuperSonics in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.