Who gives Pegula advice?

tomur67

7 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

You don’t know that? That is purely speculative. Terry Pegula got $850 million dollars from New York State and Erie County. The Oakland Athletics moved to Las Vegas for less than half that in public money $350 million dollars is a bargain for a MLB franchise. Las Vegas is a strip that’s it it’s hardly New York City or Los Angeles. Ok so Buffalo would have professional sports regardless of Terry Pegula if we are passing out that much public money. The economic model changes from decade to decade. The Local Cable television market that ruled MLB baseball of the 1990’s are no more. Professional sports are about public money today what are you going to give the owner. Austin, Texas was never giving $850 million dollars of public money to Terry Pegula that was totally made up by the Buffalo Bills. So no I don’t think Terry Pegula saved the Buffalo Bills the NFL was letting Buffalo stay in the NFL regardless of Terry Pegula because of the public money available from New York State. The NFL offices are in New York City the NFL knew wink, wink New York State has public money for their NFL team in Western New York. I think even if Bon Jovi got the Bills they would have stayed in Buffalo because of the public money that they couldn’t get in Toronto. So the NFL had the Bills staying because of the public money so they can blackmail Nashville and Jacksonville saying see Buffalo paid. San Diego, Oakland and St Louis wouldn’t pay that is why they aren’t there. It has zero to do with how great your market is or isn’t if that was the case Oklahoma City wouldn’t have Seattle’s NBA team. OKC paid and Seattle didn’t bye, bye SuperSonics in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Well said sir!!!

Do you know why Terry Pegula paid $1.4B when Forbes had the Bills valued at less than $1B?

US Tax laws allow NFL owners to write off the price they pay for a franchise over 10 years against all income.

Nice eh?

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Maynard said:

Kim and maybe the kids. It’s really sad because I feel Kim was making many of the decisive decisions on the football side. I feel for Terry there, and why I expect no major changes to occur for next season. 

I do not think she was making decisions but she was attending meetings like a good president was supposed to.

14 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I agree that an unqualified Kim was making decisions.

Curious why you “feel” for Terry.

Does Woody Johnson, Jets, have this qualification?

Does Mark Davis, Raiders, have it?

Does David Tepper, Panthers, have it?

Does Jimmy Haslam, Browns, have it?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, boater said:

Does Woody Johnson, Jets, have this qualification?

Does Mark Davis, Raiders, have it?

Does David Tepper, Panthers, have it?

Does Jimmy Haslam, Browns, have it?

Compared to Houghton College possible graduate Kim who met her husband while applying for a waitress job I would say they are professional sports executive geniuses compared to her.

Each of those Owners you listed are Captains of Industry.

With all due respect to Mrs. Pegula, she could not captain a row boat.

Let’s be honest about how she became President of both the Sabres and Bills.

I will continue to pray for Kim’s health however she was waaaaaaay out of her league.

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I do not think she was making decisions but she was attending meetings like a good president was supposed to.

I mean it’s kind of hard to say how much involvement she had in decision making, but the buck stops with Kim and Terry. Unfortunately, now it’s only Terry. Terry’s baby has been the Sabres and we all know that’s been a mess.

Edited by Maynard
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Maynard said:

I mean it’s kind of hard to say how much involvement she had in decision making, but the buck stops with Kim and Terry. Unfortunately, now it’s only Terry. 

Isn't Terry's oldest daughter learning the ropes. Unless Terry sells at some point, she will be the one taking over.

10 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Why?

That's a great question.  Plus, as far as I know about their family (which is almost absolutely nothing) it is the "other" daughter that is the big sports fan.  The one who used to leak news on Twitter and what not until they locked her down, early in Pegula's ownership of the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, margolbe said:

I hope that his tennis player daughter takes over when she retires.

17 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Why?

Funny how children of OTHER rich people's kids are automatically accepted as qualified to run NFL franchises, but for some reason you are so skeptical of Pegula's children.

Also, with respect to the hints of chauvinism in your posts @HIT BY SPIKES, how has Terry's passion project/hockey org done after 10+ years? compared to Kim's Bills (air quotes) after less time? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

To make you mad

Thank you for thinking of me.

I feel a little guilty since I never think of you.

Perhaps a little more honesty on whether as a Bills fan it is more important for the Bills to finally win a SuperBowl rather than simply remain in Buffalo regardless of winning would be wise.

To me it is all about the former and will follow the laundry as a fan forever regardless of location.

1 hour ago, Richard Noggin said:

Funny how children of OTHER rich people's kids are automatically accepted as qualified to run NFL franchises, but for some reason you are so skeptical of Pegula's children.

Also, with respect to the hints of chauvinism in your posts @HIT BY SPIKES, how has Terry's passion project/hockey org done after 10+ years? compared to Kim's Bills (air quotes) after less time? 

No hints of chauvinism at all.

Neither should have done anything as Owners other than hand the keys to an experienced high level NFL/NHL executive who would then hire a GM and that GM would hire a HC.

It is basic Organizational Behaviour Structure.

The Pegulas refuse to do that.

That is their prerogative however as a Bills fan I just want to win.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Compared to Houghton College possible graduate Kim who met her husband while applying for a waitress job I would say they are professional sports executive geniuses compared to her.

Each of those Owners you listed are Captains of Industry.

With all due respect to Mrs. Pegula, she could not captain a row boat.

Let’s be honest about how she became President of both the Sabres and Bills.

I will continue to pray for Kim’s health however she was waaaaaaay out of her league.

Captains of Industry? Heh.

The point I was leading to: Johnson, Davis, Tepper, Haslam are all running teams that are Class A Clown Shows. They are running their teams into the dirt.

You call them qualified, and Kim unqualified? Thanks for the Saturday morning funnies.

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, boater said:

Captains of Industry? Heh.

The point I was leading to: Johnson, Davis, Tepper, Haslam are all running teams that are Class A Clown Shows. They are running their teams into the dirt.

You call them qualified, and Kim unqualified? Thanks for the Saturday morning funnies.

Would you like me to compare their resumes with Kim Pegulas BEFORE they bought their teams?

I can do that if you like but the Homers here will see it as me beating up on a relatively uneducated, inexperienced and now possibly very ill woman.

I prefer you just trust me on this one.

I am here for your entertainment.

'

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.