AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

45 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Am I right in saying that if Chiefs beat bengals in Week 17, then the Bills win all three games they are in ?

Colts and Texans still play each other 

Denver can still get in over us if we both end up 10-7.  As can Bengals.  Need for both those teams to lose twice.

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We need the chiefs so badly, just in case Miami doesn’t lose until we play them.

we need them against the Bengals.

the colts could run the table, and the Bengals could, too, if they upend a chiefs’ team they are pretty good at upending.

crazy…I don’t want it to be the case, but for the first time I am considering that 11-6 may not get us in.

Or the Dolphins could go 0-3 and we win the division 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Denver can still get in over us if we both end up 10-7.  As can Bengals.  Need for both those teams to lose twice.

Denver cannot catch us if we win out. We will be 11-6 and they would be 10-7 at best.  Would be irrelevant because if we win out we are wining the AFC East.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Denver cannot catch us if we win out. We will be 11-6 and they would be 10-7 at best.  Would be irrelevant because if we win out we are wining the AFC East.

I said if we don't win out and finish 10-7.  Please read my entire post.   That's why we need to win out.

Todays win makes those bad losses feel even worse. If we had just one of those 4 bad losses (broncos, pats, eagles, jets) go the other way, we wouldn't be in what feels like a dire win or die situation.

The best option is to win out, which I thoroughly believe the can do. However, what is the playoff % likelyhood if going 2-1 down the stretch? 

Browns and Texans did us know favors today…

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Do we want JAX or BAL tonight ? 

I was thinking JAX. Don’t want a scenario where jags are in WC with H2H over us… plus a ravens loss keeps them needing to push towards earning the 1 seed…they play the Steelers week 18 and don’t want them resting starters 

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Baltimore 

Reasoning? 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was thinking JAX. Don’t want a scenario where jags are in WC with H2H over us… plus a ravens loss keeps them needing to push towards earning the 1 seed…they play the Steelers week 18 and don’t want them resting starters 

Reasoning? 

Can we still get the # 1 seed ?

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

Or the Dolphins could go 0-3 and we win the division 

Agreed, but I referenced the Dolphins first in my post. If they go 2-0 (granted, that’s tough) the East is there’s.   Heck, even they just go 1-2 with a loss to us does it to give us the division.

Bills/Miami is coming close to almost being assured to be flexed. 

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was thinking JAX. Don’t want a scenario where jags are in WC with H2H over us… plus a ravens loss keeps them needing to push towards earning the 1 seed…they play bengals week 18 and don’t want them resting starters 

For different reasons I want Jax to win...because I want the Ravens to lose.  If they lose tonight, then they are still trying to win home field advantage for the playoffs....so that means they will be trying to win 100% against the Fins in two weeks.  I want the Fins to lose every game they have left this season.

17 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Do we want JAX or BAL tonight ? 

Baltimore.  Part of the crazy nonsense that all has to happen to keep us at 11 wins is the jags winning 3 or more games lol

And  another part is Baltimore winning only 1

10 minutes ago, Putin said:

I believe AFCE will come down to the Bills @ dolphins  

Hard to see how it doesn’t at this point 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.