Elliot - Best Clutch FG Ever?

st pete gogolak

56 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

I've been screaming for Bills DBs to do this on passes all season and of course one of the few times they execute a knockdown on a pass perfectly, it actually works against them. Then McD helps out with a TO. 

Yeah if only Hyde could have swatted the one in the end zone earlier...

7 hours ago, Simon said:

The inner life of a Bills fan:

I figured there was about a 5-10% chance of anybody hitting that kick in those conditions.

I had no doubt in my mind that he was going to make it.

You forgot about the option of he missed it but the Bills had a penalty....that was definitely in play there too

• Like (+1) 1

This amazing clutch FG with the end of game on the line, the weather, the distance, etc..  it couldn’t come against Dallas or SF huh?!? it had to come against a team they play once every 4 years or whatever. sheesh.  As a fanbase and team,  we cannot get a break to save our lives.

My personal favorite is Steve Christie hitting a 41 yarder, down 2 points, at the end of regulation, in the sleet, vs Tennessee in the playoffs. Unfortunately, you know what came on the ensuing kickoff so it’s completely washed away by history.

Incidentally, it seems appropriate today to remember that on that play Dehaven wanted the Bills to run another play so that they could kick the FG with the last snap of the game but was overruled by Wade Phillips in another dubious HC game management decision. So, this kind of crap is not unique to McDermott.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.