Giant elephant in room. Beane

<bills4life>

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Von Miller was a good signing until age set in.  Drafts have been ok. Kincaid with a tough game today imo. Not a difference maker today. 

The money and term matter though. We knew his age. He wasn’t some Latin baseball player who lied about how old he was. We all knew it was risk with the guarantees

• Agree 1

Just now, Bagwell358 said:

The money and term matter though. We knew his age. He wasn’t some Latin baseball player who lied about how old he was. We all knew it was risk with the guarantees

True and that’s why it was a good signing until the wheels fell off. Don’t blink. There’s always 2024.

41 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

Beane is an enigma. Some claim he is a wizard. Others say he has missed out a lot on early round draft picks, has bad contracts, and now has aging and oft injured players on defense.  I’m curious to see what others think. What say you?

I like Beane but don't love Beane. I gave him a B on that other thread. He was hired by the alpha male McD. So in some regards his draft selections are strongly influenced by McD.  I would have no problem keeping him for another year as long as McD is gone.  Find better scouts for future offensive picks. McDermott bought all the groceries and they've become stale.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

Beane is an enigma. Some claim he is a wizard. Others say he has missed out a lot on early round draft picks, has bad contracts, and now has aging and oft injured players on defense.  I’m curious to see what others think. What say you?

All of the things you referenced is true , but at the same time, starting new with a different GM and HC is tricky. Sometimes it takes a year to flush out bad contracts and unproductive cap eaters. Also his last draft  was good with Kincaid, a solid starting guard and adding Douglas and Joseph at the deadline. The Pegulas problem attribute the teams success to him so he probably stays.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I like Beane but don't love Beane. I gave him a B on that other thread. He was hired by the alpha male McD. So in some regards his draft selections are strongly influenced by McD.  I would have no problem keeping him for another year as long as McD is gone.  Find better scouts for future offensive picks. McDermott bought all the groceries and they've become stale.

You don't need better scouts. The braintrust needs to make offense the priority.

9 minutes ago, MPT said:

So you're down on Dawkins, Brown, Oliver, Rousseau, and Epenesa? All of whom are having the best, or one of the best, years of their careers right now? 

Well. Let’s see. Brown was the whipping boy the past 2 seasons. Now all the sudden he’s having a career year. Dawkins proved tonight that he sucks. I’m actually shocked he was only called for 2 penalties. Rousseau is fine. And on a rookie contract. Did anyone else notice how he was pulled out at times in favor of the invisible Von. Probably because McDoofus felt he needed to change up the rotation despite Rousseau having possibly his best game of the year or maybe career. Epenesa is also fine. However he is also done as a Bill because they will not have the money to resign him. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That’s the point.  If he thinks he can still play

Which I’m sure he does. Does Von strike you as the kind of person give up? If so, then I guess I’m done with the conversation because I absolutely think he tries to play until he’s 40 

48 minutes ago, Bagwell358 said:

He’s been bad. Really bad.

cap situation is a disaster, multiple day two picks are wasted and we are left with aging players at positions now costing us games.

he hit on Allen, made a nice trade for 14. 

what else?

I see several X marks, and they are in denial.  He hasn't hit on much as GM, missed on more than he has hit on.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Go and see where cook is in the leading rusher yards for the NFL

Go and watch the last play of the first drive. 

9 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I see several X marks, and they are in denial.  He hasn't hit on much as GM, missed on more than he has hit on.

It’s the same nerds who call him “big baller beane” and say git er done BBB when we hit free agency or trade deadline.

the fact is all the draft pick misses have caught up to us. This year.

5 minutes ago, stinky finger said:

I'll repeat: Cook is fine.

Goalposts remain.

Yes please do.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

Sometimes I join this board after a tough loss as a confirmation that while I may be sad, at least I’m not as stupid as some others….

Beane is a top 5 GM in this league.  Happy to go into all of the details as to why

That sure is a lot of praise for a franchise that has went to exactly one afc championship with the best qb our franchise has ever seen.  This franchise has won nothing since he has been here. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.