11/26/23 Week #12 GAMEDAY Bills at Eagles Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Buffalo is not beating KC unless our offense shows it has returned today. Allen will be under distress all day long. 

Maxx Crosby is the only pass rusher Raiders have and he is out today. 

These kind of comments are the worst.  Maybe not THE worst, but d** close.  

“if we have a bad game vs team A, then we can’t beat team B”.  It’s as if you don’t know that you’re talking about NFL games.  It’s not a computer.  There is no science to it.  Any.  Given.  Sunday.  Pal.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

These kind of comments are the worst.  Maybe not THE worst, but d** close.  

“if we have a bad game vs team A, then we can’t beat team B”.  It’s as if you don’t know that you’re talking about NFL games.  It’s not a computer.  There is no science to it.  Any.  Given.  Sunday.  Pal.  

There are two scenarios here, based on that logic:

Bills beat Jets Jets beat Eagles Bills beat Eagles

Jets beat Bills Jets beat Eagles... (Bills or Eagles?)

19 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Temps in the mid 40s and 90% chance of rain from 4-7pm…..probably not gonna be a big passing day, but I guess we’ll see. Go Bills!

Oh, that's not good. We'd have to rely on Cook/Murray against the league's number 1 rushing defense.

National Weather Service "Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible." That's a nothing burger weather wise. Let's hope they're right.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

The offensive line has been very good.  If they continue to stay with running the ball Allen should be fine and have enough time to operate in the pocket.  obviously blocking chris jones becomes the key element.

yea it stinks that crosby is out but I still think this raiders team can hang in there for a little bit if they do not give the ball up early.  I guess I am just being hopeful all these afc teams lose today.

Raiders are going to get boat-raced.

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What teams we should pull for today and why.

https://x.com/uberhansen/status/1728740335873089915?s=61

haha, the three Thanksgiving games and the Black Friday game have already gone counter to the Bills’ interests. 😫

39 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Today is the Bills version of Custer's last stand. Unfortunately I think it's going to end

about the same. Looking forward to some big changes for next year.

wait… are we George Custer in this analogy???  Or the Native Americans?  

Looking for some numbers to hang my hat on:

1. Since the beginning of of the 2022 season (over 1400 games), the team that had the higher passer rating in a game won 80% of the games (aside, pass and stop the pass being the key to winning in the NFL)
  2. In 2023 The Bills have had five games where the other team had a higher passer rating.  The Bills lost all five of these games. 
  3. In 2023 The Eagles have also had five games where the other team had a higher passer rating. The Eagles won four of these games. 

One possible conclusion.  The Eagles are very good at overcoming a weak passing/pass defense game. And the Bills are very bad at that.  I reject this conclusion for game day. 

Alternative conclusion.  The Bills should really be 7-4 and have had poor luck, and the Eagles really should be 6-4, and the Eagles have just been super lucky. Further today will see the regression towards the mean of this luck factor, and the Bills will win the game in a blowout.  :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

What teams we should pull for today and why.

https://x.com/uberhansen/status/1728740335873089915?s=61

I have multiple ML parlays going today that consist of a mix of Eagles, Texans, Steelers and Broncos winning. We can be assured at least one of these four teams will lose. 

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I think another record may fall today re: #17

https://x.com/uberhansen/status/1728799317274644773?s=61

I don't have a stat head subscription anymore so I can't be 100% certain but I am close to certain that Allen already holds the record for consecutive 40+ TD seasons at 3. He's on pace for this 4th this year as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Unforgiven said:

Today is the Bills version of Custer's last stand. Unfortunately I think it's going to end

about the same. Looking forward to some big changes for next year.

Which side are we on??

17 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I think it just comes down to the trenches like most games. If we can hold our own on both lines, there’s a very good chance we win. If we get dominated on either one it’s going to be a very long day. 

Our front 4, whoever they are at any point, have to get pressure. I know that’s a constant in every game but Hurts did diabolical in KC when under it. Force them to play ugly in multiple games back to back and I definitely don’t think they come out with the win. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.