NFL Playoff Simulator

Lost

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

They're doing it with Jim Schwartz' defense.  We know firsthand how good they are.

Wait til year 2 when teams figure out how to expose and attack it...his defense goes down the tubes like Greg Roman's offense does as time goes on. We have also seen that firsthand multiple times in both cases with multiple teams now.

Edited by Big Turk

25 minutes ago, boyst said:

Everyone hates Dallas and the world would be happy. 

Could have fooled me, I live in the sticks of VA and there are Dallas fans everywhere!  Like we live in Texas or something.  When I drive at night I don't worry about hitting the overpopulated deer, I worry about hitting the overpopulated Cowboy fans!  Listen, I'm not advocating for parents to raise their kids being a Bills fan, but geesh,  raising a non Texan Cowboy fan is just bad parenting and should warrant an investigation from CPS!  A very sad example just quick off the top of my head, a sad example, but I lost a close friend Friday, he was a Cowboy fan!  Never been to Texas!  My best friend who I lost 12 years ago...A Cowboy fan!  Never been to Dallas!  And before you tell me I need better friends, the whole town is like that! And to add a bit more sadness to the story, I'm only 43, they died at 43, and 33

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

34 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The Browns have beaten both the Niners and Ravens, and two of their three losses are to teams that are currently 6-4, presently seeded, and they lost both those games by 4 points.  

That's a little different than the Jets.  

Not sure how they're doing it, but those are the facts.  

The Browns are now starting their 3rd string QB. So while those games did happen, I don't think they're all that relevant to future performance.  Dorian Thompson Robinson's first start was against the Ravens and they lost 28-3.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The Browns are now starting their 3rd string QB. So while those games did happen, I don't think they're all that relevant to future performance.  Dorian Thompson Robinson's first start was against the Ravens and they lost 28-3.

They also play 3 teams with just as bad offenses. They play the Jets, Bengals without Burrow and Bears. That defense allow will keep them in most games. 

I just don't see how all the teams in front of Buffalo fall off and Buffalo all of a sudden playing as the best team in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

playoff.thumb.jpg.5eee7537b05133a9f568045e16ac446a.jpg

We have to beat either Philly or KC and win out to get in. Just picking favorites for the other teams leaves us on the outside looking in. 
This is losing both games to Phi and KC and winning out. We don't get in.

just picking favorites for the others is a fools errand. If they are a 60-40 favorite in 5 games, you’d expect a couple losses potentially, not 5-0 as an example 

11 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

They also play 3 teams with just as bad offenses. They play the Jets, Bengals without Burrow and Bears. That defense allow will keep them in most games. 

I just don't see how all the teams in front of Buffalo fall off and Buffalo all of a sudden playing as the best team in the league. 

I agree, if you look at everything combined that needs to happen for the Bills to make the playoffs, it's hard for me to see the same things that some of the always optimist people are trying to say.  It just does not look good this year with our current record, the remaining schedule and other teams ahead of us schedule

This is a fun way to pass a little time. I had the Bills lose one more game between either Philly or Dallas and I picked us to beat KC. The season came down to week 18 against the Dolphins. Picked us to beat Miami in Miami giving us the Division for the 4th year in a row and the #4 seed. It also knocks Miami out of the Playoffs entirely, having them lose the last 3 weeks of the year to Dallas, Baltimore, and then Buffalo in week 18. It would be a bitter pill to swallow for Dolphins fans. 

image.png.ac162d33b81182f63f05e320876f33b5.png

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Could have fooled me, I live in the sticks of VA and there are Dallas fans everywhere!  Like we live in Texas or something.  When I drive at night I don't worry about hitting the overpopulated deer, I worry about hitting the overpopulated Cowboy fans!  Listen, I'm not advocating for parents to raise their kids being a Bills fan, but geesh,  raising a non Texan Cowboy fan is just bad parenting and should warrant an investigation from CPS!  A very sad example just quick off the top of my head, a sad example, but I lost a close friend Friday, he was a Cowboy fan!  Never been to Texas!  My best friend who I lost 12 years ago...A Cowboy fan!  Never been to Dallas!  And before you tell me I need better friends, the whole town is like that! And to add a bit more sadness to the story, I'm only 43, they died at 43, and 33

Sorry to hear they died in the aftermath of Quincy Carter. 

Let's fantasize a bit.  Let's say we outgain Philly 400 to 240 yards and win 33 - 17.  

Obviously, getting that win improves our odds.  But it would also tell a compelling story that our offense is back on track with Joe as the OC and our defense, banged up as it is, can handle good offenses.  

If we beat the Eagles convincingly, my optimism will double.  

But if we lose, I'll cry tears of hopelessness in my plate of Buffalo wings.  

1 hour ago, boyst said:

McDermott could be approaching Wayne fontes level if we make the playoffs. Id rather lose out but beat Dallas than make the playoffs and get smoked in the Superbowl 

Wayne Fonts ... LOL  

Yeah, that'd be bad, but that seems to be a good comp.  

Why Dallas?  

51 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

They're doing it with Jim Schwartz' defense.  We know firsthand how good they are.

They've beaten much better teams than we have or than the Jets have.  

People can spint it any way they want to.  

9 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Wayne Fonts ... LOL  

Yeah, that'd be bad, but that seems to be a good comp.  

Why Dallas?  

They've beaten much better teams than we have or than the Jets have.  

People can spint it any way they want to.  

Everyone hates Dallas. Or loves Dallas. I hate Dallas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jrb1979 said:

I don't hate them but I don't like them either. The only team I don't like is the Steelers and that's due to their obnoxious fanbase 

They truly are a horrible fanbase. 

They think they're going to be the '99 Rams now that Canada got fired. They also think the NFL began in 1972. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.