Texans

AFCN:

Ravens

Browns or Steelers

AFCW:

Chiefs

AFCE:

Dolphins

Texans could certainly fall off, but they have a relatively easy schedule.

Leaves one spot for Bills, Jets, Broncos, Chargers or a 3rd AFCN team. 

Our odds are around 20% chance of making the playoffs before the game today.  Not likely to happen

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Our odds are around 20% chance of making the playoffs before the game today.  Not likely to happen

A lot changes if we win today. 

The teams we’re competing with aren’t very good.   Our issue is our schedule. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

The bills are not in playoff contention. They have five conference losses, they're done, and were done after last week.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Lions are the most fun team in the league. They have so many different ways they can win games.

Lions could get home field. But honestly, i don’t think in the playoffs they would have much of a home field advantage there. Most teams would prefer to play indoors than freezing Detroit.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

The bills are not in playoff contention. They have five conference losses, they're done, and were done after last week.

I understand this is a defense mechanism to act like this for certain fans, but tell me who you believe gets the last playoff spot…

2 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yup and we blew the easy part of our schedule that we needed to feast on. 

We could make it but it doesn’t look great. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I think 20% chance is fair. I wouldn't call that "done". I would call that a long shot though. Tie breakers won't come into play if we can get to 10-7. There won't be 3 AFC teams in the wild card that are 10-7.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Maybe he want's to play a season where his QB has more than two games where he doesn't turn the ball over.

That's sort of my point. No coaches want turnovers, obviously, but to McDermott and his type they're poison. To another coach, they're a setback but part of the deal for a dynamic, high-reward game. That's Allen's game; he'll give you a ratio of three touchdowns to one turnover. McDermott would prefer one touchdown and no turnovers so his defense can go to work. Just different philosophies. But it's McDermott who has to adapt, not Allen. I don't think he will. He keeps talking about "complementary football." That means ball control, again, not Allen's game. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.