Browns hosting QB Joe Flacco for workout

BillsFan619

44 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

have you seen more than 2?

His ability to remain calm and cool in high pressure situations is all time.

He had New England beat in 2012, only to see his elite clutch play ruined by Evans and Cundiff.  Came back the following year, in New England again, and beat them down worse.  

He achieved something that Peyton and Roethlisberger never could... or any other QB, not named Eli for that matter. 

21 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I mean, he looked pretty rough the last few years. I’m not surprised he’s playing well, the Browns are stacked and Stefanski is a good coach. But if he had been ineffective, I don’t think anyone would have been surprised 

I didn't mean it as a criticism.  I wasn't expecting a whole lot of Flacco either.  A lot of us were wrong.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 2:34 PM, FilthyBeast said:

There's next to zero chance this is happening.

And I predict for all the hype around the Browns and Flacco they are one and done in the playoffs going to Houston or Jacksonville. Yes they beat both those teams in recent weeks but the Jaguars game was in Cleveland amid their current free fall with Laurence being hurt and they barely won. Also they won in Houston against Case Keenam with Stroud out. With Stroud back they'll easily beat the Browns at home if that matchup materializes.

Nice call bro 👍

Flacco had to play like that today. It's the law of averages. You either believed he was now all of a sudden the best QB in the NFL or he was due a bad game. Same for Stroud. He is either the best rookie QB in NFL history and better than Patrick Mahomes was early on or he is due a bad game. Or maybe he is!

Is CJ Stroud destined to be the greatest QB of all time?

Ya know... I have a hard time getting back to form on Mondays after a 2 day weekend. My job is behind a desk and nothing like football, I'm 42, he's 56

I can't imagine taking a few years off and coming right back in at 73 years old like he did.

No one expected them to get this far and him to have so much fun doing it. I'm glad he could contribute so much for the community being over 85.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, boyst said:

Ya know... I have a hard time getting back to form on Mondays after a 2 day weekend. My job is behind a desk and nothing like football, I'm 42, he's 56

I can't imagine taking a few years off and coming right back in at 73 years old like he did.

No one expected them to get this far and him to have so much fun doing it. I'm glad he could contribute so much for the community being over 85.

Agreed.  We salute you, Joe Flacco!

image.jpeg.0d969badf527abb3297f31dea31c8729.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

I like he performed better than the multi million exposer.

No-Need-4-Penis-small.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was a fun ride. Flacco has always been kind of a surly disagreeable guy, at least publicly, but he seemed to actually be enjoying this last waltz, at least in a Joe Flacco kind of way. A nice ending. Now know when to walk away for good.

He could literally translate his success this season into yet another kick at the can next year. He was better off the couch than a few of the starting Qbs this season!

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

He could literally translate his success this season into yet another kick at the can next year. He was better off the couch than a few of the starting Qbs this season!

Jets are calling….

On 1/13/2024 at 10:18 PM, strive_for_five_guy said:

Nice call bro 👍

Thanks man. Still not sure what all these pundits saw in the Browns other than beating up a bunch of bad teams down the stretch. Said all along that they lost to only real team they played during Flacco's stretch (RAMS) and a rematch against the Texans with Stroud back would be a big mismatch for them. Didn't think they'd lose as bad as they did though but wheels came off quickly after the 2nd Flacco pick 6.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.