TNF: Bengals vs Ravens - Who are we rooting for?

Einstein

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Going to be real frustrating if Burrow misses time, Bengals miss the playoffs, they simply replace Higgins with someone like Keon Coleman given their high draft pick while we use ours on a Safety …. And we don’t make the playoffs either to take advantage of not having to face Burrow in January. 

AFC is such a mess right now, and we really need to get it together. 

we must trade up for a top WR like Coleman.  Having a WR like that on a rookie contract is how you win when you have a franchise QB on a franchise QB contract.  You need the top weapons around him.  I'd trade our 2nd and 1st to move up in the 1st to grab someone like that.  It's a player who can be a #1 when Diggs leaves, and is a fantastic #2 here in the meantime.  

• Like (+1) 1

Well so much for the Bengals making their usual 2nd half run because if Burrow has a long term injury their season is pretty much now over.

Also sucks for the Ravens losing one of their big pieces and top 5 NFL TE for the season.

Meanwhile in KC the Chiefs continue to remain unscathed with any serious injuries and their path to another Lombardi becomes even easier, not that there was every any doubt to begin with.

28 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we must trade up for a top WR like Coleman.  Having a WR like that on a rookie contract is how you win when you have a franchise QB on a franchise QB contract.  You need the top weapons around him.  I'd trade our 2nd and 1st to move up in the 1st to grab someone like that.  It's a player who can be a #1 when Diggs leaves, and is a fantastic #2 here in the meantime.  

Trade that towards Kupp and Renfrow

11 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lamar gets a lot of hate because he has never shown up for a playoff game…he could certainly change the narrative this year.  As it stands I can’t really think of a more extreme example of playoff vs regular season performance mismatch 

Peyton manning first 3 playoff starts?

36 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Coleman is still pretty raw and he’s amazing. The deep balls Allen could throw to him would transform this offense. We really are kinda of a slow offense. No real legit depth threats (Davis is our best one and he runs a 4.6).

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I have been saying that for awhile lol they were one of the most overhyped teams I’ve ever seen this year…people were giving an obviously flawed team the benefit of the doubt because they started slow and turned it around the previous year.  Before you even get to burrow injury concerns they are in about as much trouble as us or more 

their offensive coaching is just as bad as ours they have just been able to band aid it by getting an extra early pick due to them bottoming out when burrow got hurt a few years ago 

I mean they just smoked us and the 49ers. They lost on the road to an 8-3 team and lost their qb in the first half. Not quite the same as losing to the Broncos at home. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He choked away the game against the Browns and if Burrow doesn’t get hurt he loses last night as well.  Jackson just seems to play just well enough to lose against good to great teams. 

This is flat out wrong. He’s best Cincy twice, smoked Detroit, beat Houston, and smoked Seattle. It’s weird how people just outright lie about Jackson. He is also 8-1 against the bengals and they were winning when Burrow was hurt. But it’s obvious they were going to lose. 

I mean Lamar is no Mac Jones but it’s BS to just make up lies to try to make a point. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is flat out wrong. He’s best Cincy twice, smoked Detroit, beat Houston, and smoked Seattle. It’s weird how people just outright lie about Jackson. He is also 8-1 against the bengals and they were winning when Burrow was hurt. But it’s obvious they were going to lose. 

I mean Lamar is no Mac Jones but it’s BS to just make up lies to try to make a point. 

Detroit is an up and coming team, they haven’t learned how to win yet. HOUSTON! That was game 2 and not the team they are now I’d take the Texans in a playoff game. Cincy lost by 3 once, but come on last night no Burrow, Higgins or Chase but that’s a statement win! (Face palm)  LOOK who they have beaten then who they lost to. They will make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round assuming Lamar isn’t out injured before then. 

Lamar is the most over rated QB since Brett “I just threw another pick” Farve. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Detroit is an up and coming team, they haven’t learned how to win yet. HOUSTON! That was game 2 and not the team they are now I’d take the Texans in a playoff game. Cincy lost by 3 once, but come on last night no Burrow, Higgins or Chase but that’s a statement win! (Face palm)  LOOK who they have beaten then who they lost to. They will make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round assuming Lamar isn’t out injured before then. 

Lamar is the most over rated QB since Brett “I just threw another pick” Farve. 

Another every thing Lamar does good doesn’t count!!!! Very factual and realistic! 

let’s do this one 

the first pats sb doesn’t count because of the tuck rule

the second in does count because of deflategate 

another doesn’t count because of spygate

Another doesn’t count because one of their players shouldn’t have played because he murdered people 

another doesn’t count because the Falcons smoked meth in the lockerroom at halftime. 

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Another every thing Lamar does good doesn’t count!!!! Very factual and realistic! 

let’s do this one 

the first pats sb doesn’t count because of the tuck rule

the second in does count because of deflategate 

another doesn’t count because of spygate

Another doesn’t count because one of their players shouldn’t have played because he murdered people 

another doesn’t count because the Falcons smoked meth in the lockerroom at halftime. 

Someone loves him some Jackson! Sorry I h it a nerve but IMO he is vastly over rated and can’t win the big games. I wouldn’t want him as my QB, and I have Mac Jones so that’s how little I think of Jackson. 

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Someone loves him some Jackson! Sorry I h it a nerve but IMO he is vastly over rated and can’t win the big games. I wouldn’t want him as my QB, and I have Mac Jones so that’s how little I think of Jackson. 

Well that’s flat out idiotic. This same Pats team would be in the playoff hunt with Lamar. 

also, what is the big games things? You need to win a bunch of big games to even make the playoffs? The Bills beating the Bengals would have been a really big game for us. Are you saying if a qb doesn’t win a SB, they have no value? Because that’s really, really dumb.

3 hours ago, mannc said:

I just don’t understand football fans complaining about the fact that there is football on TV on a night when there didn’t used to be any.

Since the early 1990s there was college football on Thursday & still is.While it usually wasn't a marquee matchup, it's still football, and I watched. The smaller conferences like the MAC even play on Tuesdays & Wednesdays now.

Goodell, Jerry Jones, Kraft, Kroenke...these guys pushed for it & got it. If you can't see it's not Sunday quality NFL football then I'm sorry. Yeah, there are lemons on Sunday as well, but I think you know what I mean. 

Just because every NFL team has to play a Thursday game in the name of "competitive balance" doesn't mean it's a good idea.

41 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Since the early 1990s there was college football on Thursday & still is.While it usually wasn't a marquee matchup, it's still football, and I watched. The smaller conferences like the MAC even play on Tuesdays & Wednesdays now.

Goodell, Jerry Jones, Kraft, Kroenke...these guys pushed for it & got it. If you can't see it's not Sunday quality NFL football then I'm sorry. Yeah, there are lemons on Sunday as well, but I think you know what I mean. 

Just because every NFL team has to play a Thursday game in the name of "competitive balance" doesn't mean it's a good idea.

There is absolutely no evidence to support this statement.  Plenty of Sunday and Monday games are duds too.  No reason to believe that Thursday night games are any better or worse.  And at any rate, what are your criteria for determining whether a game is good or bad, other than the obvious criteria that non-competitive blowouts suck?  

There are only so many games you can watch on any given Sunday.  Moving one of those many games to Thursday night is a win-win.  No downside whatsoever.  

22 minutes ago, mannc said:

There is absolutely no evidence to support this statement.  Plenty of Sunday and Monday games are duds too.  No reason to believe that Thursday night games are any better or worse.  And at any rate, what are your criteria for determining whether a game is good or bad, other than the obvious criteria that non-competitive blowouts suck?  

There are only so many games you can watch on any given Sunday.  Moving one of those many games to Thursday night is a win-win.  No downside whatsoever.  

We will agree to disagree. 

On 11/16/2023 at 1:23 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

If you're on team: What's best for the Bills playoff odds-Ravens.

If you're wanting the wheels to fall off because you're a sad miserable little t-waffle that likes it better when the Bills suck because it makes your little insecurities feel better and helps your erectile dysfunction -Bengals

Pretty clear.

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by UFC

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.