is there a HC out there worth going after?

dbfla10

17 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

This roster is about to change in big ways.

The Bills will still have Josh Allen… maybe that’s enough?

Yep, if there’s a new head coach, there shouldn’t be any ties to Poyer and Hyde so it would be time to get younger there. As much as I and most would like to see a 1st round WR, they may want to look at the safeties available.  As good as the defense has been, they lack speed.  You need to have some guys that, if they get into the backfield on a pass rush, can actually get the QB down instead of just chasing him around the field as he runs for a 1st down on 3rd and long, like Wilson did several times.  Or, if a runner or receiver breaks free, have someone who has a chance to run him down. 

With Josh’s new contract starting next season, I also expect some head chopping in order to field a competitive team. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

After some serious thought into the matter of Beane, (McDermott should be gone after missing playoffs) Beane should probably get another shot with an Offensive HC.  Beane had done some really dumb thong, bit he did construct a successful roster including Allen.  He has made terrible picks and fa acquisitions, but maybe all those defense picks, fa's never happen with a offensive coach, or they actually use the talent acquired.  Im willing to give Beane another chance, he is not losing games on the field with the current roster, the coaches are

Yeah, I'm probably only keeping Beane around long enough to select a quality offensive HC....Hopefully he doesn't Elam that job....then he's gone in 2025.

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Daboll is extremely cold product..........he is proving just how bad he can be as a HC in NYG.   The floor is the basement with that guy at the helm and it would be highly, and unnecessarily risky for an organization like the Bills to settle for that level of coach when you have a QB in his prime. 

I don't disagree but would Daboll be worse than McDermott?

20 hours ago, Lost said:

Not for HC but RGIII proposed this idea on twitter 

Orlovsky later admitted on Pat McAffee show that he is open to the idea of being an OC.   Honestly I'd be all for giving the guy a shot.   His video analysis is pretty good.   

I'm also interest in Ben Johnson or Bobby Slowik.

Also said  not now because his kids are young.

21 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Ben Johnson 

yeah, he or Bienemy would be the logical candidates.  Bienemy will be free to change as the entire Redskins staff will be flushed by the new owner at season end.  Johnson will be extremely popular and can name his spot/ will be wildly expensive.  

Of course this would have the team completely starting over from scheme / roster rebuild to fit the scheme standpoint, but silly fans don't seem to get that part.  

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I don't disagree but would Daboll be worse than McDermott?

Yeah he runs a loose ship and then throws players under the bus (when they unsurprisingly look under-coached) with his antics on the sideline.........that's how you end up with seasons like the Giants are having now.   I've used the Sam Wyche comparison.......except in the 2020's life comes at you faster as an NFL HC so the highs will be shorter.     Even if his starting QB had remained healthy he'd be losing all of these games.   The QB injuries are actually providing him some cover.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

So many people crap on Jim, but look what he did with Kaepernick. Allen is infinitely better than he ever was. 

Why? All he has ever done was overperform. I mean he made Kaep serviceable. 

His ego wouldn't fit in the stadium.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.