DORSEY FIRED, Joe Brady Interim OC

Process

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Do you watch the games? We can't make a yard on a vital 3rd and 1. We gave to throw from the shotgun.  Brown and Morse are pushed on top of JA half the time. Yes this is the best OL JA has had but it's far from good enough. Try again.

The oline is not the issue.  Most of the blame is poor scheme, poor qb play and decision making, as well as penalties, turnovers, ***** special teams, poor coaching, injuries, and a mental midget at QB.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd suggest you don't watch the Bills anymore then.  Allen isn't going anywhere and on the verge of sounding rude I'm not sure you have a very strong grasp of the game anyways.

Love when the board thinks they’re smart. Hope you realize that only about 3 percent actually are. The rest of US are just raving, lunatic fans. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

The oline is not the issue.  Most of the blame is poor scheme, poor qb play and decision making, as well as penalties, turnovers, ***** special teams, poor coaching, injuries, and a mental midget at QB.

The line has had a few games where they really struggled in pass protection. This is actually a remarkable improvement from last year where they struggled in pass protection every game.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Dablitzkrieg said:

This OL is below average at best. RT is going to get Josh killed. Good DLines push us around. Great teams have great OLs. Not us.

• Agree 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

The line has had a few games where they really struggled in pass protection. This is actually a remarkable improvement from last year where they struggled in pass protection every game.

BUT… 

You’re right. And Allen is worse than ever in the “Allen is Great Era”. 

To the people complaining about Allen,

You're never going to see a better QB in your lifetime. Gain some perspective. He's 27. He needs a mentor to help him manage the weight of the expectations and also how to manage the game, like a Manning, or Brady.  Sometimes the three-yard completion is the one that helps you to win the game. He's got all the mental and physical attributes. He's a once-in-a lifetime talent. 

Do you want to chase a HoF QB out of town? He will go to another team and win multiple SBs, guaranteed.  Gain some objectivity, people. Don't think with your emotions. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

This OL is below average at best. RT is going to get Josh killed. Good DLines push us around. Great teams have great OLs. Not us.

You don't get it.  Keep deflecting away from Allen who is much more of a problem than the oline

1 minute ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

To the people complaining about Allen,

You're never going to see a better QB in your lifetime. Gain some perspective. He's 27. He needs a mentor to help him manage the weight of the expectations and also how to manage the game, like a Manning, or Brady.  Sometimes the three-yard completion is the one that helps you to win the game. He's got all the mental and physical attributes. He's a once-in-a lifetime talent. 

Do you want to chase a HoF QB out of town? He will go to another team and win multiple SBs, guaranteed.  Gain some objectivity, people. Don't think with your emotions. 

I watch better QBs every week than Allen.  He's not a God and there will be better in the future.  He's mentally gone.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You don't get it.  Keep deflecting away from Allen who is much more of a problem than the oline

I watch better QBs every week than Allen.  He's not a God and there will be better in the future.  He's mentally gone.  

Yeah, that's why pretty much every former QB analyst in the media thinks Allen is one of the most gifted athletes on the planet.

I'll trust Brady's opinion over yours . . . You're either a troll, or lack the ability to analyze a situation with objectivity. 

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Yeah, that's why pretty much every former QB analyst in the media thinks Allen is one of the most gifted athletes on the planet.

I'll trust Brady's opinion over yours . . . 

That's fine.  His athleticism is not questionable.  His intelligence is.  As a matter of fact, there are a lot of dumb people at OBD, including the head coach

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

If Brady gets this O to light up the Jets he instantly becomes the hottest OC in the league.

Tough assignment against a defense that is real with a short week.

I suspect Brady will want to spread it out, but I am not sure how well that will work against a team like the Jets who can pressure with 4, and have a solid secondary and LBs.

Up tempo may help our offense get something going but they have to lean into the run and not put it all on Allen, I dont know if he will be up for that challenge. Who knows where his head is at?

Overall, accept that the Jets will get their stops on D. Limit the turnovers and penalties and stop hurting themselves and the team by giving up short fields and points.

Just now, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

I'll trust Brady's opinion over yours . . . 

Yeah but Allen hurt their feelings. Checkmate.

38 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

He’s a front runner. And when he’s down, he acts like someone took his coco crisp.

Literally the opposite actually.

He’s literally lead two game winning drives this year, leaving the field with less than two minutes left in the game and the lead only to have the defense blow it against the Pats and Broncos. 

Trailed the giants for the entire first half and went 2/2 in the second half with consecutive long 8+ minute TD drives. 

Trailed the Jags big most of the game and brought the Bills offense back to within a score late. Trailed by two scores against the Bengals and brought the Bills to within one score against the Bengals. 

He only appears to be a front runner to you because when he is great he is exceptional compared to his peers and the Bills win by 3+ TD’s. But that’s not the norm for most QB’s. Most QB’s have to rely on great defensive efforts to win by one or two scores. When Allen is on and is supported by a great defensive effort the Bills win by 28+

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Guys, Ken Dorsey was a huge problem with the offense as it became too simplistic. Opponents knew what was coming and keyed on that.

Do you guys really think the NY Giants or NE Patriots are THAT good on defense?

HAD...TO...GO! 

Freaking Denver has the 32nd-ranked defense!!

Just now, Nihilarian said:

Guys, Ken Dorsey was a huge problem with the offense as it became too simplistic. Opponents knew what was coming and keyed on that.

HAD...TO...GO! 

My thought, I wonder if Dorsey was gunning for McD's job as HC of the Bills. Either that or he was just plain stupid.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Reality is against the Giants the offense was nearly perfect in the second half. two possessions and two TD’s that ate up over half the time of possession.

They struggled in the first half but had a Gabe Davis fumble and two drives ended by incidental tripping where it looked like easy chain moving competitions were likely. Hard to blame Dorsey for those three things.

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

how is that ranking since the Miami game? They are coming off a game where they didn’t allow a single TD to KC right?

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This year alone Allen made some bad plays early against the Giants, NE and Denver.  And in all three games Allen rebounded to have very productive final stretches where he led the Bills to a win over the Giants and put the Bills in the lead with less then 2 minuets to play against NE & Denver.  So yes Allen has clearly demonstrated just in the last few weeks that he can "come back from bad plays during game's".  What's your next question?

Good points. It felt weird typing it.

In the past, I always felt confident that Allen will make something happen late in games. As recent as Nee England, I was actually thinking.. Good, winning close games like this will make them tougher, and more comfortable in tight spots.

But a combination of things has made that confidence wane big time. I don’t like his body language, I don’t like his ALWAYS sitting by himself on the bench, I don’t like his not running, and I hate the stupid turnovers.

I’m patient. I didn’t jump on his back every time he threw a bad pick. But it is what it is. It’s a year (minus one game vs the Dolphins) and that’s enough time to be very concerned. Bottom line. 

Projecting that I want him traded.. slow down genius posters. Try reading what’s being written. 

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He’s literally lead two game winning drives this year, leaving the field with less than two minutes left in the game and the lead only to have the defense blow it against the Pats and Broncos. 

Trailed the giants for the entire first half and went 2/2 in the second half with consecutive long 8+ minute TD drives. 

Trailed the Jags big most of the game and brought the Bills offense back to within a score late. Trailed by two scores against the Bengals and brought the Bills to within one score against the Bengals. 

He only appears to be a front runner to you because when he is great he is exceptional compared to his peers and the Bills win by 3+ TD’s. But that’s not the norm for most QB’s. Most QB’s have to rely on great defensive efforts to win by one or two scores. When Allen is on and is supported by a great defensive effort the Bills win by 28+

Which game winning drives are you referring to? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

5 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

OK, listen, I’m all for Pegula dumping McD in January unless he somehow miraculously turns this team around this year, and they go to the SB……BUT, these are NFL players, the best football players ON THE PLANET. They’re not Little Loopers, or high schoolers. Other than pro level complicated schemes, plays, and coverages, they should NOT need a lot of coaching for basic skills such as tackling, route running, covering kicks, blocking, and catching passes. Please get real.

Listen, things like turnovers, lack of discipline, constant stupid penalties, etc, ARE a reflection of poor coaching. Period.

No one is giving the players a complete pass, but when it’s THE ENTIRE TEAM looking like crap, constantly making mistakes, and putting up L after L, ignoring the coaching aspect of it is mindblowingly off-base.

Buh bye, Dorsey.

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

You don't get it. Josh needs to own his poor play but that doesn't take this mediocre OL off the hook or Beane's lack of attention to it.

When looking at his interviews/comments etc, he has always owned his poor play each and every time. That's not an issue, owning it only matters if you learn from it. And that's the issue with him more often than it should be

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Reality is against the Giants the offense was nearly perfect in the second half. two possessions and two TD’s that ate up over half the time of possession.

They struggled in the first half but had a Gabe Davis fumble and two drives ended by incidental tripping where it looked like easy chain moving competitions were likely. Hard to blame Dorsey for those three things.

how is that ranking since the Miami game? They are coming off a game where they didn’t allow a single TD to KC right?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2023.htm  CURRENT RANKING

#3 IN YARDS ALLOWED BY ESPN  https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/team/_/view/defense/table/passing/sort/netTotalYards/dir/desc

In that KC game, it was noted that Mahomes was dealing with sickness and played anyway. Besides, the Chiefs have been bailed out by their defense quite a bit this season. 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

When looking at his interviews/comments etc, he has always owned his poor play each and every time. That's not an issue, owning it only matters if you learn from it. And that's the issue with him more often than it should be

He’s robotic. Says what a quarterback is suppose to say. Safely. As you point it, he says one thing and goes out and doesn’t show he’s learned a thing. Time for him to actually mean what he says.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Have you actually watched any of the games?  I'm not saying Allen is better than Mahomes.  I'm saying what you said is pure nonsense.  How is Burrow having this team at 8-2 when he has a better offense and is 5-4 right now?  Mahomes has also had a down season just like Allen is having.  Watch the games, not past results.

I watch all the games. In addition to being a fan I also like to wager on games so it necessitate watching as many games as I can. Not just Bills games. 

How would Mahomes or Burrow could’ve had this team at 8-2 this year? It’s all hypothetical obviously but let’s give it try.

vs Jets. Those two guys would not have chucked up long balls senselessly after Rodgers went down. Win for Bills.

vs NE. Not losing to Mac Jones of all people. Again being careless with the ball. Win for Bills. 

vs Den. At home against a mediocre team. Just make the sensible throws that guys like Peyton and Eli can see from TV yet Allen for some forsaken reason cannot on the field. Win for Bills.

3 losses that should’ve been wins makes it 8-2. 

Yeah Mahomes down season really has his team in a pickle huh. Burrow was injured early on. Looked what happened when he got healthy against Buffalo. 

Look we all know Allen is a great qb. He just isn’t playing that way right now. He’s making stupid mistakes and some fans just don’t want to see it. Stop saying so and so is having a down year too. Who cares. They don’t affect this franchise. Allen does. 

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

I watch all the games. In addition to being a fan I also like to wager on games so it necessitate watching as many games as I can. Not just Bills games. 

How would Mahomes or Burrow could’ve had this team at 8-2 this year? It’s all hypothetical obviously but let’s give it try.

vs Jets. Those two guys would not have chucked up long balls senselessly after Rodgers went down. Win for Bills.

vs NE. Not losing to Mac Jones of all people. Again being careless with the ball. Win for Bills. 

vs Den. At home against a mediocre team. Just make the sensible throws that guys like Peyton and Eli can see from TV yet Allen for some forsaken reason cannot on the field. Win for Bills.

3 losses that should’ve been wins makes it 8-2. 

Yeah Mahomes down season really has his team in a pickle huh. Burrow was injured early on. Looked what happened when he got healthy against Buffalo. 

Look we all know Allen is a great qb. He just isn’t playing that way right now. He’s making stupid mistakes and some fans just don’t want to see it. Stop saying so and so is having a down year too. Who cares. They don’t affect this franchise. Allen does. 

Did you watch the Mahomes game vs the Jets? It was as bad as Allen's game vs the Jets. Did you watch Mahomes game vs the Broncos 2 weeks ago? Again...worse than Allen's game vs the Broncos. You claim to watch other games then come up with the weirdest examples.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

what did you do to get it to embed? Just change the x.com to Twitter.com and then hit enter?

trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong…

I just right click the url copy and paste and it works. I don’t even get the x.com I get twitter.com. Probably doesn’t work like that on mobile. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I cannot white-wash Allen's struggles even though I agree about the late defensive collapses.

The INTs and fumbles and mishandled snaps that have directly lead to points for the other team or put the defense on a short field.

Makes no sense trying to pin the blame on one area in an attempt to absolve another that is also playing inconsistently.

If we point out the times when Allen delivers we should also point out the times when the defense did their job too only to have those efforts squandered.

All phases could be playing better.

1 hour ago, 34-30 said:

Unrelated. Just how the conversations have evolved. Been reading for a long time, decided to join the discussions.

There is plenty of blame to go around. I don't think Allen is the only problem. I think I challenge the notion that he isn't one of them. And by one them..I just mean his current level of play isn't good enough.  You can complete 7 of 10 all day but if 1 of other 3 are consistently caught by the other team, its not getting it done.  Punts win games, INT/fumbles do not.

Most of all, i don't like what I'm seeing in his demeanor. Defeatist. Despair.  He's the leader of the team. Gotta show it at ALL times. He's one of the best QB's in the NFL. He's not playing like it right now. He's not acting like it right now.

sure sure. I totally believe that you’ve been reading for a long time and just decided to join just now. Long time listener first time caller. I’ll hang up and listen. 

14 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Burrow was injured early on. Looked what happened when he got healthy against Buffalo. 

Exactly my point. He still would be injured here too. With a worse offense. Suddenly he is 8-2 though. He was bad because he was injured but being here injured he woulda won 3 more games. 

11 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I cannot white-wash Allen's struggles even though I agree about the late defensive collapses.

The INTs and fumbles and mishandled snaps that have directly lead to points for the other team or put the defense on a short field.

Makes no sense trying to pin the blame on one area in an attempt to absolve another that is also playing inconsistently.

If we point out the times when Allen delivers we should also point out the times when the defense did their job too only to have those efforts squandered.

All phases could be playing better.

I agree but I responded to a poster who specifically said Allen is a front runner and applied  that he turtles up when the Bills are trailing and can’t bring the Bills back. 

The evidence suggests otherwise.  He’s brought the Bills back just fine in a number of games. 

18 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Did you watch the Mahomes game vs the Jets? It was as bad as Allen's game vs the Jets. Did you watch Mahomes game vs the Broncos 2 weeks ago? Again...worse than Allen's game vs the Broncos. You claim to watch other games then come up with the weirdest examples.

Yes I watched both those games. Let’s take a look back at how bad it really was for Mahomes. 

Against the Jets…KC jumped out to a 17-0 lead before Mahomes got uncharacteristically careless with the ball and let the Jets back in the game. However, he was able to make those typical Mahomes plays that got his team a win in the end.

Against the Broncos…a division rival that Mahomes has never lost to prior including a win just two weeks ago. KC has beaten the Broncos 15 straight times! You don’t think the Broncos players wouldn’t put all their heart and soul into getting one over the Chiefs? Even with all that it took Mahomes visibly fighting a flu and Hardman muffing a punt at their 5 yd line for the Broncos to win. Even with the loss KC is still leading the conference. 

That’s why I was so confident in the Bills winning last night. Broncos had their personal SB against their biggest division opponent. They weren’t going to put in the same effort for the Bills. Then, of course, ints fumbles overall incompetence from everyone including Allen to give it to a Broncos team that didn’t even want to win up to the last missed fg. 

How was my recap? Did I missed anything? Have I made up any lies?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.