Dan Orlovsky….. Bills offense is fundamentally broken

The 9 Isles

1 minute ago, The 9 Isles said:

Good breakdown on one of the dumbest plays of the game 

https://x.com/danorlovsky7/status/1724393205796352195?s=46&t=MIbg6oAskv25nrKbLbd_qQ

Dan orlovsky is an absolute moron every time I see him try to analyze a play lol. Kincaid is clearly going to be absolutely wide open presnap…nothing wrong with the playcall 

he’s literally explaining why teams do line up in shotgun on 4th and 1 when he’s trying to say that it’s dumb 😂. It gives you a wider variety of qb runs/rpo opportunities.  A qb run didn’t happen on this particular play but the defense has to respect it.  

josh flubbed this play and the entire game big time 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying here at all. He makes two different points. 

1. He hates when teams put a QB in shotgun on 3rd/4th and short. Especially with having a QB run built into the play. Yes he’s complaining about Dorsey, but he’s complains about it across the league as well

2. “Why put a guy if you’re not going to use the information. Kincaid is your zone route and Josh is looking at the other side of the field”. This is his fundamental issue with the play. That we motioned, got a read on the defense, and didn’t even look at the proper receiver based on the information provided. So at that point he says “why put him in motion over and over again”. It’s not questioning the act of motioning Kincaid. He’s questioning why didn’t the QB use the formation it gave him. 

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Dan orlovsky is an absolute moron every time I see him try to analyze a play lol. Kincaid is clearly going to be absolutely wide open presnap…nothing wrong with the playcall 

he’s literally explaining why teams do line up in shotgun on 4th and 1 when he’s trying to say that it’s dumb 😂. It gives you a wider variety of qb runs/rpo opportunities.  A qb run didn’t happen on this particular play but the defense has to respect it.  

josh flubbed this play and the entire game big time 

I think the shotgun thing is just a pet peeve of his he can’t help himself but to comment on. 

The criticism of the play is that the QB didn’t even look that way when he proactively put a guy in motion and got the information that said “throw to Kincaid”.

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

allen isn't tuned into the O, but then again, neither are the other players.

the frustrating thing about it is this team could just not make these errors, josh could scan the field prior to the snap, the backs could just hold onto the ball, spencer brown could just let one less terrible pressure a game.

and this is why i've been banging on the coaching drum.  the coaches set it all up, they have to make moves to reduce the bad and increase the good.  under center, less blitzing (or, coach the team to blitz better, i can't think of another team with pass rushers up front who bring a blitz into the a and b gaps and get swallowed EVERY TIME.  not one outside blitz), set up easy plays for the O.  recognize we are getting D'd up the exact same way w a zone, and run zone beaters.  how do we watch our zone get beat by zone beaters and not hammer those into our O?

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

There was someone who was in charge of the offense. Someone who like, coordinates it? 

I’ll do some digging but maybe this guy isn’t doing his job well enough. 

I think somebody is losing their job at the bye. It could even be McD. I think the issue might be that they don’t have anybody they like enough to call plays. 

I feel like I also saw McD covering his face during some drives on offense. What are the chances this jabroni is calling plays on both sides of the ball?

Here's the INT as dots:

Josh shouldn't have thrown the ball. But what are we doing here? This hole shot play has been picked several times this year, defenders are keyed into it. And we're running it with Deonte Harty with 27 seconds left in the half from our own side of the field? Dorsey is not putting his players in favorable positions.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

While Dan sometimes lets his wants get in the way of his breakdowns and why I like Baldys more. 

the Statement he made is absolutely true. Why do you run Pre-Snap Motion if you are not going to use the information provided to you during that motion. 

far to often have I seen the pre-snap motion and no adjustment in the route/play/concept based off the information gained on that motion. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

While Dan sometimes lets his wants get in the way of his breakdowns and why I like Baldys more. 

the Statement he made is absolutely true. Why do you run Pre-Snap Motion if you are not going to use the information provided to you during that motion. 

far to often have I seen the pre-snap motion and no adjustment in the route/play/concept based off the information gained on that motion. 

It’s offensive mad libs. He understands presnap motion is a thing, but not why.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I've been saying it for weeks.  Dorsey has to go.  It's pathetic to watch.  No one is ever open.  There is no scheme. We don't create mismatches. This is just call a play and line up and screw it, whatever happens, happens. 

Be careful here. You'll get some homers in here show up and puke on you or roll their eyes on you because "who are you?" "You're just a couch QB who knows nothing. Those coaches are professionals!"

You and I and others with functional brains know that it ain't rocket science out there, but amazingly, many in here think it is.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills could have run for 350 yards last night.  Denver was giving them the numbers in the running game up front every time.  Even late in the game they said go ahead.  All because they know they would not just run the ball.  

The bills media and the fanbase want this team to play 10 or 11 personnel all the time.  

This was elementary football, NFL 101 last night.  They were rushing 4 and dropping seven every down.  They were begging buffalo to pass and giving them the run and the bills tried to pass over and over.  

They should have had two backs with over 150 yards, won the T.O.P. and forced Denver to attack the run which would have given diggs and kinkaid one on ones all night.   

They just wont do it.  It seems the head coach had his hands in everything this offseason and I thought they were going to be a smarter team that ran the ball better because of this but instead it seems they are just all over the place.  How could mcdermott not demand they run the ball after the looks they were seeing and the early second turnover.  

Now the season is lost and the Bills will have to play the role of the spoiler and hope guys like Diggs do not  create a situation where Allen and the Bills are public enemy number 1, the national media has been preparing for that all year.  The week Dallas comes to Buffalo I imagine is the week the crap could hit the fan.  Also Trevon Diggs talking about his brother needing to get up out of there like he is something special makes my head explode.  I hope the team remembers he said that in a few weeks.  

McDermott has been outmatched against good coaches this year.  They have beat him at the fundamentals and in the critical moments of the games.  There is no reason he or any member of the staff should be back.  I am not sure that happens though because it appears the General Manager works for him.  The bills have a setup like KC, Denver, New England etc....without the proven head coach who deserves all that credibility.  

and for anyone who says the defense will get worse without him he is a good coordinator....well teams turn it around with good coaching hires every year.  Look at Minnesota's defense, Houston's defense.    There are plenty of good coordinators around.  This team needs to hire a head coach and two real coordinators with real systems in february.  

I can't believe the season is over before thanksgiving and we have to sit through another year of our lives just hoping they don't screw up coaching hires, the draft and free agency before we get to camp where we have to hope key players do not get injured.  It just plain sucks.

One more thing, that P.I. at the end of the game is the reason Baseball is the best sport.  In Baseball you have to earn every win.  In the NFL you can actually make the play up front and make the qb retreat and just throw a lollipop because he knows its one on one and then not make the play only to be rewarded with a first down at the spot which ensured a field goal attempt.  It is just an awful penalty and stuff like that happens every week.  the league wants these games this way and they will always have them.  

I cant wait for Yankees spring training.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the INT as dots:

Josh shouldn't have thrown the ball. But what are we doing here? This hole shot play has been picked several times this year, defenders are keyed into it. And we're running it with Deonte Harty with 27 seconds left in the half from our own side of the field? Dorsey is not putting his players in favorable positions.

I'm sorry but how the hell do you throw this? 

15 yard out... at a corner who is... 10 YARDS from the line of scrimmage and will have his eyes on Allen at least until harty breaks....  It's also underthrown... basically a jump ball to the smallest guy on the team.  You could have moss and thats a bad play.  

Take smash.. high low... whatever you wanna call it - and burn it out of the playbook.  

13 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Be careful here. You'll get some homers in here show up and puke on you or roll their eyes on you because "who are you?" "You're just a couch QB who knows nothing. Those coaches are professionals!"

You and I and others with functional brains know that it ain't rocket science out there, but amazingly, many in here think it is.

Right. But then just point to the results. Our elite QB is a turnover machine and we insist the way to get a 3rd or 4th and one is to shotgun 5 yards from the LOS. Mostly due to the crap OL we have. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.