Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

I just have one thing I wonder about.  How comfortable will he be if the Bills play him versus the Bengals?  Yes, I read the post about him coming in and playing right away last year at Philadelphia, but I don't know how similar the defenses are.  Is Buffalo's defense pretty similar to what he's played in the past?  At his age, I imagine the Bills would view him as a rotational player.

At 1T there's not a lot of stunts and call to make. He could and should play. Stuff the middle, try to take up 2 defenders to free others up. Get to the QB if possible.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, par73 said:

Bills could have had him in the 2010 draft, but jumped on Torell Troup instead.

I know folks like to say player X was available in the draft etc, but I wonder if those players still become studs if they go to bad teams. We could have drafted Gronk but would he still be Gronk with the parade of mediocrity we had at QB? I will say that Troup was damaged goods from the get go and our cracker jack scouting and personnel departments missed his back injury.

• Like (+1) 2

There goes McDermott and Beane's favorite time passing game of "who would you rather have active at CB than Kaiir Elam?"

McDermott:  Let's play "who would you rather have active at CB than Kaiir Elam"  I'll start, Cam Lewis

Beane:  Nice one, AJ Klein

McDermott:  Good, my turn, Poona Ford

Beane:  Lol, my turn Jason Elam

McDermott:  Hilarious!  My turn Josh Norman

Beane: Okay thats a little far fetched.  You're not serious about that are you?.......are you...

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

There goes McDermott and Beane's favorite time passing game of "who would you rather have active at CB than Kaiir Elam?"

McDermott:  Let's play "who would you rather have active at CB than Kaiir Elam"  I'll start, Cam Lewis

Beane:  Nice one, AJ Klein

McDermott:  Good, my turn, Poona Ford

Beane:  Lol, my turn Jason Elam

McDermott:  Hilarious!  My turn Josh Norman

Beane: Okay thats a little far fetched.  You're not serious about that are you?.......are you...

McD: "Ja'Marcus Ingram..."

Beane: "He can't even spell his name properly let alone cover anyone!"

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Uncharacteristically large sum for a street FA. Big Baller Beane delivers!

I'm interested to see what his actual base salary is

19 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Beane ABSOLUTELY doing Beane things with VERY limited resources both financially and in terms of availability.

GREAT job here.

Anyone know when he'd be available?  

He's available now. Practicing. In shape. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Wonder how many other guys Beane can sign who have been sitting on their couch the last 6 months.

I'd worry about that couch thing more, but Joseph pretty much did the same thing with the Eagles last season - signed actually mid-November after the Eagles had 2 DTs on injured reserve - and it worked out very well for them.  He went hard, especially in the NFCCG.

I think at 34 now 35, Joseph still loves football but knows his body can't handle the rigors of a full season.  Hopefully the Bills verified that he's in some kind of 'good shape' (for a DT)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.