We're overhyping the Bengals

Success

Just now, PBF81 said:

4-4 will put us at 9-8, and we'd be lucky to win 4 games with the schedule that we have.  

I think we’ll get to 10-7, which should be enough. Unfortunately that probably means McDermott will not be fired.

• Agree 1

Just now, mannc said:

I think we’ll get to 10-7, which should be enough. Unfortunately that probably means McDermott will not be fired.

IDK, not sure how we get past teams like @Dallas, @Philly, @Miami even, KC at home.  The Jets and NE already beat us, I wouldn't bet on us taking both of the other two.  Even Denver will be a challenge.  That should have been a gimme.  

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

The org is in too much of a mess to fire him and have a restructure occur. 

Pegula does not strike me as the sharpest tool in the box…I don’t necessarily trust him to make the right hire anyway.

4 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

IDK, not sure how we get past teams like @Dallas, @Philly, @Miami even, KC at home.  The Jets and NE already beat us, I wouldn't bet on us taking both of the other two.  Even Denver will be a challenge.  That should have been a gimme.  

You’re right…7-10 or 8-9 seems more likely

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's exactly as I (and others) said... 

Stop using AVERAGE stats for the whole season to try & disguise RECENT performances.

We are now 2-3 in our last 5 games, have an inept offense & bipolar defense, and we are struggling against every single team we've faced. Those early few blowout wins have zero bearing on how this team is playing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

It's exactly as I (and others) said... 

Stop using AVERAGE stats for the whole season to try & disguise RECENT performances.

We are now 2-3 in our last 5 games, have an inept offense & bipolar defense, and we are struggling against every single team we've faced. Those early few blowout wins have zero bearing on how this team is playing. 

The consensus top 4 teams in the league (Eagles, 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens)

Eagles - 4-1 of last 5. Lost to the Zach Wilson led Jets. Beat the Commanders and Cowboys by one possession. 

49ers - 2-3 of last 5. Lost to the PJ Walker led Cleveland Browns. Lost to the Vikings, and Bengals. 3 straight losses.

Chiefs - 4-1 of last 5. Lost to Denver. Beat Miami and Minnesota by one possession.

Ravens - 4-1 of last 5. Lost to Pittsburgh.  Beat Titans and Cardinals by one possession.

We need to squeak out the close games with wins, but every good team does not blow out every team weekly. 

Bengals looked good tonight, they are stingy with the ball and score early. I think the Bills inability to create more than 3 points on drives 2-8 was the game. You can’t have 7 drives in a row that yield 3 points and 2 turnovers. Clean up the turnovers, and it’s a tie game. Assume the Bengals finish as a Wild Card, it’s probably going to be a challenge to see them going on the road and beating KC, Jax, Baltimore. Miami clearly can be beaten by Cincy. So far as overhyping the Bengals, I just don’t think they have the running game, similar to Buffalo that can win a road playoff game. It will take a nearly flawless passing game from Burrow and turnovers. Tua will give them that. Mahomes, Lawrence and Jackson will likely not give the Bengals those chances. 

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No, we're not.  They are the real deal.

They are a defensive team with an elite checkdown QB.

He tried to muscle one throw and it died in the air.

Mixon is nearing the end of the line and there is nothing behind him. 

For them to win they’ll need their defense to carry them, and I thought for as much as the Bills line is average at best, Hendrickson and Hubbard didn’t do a lot. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.