Week 9 thread - We’re on to Cincinnati

BillsFan619

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I was fine when the Bills were a run of the mill team.  They aren't and they have the best QB in the NFL.  No excuses.

You were happy when we were bad.  Now you’re sad now that we’re good.  Makes sense

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

10 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

OT a bit but wasn’t sure where to ask this….

Does anyone know if with Sunday Ticket now that it’s on YouTube …are you able to watch on more than one device with the same credentials? I know with Directv it was one and one only at a time. Thanks 

There's been a couple threads about it that might have some info or answers for you:

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I enjoy watching my team play win or lose.  I enjoyed watching my team play for 17 seasons of zero playoff appearances.  I enjoy getting together with the boys and having a blast before, during and after the game.  I enjoy talking about and reading about my team day in day out.  

It’s seems as if you only enjoy winning and whining.  💩 

A happy balance is best. Winning does make it a lot more enjoyable and less frustrating to watch.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You were happy when we were bad.  Now you’re sad now that we’re good.  Makes sense

Expectations change when you land one of the best QBs in the league. 

I think you are being too black and white here.

One can be dissatisfied with the Bills players, coaches, and results. One can get upset, frustrated, and voice their displeasures as a fan.

At same time, a person and fan can be happy with watching their favorite team and players play. 

It's not one or another. They can and are interchangeable. Bitching, booing, and whining is every part of being a fan as is cheering, yelling,  and clapping. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:14 AM, Maine-iac said:

In it's current configuration I don't see how we can stop Burrow and keep Mixon in check.  Using Poyer at LB is a great idea and probably helps stop the coverage problems we were having from both Dodson and Williams.  I don't think Rapp is very good in coverage but maybe he's still getting up to speed.  Stopping the run is something no one is talking about and what I think will be the larger problem.  If Mixon is gauging us out o the gate it will instantly make for an easy day for Burrow.

I don’t see them running much. Burrow is back and looking to make up ground from his injury. We’re not great against the run these days, but I see Cincy living by the pass. I just hope they lose by it too.

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

Does anyone know if with Sunday Ticket now that it’s on YouTube …are you able to watch on more than one device with the same credentials? I know with Directv it was one and one only at a time. Thanks 

Should be unlimited on home network. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Missing the point......  But you too are happy with the losses to the Jets, Jax & NE.  You're in a good place & I'm happy for you.

I wasn’t happy.  I just have self control and don’t internally combust when we lose.  

43 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

One can be dissatisfied with the Bills players, coaches, and results. One can get upset, frustrated, and voice their displeasures as a fan.

At same time, a person and fan can be happy with watching their favorite team and players play. 

It's not one or another. They can and are interchangeable. Bitching, booing, and whining is every part of being a fan as is cheering, yelling,  and clapping. 

One can do whatever they want.  I’m not disputing that.  I’m just saying it sucks to be like him.  And probably you too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wasn’t happy.  I just have self control and don’t internally combust when we lose.  

Thank you for saying this out loud.

This board, like the interwebs, is filled with people who want what they want and they want it NOW. Then they think of a lot of reasons why they can't get what they want RIGHT NOW and get pissy.

It's a game.  Be Zen, like an adult, because it doesn't actually matter at all.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tierlifer said:

I can say that in my house I've had it up on two separate smart TVs each logged into youtube app w/ same credentials (on one I don't get the multi game but I think that has something to do with the TV for some reason haven't figured that one out)

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I don’t see them running much. Burrow is back and looking to make up ground from his injury. We’re not great against the run these days, but I see Cincy living by the pass. I just hope they lose by it too.

If we manage to jump out to a lead I could agree with what you are saying but otherwise if Mixon got 16 carries against a 49er defense tell me why he wouldn't get even more against us.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

As in anything in life, its how you react to adversity.  Some people can handle it, some people go “woe is me” and whine.  

We all hate the losses, you guys aren’t in any more pain than anyone else, we just have an off switch.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

If we manage to jump out to a lead I could agree with what you are saying but otherwise if Mixon got 16 carries against a 49er defense tell me why he wouldn't get even more against us.

I already did. Cincy has the top trio of WR’s in the League, bar None. Burrow is super accurate and has a quick release. Mixon’s fine, but every team has a Mixon. He isn’t what separates the Bengals from other teams. There. Now you know

You’re welcome.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I already did. Cincy has the top trio of WR’s in the League, bar None. Burrow is super accurate and has a quick release. Mixon’s fine, but every team has a Mixon. He isn’t what separates the Bengals from other teams. There. Now you know

You’re welcome.

Same group of receivers they had last year in the playoffs when Mixon ran for 105 and none of the receivers had more than 60 yards?  Why? ..... because we couldn't stop the run.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

One can do whatever they want.  I’m not disputing that.  I’m just saying it sucks to be like him.  And probably you too

I can only speak about myself. It doesn't suck to be me not that you really care. Maybe it sucks to be you? 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

One thing I don't want to see on Sunday night is us winning the coin flip, deferring, and watching Burrow take the Bengals down the field for a touchdown or even a FG.  If we win the flip, we need to get the ball first and take it to these guys.  Show some f**king balls and confidence, McDermott!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.