Week 8 - Around the NFL (i.e. NOT a Bills thread please)

aristocrat

7 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

So sweet to see the Chiefs lose. And sweeter still to a crap team.

Not too often you'll see a team beat the Chiefs with just 114 yards passing...

So if we lose next week do they still remain a “crap” team?

8 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I’d usually be excited that Kansas City lost. But this year I don’t think the Bills have any real chance at the #1 seed so I don’t think this KC loss will really matter. Still glad they lost though! 

Even if Bills are not Bills are not no. 1, it would be still great if Chiefs were neither. Let that be someone else for a change.

I might even want the Dolphins to win next week lol.

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s a massive loss for mahomes’ mvp chances…one of the worst defenses came off his schedule and he didn’t do anything good against them statistically.

Idk on the 1 seed I think it’s wiiiide open this year 

I think it’s too much of a hurdle for the Bills to get the #1 seed. Let’s hope they can get by the Bengals next week. Lose that and it’s back to barely above .500. 

Just now, BBFL said:

So if we lose next week do they still remain a “crap” team?

Why even ask that question? And Denver is generally considered not good, so what's your point?

Are Bills' fans not allowed to be happy when the competition loses? Maybe you're not annoyed by all the Mahomes commercials or

the favorable calls that seem to help them out late in the game, but plenty of folks are.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Purdy is a fraud and I feel like everyone has just known this and pretended it’s not true because it’s a fun story lol

I'm not sure if he's the next big thing but Josh has had issues this season and he's in Year 6. A small run of bad form doesn't mean he should be written off. Do I think he's a future MVP? No. Do I think he could be a serviceable NFL QB? Yes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Dolphins winning was bad for the division.

Jets, Bengals and Titans winning was bad for the wild card.

Steelers, Browns, Colts, and Texans losing was good for the wild card.

Ravens and Jags winning was bad for first seed.

Chiefs losing was good for the first seed.

All-in-all I would say it was a pretty good day for playoff outcomes. Now we root for da Bears and Lions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I think it’s too much of a hurdle for the Bills to get the #1 seed. Let’s hope they can get by the Bengals next week. Lose that and it’s back to barely above .500. 

I wouldn’t bet on it either but it seems a lot more possible than it did a week ago.  Chiefs defense looks like it took a huge shot losing nick Bolton 

their offense has been shaky most of the year but the defense was brutalizing people 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Why even ask that question? And Denver is generally considered not good, so what's your point?

Are Bills' fans not allowed to be happy when the competition loses? Maybe you're not annoyed by all the Mahomes commercials or

the favorable calls that seem to help them out late in the game, but plenty of folks are.

You’re making something out of nothing. You made a statement. I asked a question. No further diatribe needed. 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I wouldn’t bet on it either but it seems a lot more possible than it did a week ago.  Chiefs defense looks like it took a huge shot losing nick Bolton 

Agreed. He’s their anchor in the middle against the run. I honestly think Balt will end up with the #1 seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Dolphins winning was bad for the division.

Jets, Bengals and Titans winning was bad for the wild card.

Steelers, Browns, Colts, and Texans losing was good for the wild card.

Ravens and Jags winning was bad for first seed.

Chiefs losing was good for the first seed.

All-in-all I would say it was a pretty good day for playoff outcomes. Now we root for da Bears and Lions.

The browns loss was the biggest non chiefs loss that happened all day imo. They could be trouble for us 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

their offense has been shaky most of the year but the defense was brutalizing people 

That's why you can't discount all the Bills defensive losses.  That needs to be acknowledged as part of the dialogue in the Bills struggle.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.