Von Miller

Riverboat Ritchie

Maybe it really is this brace he’s having to wear through Thanksgiving. I think I saw somewhere he can shed that after that so maybe this next game we see more glimpses of the real Von. 

Guy was playing out of his mind last year before the injury. I don’t believe he’s fully washed and there’s nothing else there. He’ll come on at some point, right?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Although he didn’t get a sack and there were definitely times where I was screaming at TV when he seemed to run pass the QB by 20 yards, I thought he started looking faster and could see glimpses. Also looked like he drew a couple DTs and almost got to QB a couple times. Hopefully he is getting there. 

Yay 100m$ contract and almost got a QB pressure

• Haha (+1) 4

Was at the game. Just happened to watch the sideline as the whistle blew to end the game. Von was on the sidelines and was the closest player to the tunnel. Was the only player to run to the tunnel without shaking anyone’s hand. My first thought was he wasn’t happy with his play/playtime. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TD716 said:

Was at the game. Just happened to watch the sideline as the whistle blew to end the game. Von was on the sidelines and was the closest player to the tunnel. Was the only player to run to the tunnel without shaking anyone’s hand. My first thought was he wasn’t happy with his play/playtime. 

The fans are not happy about his play/playtime as well.  If he is going to half ass it, bench him.  Idc who he "was""

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, TD716 said:

My thought is he has checked out and is collecting a huge paycheck.  When that thing came out following him around videoing him making his decision...I thought we were in trouble. He had to talk himself into being here. His dad had to help.

I get it's a big decision, but I think his heart was still in LA or maybe even Dallas.

I say cut him this offseason, take the cap hit. Him, tre, poyer and Hyde have to go.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Although he didn’t get a sack and there were definitely times where I was screaming at TV when he seemed to run pass the QB by 20 yards, I thought he started looking faster and could see glimpses. Also looked like he drew a couple DTs and almost got to QB a couple times. Hopefully he is getting there. 

there was that one play where he was practically 15 yards past the qb and then stopped…. But the qb started dancing. 

I swear he was so far out of the play the qb forgot him and Von could’ve had the biggest blindside sack of his career if he hadn’t fully stopped. I would’ve worried for the qbs health with a guy getting a clean 10-15 yard run at his back totally unexpected 

18 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

The fans are not happy about his play/playtime as well.  If he is going to half ass it, bench him.  Idc who he "was""

unfortunately the way to get to who he was is to suffer a bit through what he is 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

there was that one play where he was practically 15 yards past the qb and then stopped…. But the qb started dancing. 

I swear he was so far out of the play the qb forgot him and Von could’ve had the biggest blindside sack of his career if he hadn’t fully stopped. I would’ve worried for the qbs health with a guy getting a clean 10-15 yard run at his back totally unexpected 

I remember quoting someone in the GameDay thread, "Von Miller is seeing ghosts" 🤣

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

2 hours ago, TD716 said:

Maybe he had to take a dump - off the field instead of on

2 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

He's coming back from an ACL. Give him a break. He's a HOF'er who has earned some time to get back.

If he and Floyd and Big Ol' Eddie Oliver are all playing well in December/January, things are gonna get pretty funky in opposing backfields... 

The problem is he's a liability out there w his one dimensional speed rush. Jets actually gashed it a few times. Smarter teams will probably audible right into him. 

He's also taking reps from better players right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RichRiderBills said:

The problem is he's a liability out there w his one dimensional speed rush. Jets actually gashed it a few times. Smarter teams will probably audible right into him. 

He's also taking reps from better players right now. 

Agree with that, but McD is actually reducing his snap counts each week as he realizes what's happening. I think that's the smart way to handle it. Reduce it to zero and he won't get up to speed.

• Like (+1) 1

too many Bills fans expected Von to comeback from the ACL and resume being dominate immediately. Von got rushed back and is still finding his sea legs. Hopefully by the time the post seson comes around, and if we are fortunate to make it, he will be returning to form.

3 hours ago, TD716 said:

Well, now he matches our feelings with his "play" and "playtime"... 

Von is not completely back, he is having troubles planting his foot on the turn which is why he is going very wide on his pass rushes.  Epenesa is playing well and should definitely continue to see even more time at the expense of Von.  As Von gets stability back in his knee, his snap count should increase but until then Epenesa, Groot, Shaq and Floyd should see more snaps than Von.  

Also, Groot seems to be off as well, haven't seen him do nearly as much over the past few weeks than he did earlier in the season.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Punch said:

If there's no marked improvement when the brace comes off, then I'll be concerned. I don't expect him to revert back to his peak 2022 form but I expect him to be more than serviceable.

The brace is killing his bend…I think it’s gonna be a huge improvement when it comes off.  They’ve just been trying to get him reps when they can so he can contribute down the stretch.

If they IRed him most of the season he would not have been in shape for the playoff push 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.