Deshaun Watson: Trust Fund Baby (UPDATE: 28% through Contract)

DrDawkinstein

If I'm the Browns owner I PRAY that he does something maybe on personal conduct violation to void the guaranteed contract and move on. I'd be leaving BOGO massage coupons in his locker. 

Knowing Haslam though, he probably didn't add any personal conduct outs to his deal.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

If I'm the Browns owner I PRAY that he does something maybe on personal conduct violation to void the guaranteed contract and move on. I'd be leaving BOGO massage coupons in his locker. 

Knowing Haslam though, he probably didn't add any personal conduct outs to his deal.

Yeah, with a guy like Haslam, personal conduct violations are a feature not a bug.

• Haha (+1) 3

If this has any legs at all it really won't surprise me given his past . One would think he would be more appreciative & take advantage of this highly paid opportunity but there are a lot more than him that have laid down after getting a big money contract Dare E us to take a look at those folks that have done the same thing .

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, T master said:

If this has any legs at all it really won't surprise me given his past . One would think he would be more appreciative & take advantage of this highly paid opportunity but there are a lot more than him that have laid down after getting a big money contract Dare E us to take a look at those folks that have done the same thing .

While it's obvious and apparent that Watson is his own kind of scumbag, I also believe/know that owners like Haslam and McNair are even bigger scumbags.

Could be that given Watson's experience in Houston, where the team was happy to set him up with an NDA and hotel rooms to use, and then throw him under the bus for it when they needed leverage to force him to play or get rid of him, this was all a calculated plot to take as much money as he could from the NFL with his one last shot and ride off into the sunset a multi-millionaire.

And while I dont support Watson as a person, I'm always for players milking as much cash out of the league as possible. So I almost want to say... good for him?

I guess I'm saying I'm not surprsied he isnt "more appreciative", and I'd also argue he has already taken full advantage of his opportunity. To the tune of 230,000,000 fully guaranteed dollars.

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He played on Sunday, went one for five, and pulled himself out of the game.

That's the problem. As we all discovered, Watson doesnt like pulling himself.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Why pray?  I am sure Haslam knows some unsavory person who could frame him for a crime.  If he is unable to play for being in jail contract will be voided although it will be hard to get signing bonuses back.

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He played on Sunday, went one for five, and pulled himself out of the game.

Wow, I never thought I’d see the day where Kyle Ortons slide a yard short of the first down marker could be out done. 

But here we are….

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.