Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My thought is that if they're making him inactive in favor of Josh Norman, maybe want to keep him healthy so they can trade him. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

I'm really not ready to give up on Elam although clearly McDermott is.   He didn't have a bad rookie season.   How is it possible that he has regressed so much over the course of a year?   None of it makes any sense.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

well this goes along with the idea Allen needs to think less and just play football…

he plays well on short weeks (hoping it continues!) 

I would enjoy seeing this offense pick up the pace and show more explosiveness. 

& please….LET JOSH RUN

Edited by Warriorspikes51

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a weird bit of info I got from my source - Josh Norman will apparently dress for tomorrow's game over Elam. I won't lie, this is so out there that I almost don't believe it, but that's what I was told.

Also Andy Isabella has a good chance of being elevated for this game.

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I don't discount this, however I'm not seeing the logic here. The Bills get 2 PS call ups. So that would make Norman and Isabella the call ups and roll with just Kincaid at TE (some help from Gilliam and Edwards as well I would assume). That's an odd move for sure.

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I get not making moves on desperation. However, do you think this current roster is good enough to make a deep run? You think this coaching staff can make the proper adjustments with it's current players to turn things around? 

I know you are well aware of the tough upcoming schedule as well. 

As Josh Allen said things look bleak. He wasn't lying and that's not exactly a vote of confidence. 

in short, this team is in desperation mode. The look, feel, and results of the team are not encouraging. 

Make a run in our current state, with the current landscape … absolutely not.  

However we don’t know how the season unfolds. 

News out of Miami today that they may be without Tyreek Hill for a bit.  Is this the year KC finally loses the major injury horseshoe they have?  Can Burrow/Lamar make it through the season?  

We’ve been hit.. hard… with injury.   Maybe it continues, maybe it doesn’t … but injuries around the league are a constant.

Get to the playoffs and potentially get some guys back, and who knows. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Trade him for what a pack of gum, seriously how bad can his value of gotten if he loses out to Josh frickin Norman who wasn't even here when the season started.

Wonder who Isabella would be getting the nod over, Shakir actually had a better game last time.

I think it could possibly be a function of them not having more than one credible TE and needing numbers to play 11 personnel pretty much all game.

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Make a run in our current state, with the current landscape … absolutely not.  

However we don’t know how the season unfolds. 

News out of Miami today that they may be without Tyreek Hill for a bit.  Is this the year KC finally loses the major injury horseshoe they have?  Can Burrow/Lamar make it through the season?  

We’ve been hit.. hard… with injury.   Maybe it continues, maybe it doesn’t … but injuries around the league are a constant.

Get to the playoffs and potentially get some guys back, and who knows. 

Getting to the playoffs is not a given at this point. The upcoming Bills schedule is very difficult. We all can do the math. 

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Getting to the playoffs is not a given at this point. The upcoming Bills schedule is very difficult. We all can do the math. 

Aside from every game being difficult, I just don't see the schedule as being THAT difficult. We have the 2 game gauntlet of Chiefs/Eagles, and those are the 2 best teams in the league right now..

But aside from that, it's pretty normal. Cincy is just like us - they're not all that this year, at least so far.  Dolphins at the end will be tough. Otherwise, every game is basically like tomorrow's.  

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Aside from every game being difficult, I just don't see the schedule as being THAT difficult. We have the 2 game gauntlet of Chiefs/Eagles, and those are the 2 best teams in the league right now..

But aside from that, it's pretty normal. Cincy is just like us - they're not all that this year, at least so far.  Dolphins at the end will be tough. Otherwise, every game is basically like tomorrow's.  

Cinci is a very poor match up for the Bills. The Jets are a bad match up for the Bills because their D is so good. NE just beat the Bills. LA Chargers are dangerous. Dallas is solid. 

I have the Bills going 6-4 for the next 10 games. That makes them finish at 10-7. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Cinci is a very poor match up for the Bills. The Jets are a bad match up for the Bills because their D is so good. NE just beat the Bills. LA Chargers are dangerous. Dallas is solid. 

I have the Bills going 6-4 for the next 10 games. That makes them finish at 10-7. 

I just can't see that Jets team sweeping us, at home. I agree they're not a good matchup, and of course could win, but I'd be very surprised if we lost that game.

Dallas doesn't concern me.

The Chargers will be tough because they're alright, and it's a west coast trip. I could see us losing that. But I also see us splitting Chiefs/Eagles. I don't think we lose both.

I'd go w/ more of an 11-6 final record, but it doesn't matter too much.  We are likely not getting the 1 seed, or missing the playoffs. And I think our chances in the playoffs hinge quite a bit on the ability of Milano & Jones to play again..

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Teams trade for other teams' draft busts all the time, thinking they can turn them around. It hasn't been that long and they still have their draft grades on him. 

6th round at best you would think …

Or maybe we could trade him for another teams draft bust LB or DT?

50 minutes ago, Success said:

I think this is best case scenario. I have little confidence that the Bills team can win vs KC and Philly. I'd add in Cinci too. Those teams are just a much better team than Buffalo. They have home field advantage and much better coaching too. Sure it's possible the Bills win but I'm not sure how any Bills fans can feel confident. 

Truthfully, I think this team struggles to make the playoffs. This team feels much different than previous teams. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this is best case scenario. I have little confidence that the Bills team can win vs KC and Philly. I'd add in Cinci too. Those teams are just a much better team than Buffalo. They have home field advantage and much better coaching too. Sure it's possible the Bills win but I'm not sure how any Bills fans can feel confident. 

Truthfully, I think this team struggles to make the playoffs. This team feels much different than previous teams. 

People here in Cincinnati hate Zac Taylor like we hate Dorsey and McDermott. Combined. No creativity in the offense. He relies too much on Burrow and Chase and his scheme is too vanilla. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.