Did Thursday's game vs Bucs influence our play vs. Pats?

VW82

Did Bills get cute and overlook Pats due to quick schedule turnaround?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Did Bills get cute and overlook Pats due to quick schedule turnaround?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, but it wouldn't have made a difference in a four point game.

Some things that happened today were going to happen regardless: Josh's erratic play, Dorsey and McD not knowing how to play call, etc.

I saw a team that got pushed around. It looked like Pats had the better athletes/players, which we know isn't true.

Did we leave something on the table thinking we were going to beat a hapless Pats team because we have a quick turnaround? 

Enough of the excuses.  We lost to the Jags because of jet lag, we played lousy against the Giants because of jet lag...now we played lousy against the Pats because we were looking ahead to Tampa?

The offense doesn't adjust fast enough; Dorsey is a below average play caller.  Not much will change until someone at Two Bills Drive realizes this and fixes it.

Edited by Nuncha
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, VW82 said:

Some things that happened today were going to happen regardless: Josh's erratic play, Dorsey and McD not knowing how to play call, etc.

I saw a team that got pushed around. It looked like Pats had the better athletes/players, which we know isn't true.

Did we leave something on the table thinking we were going to beat a hapless Pats team because we have a quick turnaround? 

Nah it was Jet lag. They also play in Germany two seasons from now, so they were looking ahead to that game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

Enough of the excuses.  We lost to the Jags because of jet lag, we played lousy against the Giants because of jet lag...now we played lousy against the Pats because we were looking ahead to Tampa?

I think that 4 hr travel back east after going abck and forth across the pond accenuated the jet lag problem..hopefully the trip back to Buffalo  from Boston doesn't add to the problem.

6 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

The offense doesn't adjust fast enough; Dorcey is a below average play caller.  Not much will change until someone at Two Bills Drive realizes this and fixes it.

The excuses by fans is beyond silliness.  I'll buy the London jet lag because I called it 6 days in advance when hearing the travel plans.  Look at the Pats yesterday, didn't they have 15+ guys in the injury report and some keys players were missing?   The Bills offense is as healthy as any team in the NFL.  NO excuses.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Doesn’t matter no excuses Sean McDermott is not prepping this team this team it’s oathetic

look

IF THE BUCS are smart baker mayfield will throw close to 300 yards on this team.

better weapons and is wayyyyyy better than max jones

we are going to get rocked 31-20 at home on thirsday night from what I’ve seen if this nightmare October 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, VW82 said:

Defensively, I saw a team that couldn't get pressure from their front 4.  They missed a lot of tackles on defense that lead to a lot of bigger plays.  Touch late to the catch point on quite a few throws.  I also felt they got hit with quite a few ticky tack calls - the illegal contact on a 3rd down stop (would've been 4th and 3 from the 33 - they got a TD on this drive), the PI on their catch at the 1 yard line being the big two (stop the clock with 20 seconds left.  

Offensively, negative plays putting them in some worse down's and distances.  Diggs needs to be at or near sticks on that 3rd down so we can potentially sneak on 4th.  Knox needs to catch that 4th down pass.  First half that OPI was a killer, and they had a nice drive just get absolutely killed in the red zone.  I think one thing we NEED to stress is improvement on how we approach teams that blitz.  Our offense is designed around how to beat the soft zones we see so much, but we don't screen well into blitzes.  Even when we call it at the right time it usually doesn't work.   

the way mcd teams get up and down, and get run out of the building a time or two every year, makes me think we are NOT consistent in our preparation, certainly not in mind set at least.

i think this team went ape for miami, and kinda shot their wad.  there was a real hangover, guys didn't sleep well getting to london, and lack of sleep is the number one predictor of injuries, so there we go.  

our team, and our qb, are front runners.  when we get up on people, we murder them (look at all the next gen stats for years), but when a team can have any advantage on us, our d wilts and our O struggles.

so, i do think we just played down to our opposition 3 games in a row due to lack of prep, 

47 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Doesn’t matter no excuses Sean McDermott is not prepping this team this team it’s oathetic

look

IF THE BUCS are smart baker mayfield will throw close to 300 yards on this team.

better weapons and is wayyyyyy better than max jones

we are going to get rocked 31-20 at home on thirsday night from what I’ve seen if this nightmare October 

We will score 20, but we will only have 7 with 5 min left in the fourth.

That way Kenny gets his statistics.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, colin said:

the way mcd teams get up and down, and get run out of the building a time or two every year, makes me think we are NOT consistent in our preparation, certainly not in mind set at least.

i think this team went ape for miami, and kinda shot their wad.  there was a real hangover, guys didn't sleep well getting to london, and lack of sleep is the number one predictor of injuries, so there we go.  

our team, and our qb, are front runners.  when we get up on people, we murder them (look at all the next gen stats for years), but when a team can have any advantage on us, our d wilts and our O struggles.

so, i do think we just played down to our opposition 3 games in a row due to lack of prep, 

There was a hangover after the KC win last year, also around week 6. Seems to be a pattern with this team.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

We will score 20, but we will only have 7 with 5 min left in the fourth.

That way Kenny gets his statistics.

Your user name is feeling awfully similar with McDermott and Chan gailey

gonna wait too long to cut the chord on mcd I think 

The offense is going to have to string together multiple, like 5 straight games of either good to great play to earn the trust back.  

Defense is just going to have to hang on until, Milano and Jones can get back.  Still haven't heard anything on Milano so I guess that means there isn't knee damage?  So its possible he gets back by late December if it's just a broken leg.  

If Jones can get back, I will start having hope.  We are so bad up the middle behind Oliver and Jones and it's killing this defense.  Settle and Ford seem to be okay in a rotation and in spots.  When they are taking the majority of the snaps, it's terrible.

4 hours ago, zow2 said:

The excuses by fans is beyond silliness.  I'll buy the London jet lag because I called it 6 days in advance when hearing the travel plans.  Look at the Pats yesterday, didn't they have 15+ guys in the injury report and some keys players were missing?   The Bills offense is as healthy as any team in the NFL.  NO excuses.

The only two injuries on the Bills offense were Harris, on IR, and Josh's shoulder, which he's trying to play through and still passed quite well, maybe not up to his usual standards.

The O line is not providing good pass protection or run support, and I think this is down to coaching and not injuries. Morse and the two guards are good players and aren''t injured as far as we know, but we're getting beat up the middle.  Opposing DCs have figured something out and they'll all keep doing it until we can stop it.

No.

But, we were on a path after the Miami game.  The Jags game put us on a different path, that we have been stuck on.

We really need to get back on that other path, starting w/ the Bucs game.  We picked up some weird negative momentum, and it can shift just as easily. But it needs a nudge.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.