Who To Blame

Goin Breakdown

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

Miller and Knox is a total killer and waste of money for our team.  They were both stupid contracts to begin with and are total waste.  Kincaid can do Knox job..as a rookie, Miller is just free money at this point l. Sure would be nice to have some recievers outside of Diggs!

They gave Knox a big contract based on promise, not performance. And it turns out he just hasn’t gotten any better. That contract extension was debatable at the time, and an error in retrospect. 
Miller? He gave us exactly what we weee after. A fantastic addition till he went down. I don’t think you could say he was a bigger injury risk than any other player; he was coming off a superb season in LA. Sometimes it’s just bad luck defeating sound planning. 

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Miller and Knox is a total killer and waste of money for our team.  They were both stupid contracts to begin with and are total waste.  Kincaid can do Knox job..as a rookie, Miller is just free money at this point l. Sure would be nice to have some recievers outside of Diggs!

Miller has cost the Bills 2.75 million dollars per sack.  Knox has cost 1.8 million dollars per touchdown over the last year.  Its an abomination.

• Shocked 1

Losing Tre, Daquan, Milano and Oliver over a 3 week span is pretty rough. The play calling is predictable. Shotgun draws on 1st down for example, every single one of us is aware of the tendency. The offense is consistently put into negative situations through predictability and lack of discipline. I have to put that on coaching. If Allen is pressured on 50% of his dropbacks I find it difficult to say he played poorly.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

They gave Knox a big contract based on promise, not performance. And it turns out he just hasn’t gotten any better. That contract extension was debatable at the time, and an error in retrospect. 
Miller? He gave us exactly what we weee after. A fantastic addition till he went down. I don’t think you could say he was a bigger injury risk than any other player; he was coming off a superb season in LA. Sometimes it’s just bad luck defeating sound planning. 

Thanks fir the response and it seems we agree on most.  I do disagree about Miller, but its just my opinion.  I do not like signing older guys to big contracts due to....injury.  Sure it was bad luck, but I think the odds are increased by a great margin with someone older

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Miller has cost the Bills 2.75 million dollars per sack.  Knox has cost 1.8 million dollars per touchdown over the last year.  Its an abomination.

Wowzer

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing the whole field?  He's pressured non stop and Dorsey needs to design some plays to get it off him.  He doesn't. 

Second week in a row it was 3rd and 7 and every receiver was down field 15 yes.  He's way in over his head.  You don't turn the offense over to a guy who's never called plays at any level and expect different.   Not when you're a team any experienced guy would drool to come coach. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The D gets a pass with those injuries. The offensive problems are really all about Dorsey, who is always one step behind the defensive coordinators he's facing: always reactive, rarely proactive. Even with a competent right tackle and reliable second receiver, this offense would not all that much better with Dorsey at the helm.

It was expedient and good politics to hire from within, but it might have been the biggest blunder of the McBeane era. And after these past two games, it might finally--finally--be dawning on McDermott and Beane that the Bills won't make it to the Super Bowl with Dorsey. Unless the lose the next two, though, or maybe three, he's going nowhere until the offseason. 

After reading all of these topics I have to say; as a fan I really don’t care who is to blame. 

We want accountability. We deserve it. No gloss over. Absolute ownership of the failings this year and it not be Josh giving his usual hum-ho. He hasn’t played great but there’s bigger questions. 

Personally, I could accept a sh-t season where we didn’t meet the expectations if there was transparency. 

Guys in this business have lost their jobs for far less failures. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

The ghost of our drought visited me today and wants me to just tell you all something: 

Trent Edwards, Leodis McKelvin, Donte Whitner, Mike Pucillo, Chris Kelsey, Cody Ford, Cordy Glenn, Robert Royal, Jeff Tuel, Larry Triplett, Dick Jauron, Dave Wannstedt, Rob Johnson, Chris Watson, David Nelson, Chan Gailey, Roscoe Parrish, Nathaniel Hackett, Rick Dennisson, Rex Ryan, Kawika Mitchell, Aaron Maybin, Duke Preston, Coy wire, George Wilson and Ralph Wilson are not on our team anymore.

People here have a short memory about how bad we had it. We will be fine 

• Haha (+1) 1

How many times did we hear, we want Josh to run less?  Dozens of times.  Well now you have a guy that won't run because you told him not to and handed him an atrocious scheme

Now you lose your job.  I don't want designed runs but I want him to have the green light.  Yes, of course,  then get down.  That's part of taking what the defense gives you.

Now we have Allen start to run, then stop and trying to lob passes, instead of running for yardage. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Plenty of blame to go around.  But at the top of the totem pole (or close to it), Mr Beane.  

1-tech DT: zero capable backups

CB/Secondary: aging at safety/zero speed.  Elam is either a complete bust OR something else altogether

LBs: Milano then what? Credit on TB pick, but they have Dodson and Dorian as backups.  At what point do they try finding a mid-tier backup?  Maybe Kirskey, but that turned into a strikeout.

WR: everyone, or most, were worried about options behind Diggs.  Gabe hasn't been consistent/we haven't found a consistent & reliable 2nd option

Credit: DEs, IOL, RB

We've spent a lot, and somehow have a worst product to show for it.  

The biggest concerns in a nutshell were WR2, physically on DL, and secondary speed.  Followed with IOL and slot WR.  

Do we have top tier talent?  Yes.  Injuries not helping, but there's a clear miss on assessing a couple key positional depth and starter ability

Looked like taron Johnson was the goat of this game(the bad goat…weird it means both greatest of all time and hurt the team badly) lol

11 minutes ago, finn said:

The D gets a pass with those injuries. The offensive problems are really all about Dorsey, who is always one step behind the defensive coordinators he's facing: always reactive, rarely proactive. Even with a competent right tackle and reliable second receiver, this offense would not all that much better with Dorsey at the helm.

It was expedient and good politics to hire from within, but it might have been the biggest blunder of the McBeane era. And after these past two games, it might finally--finally--be dawning on McDermott and Beane that the Bills won't make it to the Super Bowl with Dorsey. Unless the lose the next two, though, or maybe three, he's going nowhere until the offseason. 

How long can the d get a pass though? Pats d has tons of injuries also.  As does the ravens every year.  We’ve had three drives in the last three games where a stop gives us a good shot to win and our defense really went 0 for 3 against an average offense and two terrible ones  (got bailed out by a no call though) not to say the offense is blameless but realistically that defense has to step up every so often down the stretch regardless of what the offense is doing 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

The Bills as a team look like they’re struggling to get off to good starts on offense and on defense they are giving up yardage on the ground and they look confused in coverage. Throw in, bad fundamentals in tackling and a kicker that’s missing makeable kicks and you have real problems. This is a Sean issue and it must be corrected fast. The good news is Josh is our QB and we should score enough points, but against KC, Cinn, Philly, Dallas our personnel may not be good enough to get enough stops. 

Injuries of defense and this Buffalo Bills team doesn’t have the depth or the ability to acquire players because of the contractual commitments it has made in the future. Plus add in our defensive players are getting older and you have a declining Bills team that needs major youth movement this offseason in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

This switching the offense to a more “balanced” attack and wanting Josh Allen to be a pocket passer is to blame.

Imagine be blessed a physical talent the likes of which the NFL has never seen at QB and be so pathetically scared of his possible injury that you you design your offense to limit his physical gifts.

Its absurd and a fireable offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

The ghost of our drought visited me today and wants me to just tell you all something: 

Trent Edwards, Leodis McKelvin, Donte Whitner, Mike Pucillo, Chris Kelsey, Cody Ford, Cordy Glenn, Robert Royal, Jeff Tuel, Larry Triplett, Dick Jauron, Dave Wannstedt, Rob Johnson, Chris Watson, David Nelson, Chan Gailey, Roscoe Parrish, Nathaniel Hackett, Rick Dennisson, Rex Ryan, Kawika Mitchell, Aaron Maybin, Duke Preston, Coy wire, George Wilson and Ralph Wilson are not on our team anymore.

People here have a short memory about how bad we had it. We will be fine 

That is a who’s who of ineptitude 

Look ….no way do I ever think one thing is to blame.    Offense needs all guys in sync and Defense needs all guys in sync.    But how many guys need to be in sync for a friggin Field Goal!!!

Dude Bass picked a hell of a time to diarrhea himself…and no he’s not to blame but Jeez man….NOW?!?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.