Who To Blame

Goin Breakdown

I'll start by saying, Everyone?  Yes a question mark, because idk. 

Josh-  is he seeing the whole field? Is he not going through reads? Is he Hurt? 
Coaching- are they handcuffing josh with the whole "don't run anymore" thing?  Is 12 personell and balance ruining it for this offense that really everyone other than the "we need to run the ball more crowd" seemed to enjoy. They were pretty darn great. Why "fix" that. 
Defense- can't tackle and injuries

Offense- dropped balls, Oline is looking like it's not that great again. Diggs (maybe Kincaid) are the only reliable targets and even Diggs has had his drops. 
Special teams- given up a TD to the Jets. Bass missing FG attempts

all in all the team is a mess

There just doesn't seem to be an easy answer other than it all a mess right now. Just sucks because we know they can be so much better. 

Coaches.  Fire them all, Dorsey McDermott etc.   Ask yourself a simple question really think about it.....How much worse would a Josh Allen/Stephen Diggs combo do under a different coaching staff?   I dare say they could do not much worse but possibly better with a different coach.  I'm all for the gamble of replacing the staff..and yes, I'm old enough to endure the 18 year playoff drought 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Coaches.  Fire them all, Dorsey McDermott etc.   Ask yourself a simple question really think about it.....How much worse would a Josh Allen/Stephen Diggs combo do under a different coaching staff?   I dare say they could do not much worse but possibly better with a different coach.  I'm all for the gamble of replacing the staff

Totally agree considering last year they were successful when Josh winged it. Not under the scheme of Dorsey. 

I think a lot of bills fan, and ownership included, are afraid of falling back to the drought years if we fire McD. Of course that’s a reasonable thought. But McD isn’t winning us a SB. Our expectations are higher. 

i would rather move in from McD and get an offensive coach who could possibly elevate this team instead of sticking with the known quantity of McD at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

3 games in a row, we don't really start playing until the 2nd half.

That's gotta be on the coaches.  There is plenty of blame to go around, but it starts there.

No matter our arguments and disagreements, it seems to always circle around to the coaches.  We have Josh freaking Allen and we can't beat poor teams?  It has to be the coaches

• Like (+1) 3

Beane and McD….  Everything has carried over from last year. Sure we have players injured, but some of these guys were injured last year and we seen how things played out without them. 

Jones was injured last year vs the Bengals and we seen the impact. The guys we had last year behind him couldn’t get the job done, no surprise they can’t get it done now. 

DB group has basically zero change from last year besides the backup safety. It was a weakness down the stretch last year and it’s a weakness now. 

We brought in Beas and Smoke late last season because we had an issue at WR, their answer was Sherfield and Harty. To be honest, we might have been better off bringing back Beas and Smoke. 

Oline was a nightmare late last season, I’ll applaud them on the Torrence pick but McGovern was paid for his versatility. That’s what McD likes, he has versatility because he couldn’t lock down a job though.  Brown is still Brown though, still the weakest link. 

Our team ain’t getting younger and McD is so terrified of minor mistakes out of a young fellas he’s clueless that the same minor mistakes are happening all over the field.

Edited by BananaB
  • Thank you (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Coaches.  Fire them all, Dorsey McDermott etc.   Ask yourself a simple question really think about it.....How much worse would a Josh Allen/Stephen Diggs combo do under a different coaching staff?   I dare say they could do not much worse but possibly better with a different coach.  I'm all for the gamble of replacing the staff..and yes, I'm old enough to endure the 18 year playoff drought 

I'm with ya. I'd like to say it wouldn't matter who josh has as a coach and that he'd be great regardless but he truthfully isn't great right now under Dorsey. The only time they looked like the offense we've grown used to was when they were in hurry up josh led offense. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BananaB said:

their answer was Sherfield and Harty.

I just want to clarify that we are talking about Trent Sherfield Sr. and not his 10

month old baby boy, Tent Sherfield Jr. This has been the source of much confusion, causing the Bills WR to add the “Sr” to his jersey. 
On a different point: We have also talked for many years about how the Bills could use a tall receiver for red zone plays, which is why we got 5’6” Deonte Harty. Unfortunately Josh thinks he is the 6’6” guy he wanted and overthrew him by a foot. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

Its on the entire organization right now.   Not going into the season with a viable second option at WR is unforgivable.       The bad moves Beane continues to make are starting to pile up.  The Miller signing has been a complete bust.   Signing Knox to the extension he got was also terrible in hindsight.  Knox and Miller make up over 12% of the Bills total cap space, are you getting that much out of them?

Dorsey's play calling is bad.  Particularly in the run game.   Where are the counters?  Where is the I-Formation?  Jet Sweeps?  Motion in general?   To me he seems like a person throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.  He has no idea what his offense is, they have no identity.

McDermott seems intent on making the Bills into some sort of balanced team, its what he and Daboll seemingly argued about. 

Something is way off with Josh.  Sick of seeing him sitting on the bench pouting.  Sick of the turnovers. 

They are losing as an entire organization right now.

• Agree 2

Plenty of blame to go around.  But at the top of the totem pole (or close to it), Mr Beane.  

1-tech DT: zero capable backups

CB/Secondary: aging at safety/zero speed.  Elam is either a complete bust OR something else altogether

LBs: Milano then what? Credit on TB pick, but they have Dodson and Dorian as backups.  At what point do they try finding a mid-tier backup?  Maybe Kirskey, but that turned into a strikeout.

WR: everyone, or most, were worried about options behind Diggs.  Gabe hasn't been consistent/we haven't found a consistent & reliable 2nd option

Credit: DEs, IOL, RB

We've spent a lot, and somehow have a worst product to show for it.  

The biggest concerns in a nutshell were WR2, physically on DL, and secondary speed.  Followed with IOL and slot WR.  

Do we have top tier talent?  Yes.  Injuries not helping, but there's a clear miss on assessing a couple key positional depth and starter ability

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its on the entire organization right now.   Not going into the season with a viable second option at WR is unforgivable.       The bad moves Beane continues to make are starting to pile up.  The Miller signing has been a complete bust.   Signing Knox to the extension he got was also terrible in hindsight.  Knox and Miller make up over 12% of the Bills total cap space, are you getting that much out of them?

Dorsey's play calling is bad.  Particularly in the run game.   Where are the counters?  Where is the I-Formation?  Jet Sweeps?  Motion in general?   To me he seems like a person throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.  He has no idea what his offense is, they have no identity.

McDermott seems intent on making the Bills into some sort of balanced team, its what he and Daboll seemingly argued about. 

Something is way off with Josh.  Sick of seeing him sitting on the bench pouting.  Sick of the turnovers. 

They are losing as an entire organization right now.

Miller and Knox is a total killer and waste of money for our team.  They were both stupid contracts to begin with and are total waste.  Kincaid can do Knox job..as a rookie, Miller is just free money at this point l. Sure would be nice to have some recievers outside of Diggs!

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.