Taking the "Josh" out of Josh Allen's game

Returntoglory

27 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm watching Mahomes convert several 1st downs with his legs including a 3rd and 16 just now. Meanwhile our coaches have neutered our best player. I don't get it.

Seriously, if he has a wide open field and no one is a high percentage throw, take the yards. Why would we take that from him he can slide, and he's great at avoiding taking a big hit on the move.

50 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

Josh Allen is on pace to have his lowest rushing attempts in a season by a very large margin.

Changing his style of play is affecting his on field performance and his decision making process, IMHO.

I get the potential injury factor, but look at the by-product of this decision.

I feel it's constantly in his head "not to run" and his game is suffering because of this.

The number one weapon Josh has is his ability to run, and that weapon has now been silenced!

That version of Allen wasn't good enough to win. We tried it for 5 years. Maybe this version won't be good enough either, but it makes more sense than trying to Hollywood your way to a Super Bowl which we know doesn't work.

No designed runs, other than Qb sneaks, is fine by me.

It's the scrambling drill type plays, where he's "hesitating" IMO-to either run or pass.

My biggest issue is our offense has turned into a dink/dunk scheme.  Or trying too hard to attack with the run game.

We need to let Josh get his deep drops/allow the downfield routes to develop.

Just because a defense plays cover 2 against us, doesn't me we have to get rid of it under 3 seconds.  It's actually more beneficial to stretch the zone, but we've been more concerned with quick passing game/staying on schedule.  Yet we've been in more 3rd and long situations this season.

1 hour ago, Returntoglory said:

Josh Allen is on pace to have his lowest rushing attempts in a season by a very large margin.

Changing his style of play is affecting his on field performance and his decision making process, IMHO.

I get the potential injury factor, but look at the by-product of this decision.

I feel it's constantly in his head "not to run" and his game is suffering because of this.

The number one weapon Josh has is his ability to run, and that weapon has now been silenced!

Could he just ***** once throw the ball when he hits his drop instead of trying to extend every play 8 seconds? 

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

This plan or idea to make Josh a pocket passer is 90% of the offensive problems. Been saying this since the jags game 

Maybe he isn’t mentally capable at this point in his career and he need to run a watered down Lamar Jackson offense 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just let allen take over. I'd rather lose with my best player trying to carry the team than lose because Mac Jones led the team on a 75 yard drive in less than 2 minutes or because dawson knox drops a ball weekly. Just go let josh play. What's the worst that can happen? He turns it over 4 times and we add baker mayfield to Zach wilson and mac jones as qbs that beat this team? 

This team is going nowhere meaningful by containing josh. 

Taking Josh's running out of the game plan is absolutely moronic. Now defenses sit back in coverage and our Average O line doesnt protect Josh enough for him to pass let alone blow up enough people on run schemes. Its as if a spy from other teams is now on the Bills coaching staff giving bad advice to kill us from the inside. Or maybe its the "brilliance" of Ken Dorsey who has chosen to disconnect some of the fuel injectors from the Bills engine.

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Could he just ***** once throw the ball when he hits his drop instead of trying to extend every play 8 seconds? 

Maybe he isn’t mentally capable at this point in his career and he need to run a watered down Lamar Jackson offense 

I'm starting to reach the point where I just don't think he has the football IQ and brain processing power to play this game at a level that matches his physical gifts, and that lack of mental ability is hampering his physical game. We see it all the time. He almost never throws at the top of his drop, except in 2 minute drills, where he looks unstoppable. Instead, he takes a snap, locks in on the #1 read(Diggs) the whole way through, panics when they aren't immediately open, panics and breaks the pocket, and then throws an ill-advised or poor quality pass on the run.

In the 3 good games he played this season he did a lot less of that, and in the 3 terrible games he played this season, he did a ton of it. Unfortunately for him, none of this is new, but rather goes back to his college days and maybe even before.

If he's ever going to overcome this, he needs A LOT more time in the classroom and maybe therapist of some sort or even a shaman that helps him clear his mind and figure out how to process information.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.