Remember the 2021 season: Concern vs Panic

transplantbillsfan

2 hours ago, chongli said:

In 2021 we lost two in a row just once: to New England then Tampa Bay.

This is 2023. We just lost to New England, and we play Tampa Bay Thursday. Uh oh.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Wash LV 🙄? Come on. Did you see the last 3 performances? That’s a football team that is not improving.

Bookmark this and get back to me when the season ends.

Look hope I’m wrong & thing’s straighten out but this is currently a bad football team.

We now have as many losses after 7 as we did last season. Unfortunately now the meat of the schedule is coming.

Convenient to leave out Miami, but whatever proves your point as you keep moving the goalpost, right?

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Watching Mac “The Knife” Jones carving up the Bills was the last thing many thought possible.

Panic? No. Alarming? Yes.

It was a “Bradylike” performance ..

I’m starting to feel that they were fortunate that Danny Dimes never played against them last week 

• Agree 1

I’m still going to cheer this team every week and hope they turn it around. This feels different to me though. I don’t think the Bills are going anywhere this year. The D is toast. The coaching staff successfully took the Superman out of Josh and the rest of the O is mostly unreliable garbage too. 

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm concerned right now. We should all be concerned.

Stop panicking.

The Bills have a worse record than they did at this point last season. They looked inept offensively in the 1st half the last 2 weeks against 2 of the worst teams in the NFL... at least by the metrics of the moment.

But this board has a short memory.

Everyone remember us rolling into the playoffs in 2021? 4 straight wins and then that historically dominant win against the Patriots before the 13 second heartbreaker. And that was the year everyone was saying "that was our year!"

That was also the year we started with an embarrassing and surprising loss to the Steelers, won 4 in a row and then went 3-5 in our next 8 games including disgustingly shameful losses to the Jags and Colts.

Buffalo was 7-6 with 4 games remaining and it was very questionable whether we'd even make the playoffs... much less look so good for a stretch of games.

Here we are again... except it's not as dire as 2021 because we're still so early in the year. Plus, there's really no single dominant team in the NFL. First time in years there were no undefeated teams after 6 weeks.

We have a loooooOOOOooonnngg way to go this season.

giphy.gif

Agreed. I thought of the 21 season today.  Glad it's happening now and we can hopefully find a solution vs later in the year. 

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

While I didn't think saying I hadn't read your opinions so I couldn't comment would hurt and confuse you so much so I didn't know if you had your head in the sand, the fact that you cannot use big boy words and communicate and instead have to respond by nothing more than an outdated and overplayed GIF tells me exactly where your head is buried.

And it ain't in the sand, sweetheart.

giphy.gif

Convenient to leave out Miami, but whatever proves your point as you keep moving the goalpost, right?

Lamo moving the goal post? Seriously? Wins vs garbage teams like Wash LV NYG and sure ONE decent W vs the Fins. Then what? We struggled mightily vs garbage as of late.  Yeah we’re trending in the right direction.

Sure nothing to see here, all is well. Smh

Edited by PayDaBill$

13 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

The 2021 struggles were a coaching staff who couldn’t get it together, then we lost in the divisional round with the infamous 13 seconds. I don’t take much comfort in the 2021 season, because it actually showcased our shortcomings, and maybe the ceiling for this team. 

I agree with this.  That so many Bills fans claim that season as our "Super Bowl season" feels kind of alarming to me lol.  

Going back to last years 2 playoff games McDumbf**k has now been outcoached in 6 of his last 9 games and I don't really see things getting better anytime soon. For the talent this team has, this is just flat unacceptable, you can't make up a good enough excuse for this sh*tshow! McDumbf**k message has obviously run it's course and the locker room is in disarray, change is needed. What will TPegs do?

11 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Lamo moving the goal post? Seriously? Wins vs garbage teams like Wash LV NYG and sure ONE decent W vs the Fins. Then what? We struggled mightily vs garbage as of late.  Yeah we’re trending in the right direction.

Sure nothing to see here, all is well. Smh

The Chiefs have struggled in more than half their games this year. 

Watch more football.  Invest in NFL plus and go watch them against the Broncos, Jets, and Jags this year.  They just pulled out Ws in those games they slogged through.

How about the Bengals?

Watch more football.

On 10/22/2023 at 6:01 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Did the offense work back then? Did we have injuries to our best D players? Did Mac freaking Jones look like an all Pro against us? 

2 weeks ago I would have been with ya. This is now 3 straight with 2 being against horrible teams and key starters out and we lay an egg. You say some are panicking. I say some are burying their head in the sand.

The offense has been fine in the 2nd halves. In fact in the last 3 weeks they have the 2nd highest EPA/play in the NFL next to KC.

In their last 9 "real" 2nd half possessions they have 7 TDs, 1 missed FG, 1 TO on downs after moving 42 yards(Knox drop). 0 punts.

It's not quite as bad as people seem to be saying. Main issue is protection in 1st half when they can't move the ball and the D is playing decent enough and in the 2nd half the D can't get them the ball back when they go En Fuego.

It's correctable. They simply need to make whatever their adjustments are after 1 or 2 drives and not wait til the half.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, PayDaBill$ said:

Not to be a Negative Nancy did you take a peak at the upcoming  schedule?

Yep... and we beat KC and Dallas.

You take a look at our remaining schedule?

On 10/22/2023 at 12:05 PM, boyst said:

Mack Jones just threw almost 300 yards on us and we should just be concerned?

I guess I do agree. I realized in London we are a pretender and 0-1 playoff year 

Still think that???

On 10/22/2023 at 12:08 PM, Beast said:

The Bills are also playing the “easy” half of their schedule. After Thursday night, look out. 

For what??? The Buffalo Bills????

On 10/22/2023 at 12:32 PM, Dablitzkrieg said:

Give it up already.   They are toast.  

Still feel that way???

On 10/22/2023 at 3:15 PM, PayDaBill$ said:

Given the upcoming schedule, injuries, & repeated poor play I highly doubt we break 500. It’s unfortunate but I haven’t seen growth over the 7 games all I’ve seen is regression.

Sooo... you don't think we win another game????

On 10/22/2023 at 3:51 PM, PayDaBill$ said:

Wash LV 🙄? Come on. Did you see the last 3 performances? That’s a football team that is not improving.

Bookmark this and get back to me when the season ends.

Look hope I’m wrong & thing’s straighten out but this is currently a bad football team.

We now have as many losses after 7 as we did last season. Unfortunately now the meat of the schedule is coming.

Bookmarked

On 10/22/2023 at 4:11 PM, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mahomes has it locked up…6 games against raiders chargers broncos is a cheat code.  No idea what happened to those chargers and broncos defenses they have nosedived 

Man... coming back to threads like this with all the concrete declarations is hilarious. :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yep... and we beat KC and Dallas.

You take a look at our remaining schedule?

Still think that???

For what??? The Buffalo Bills????

100%. We beat a Cowboys team we matched up perfectly against to beat.

We got lucky against the Chiefs.

We folded against a falling Eagles team. 

We struggled in the 2nd half again.

We haven't had balance on the playcalling.

We will win the next two, maybe the next 3. 

We can win a playoff game but we are not an above good team. But that might be enough to get somewhere 

Still feel that way???

Bookmarked

Man... coming back to threads like this with all the concrete declarations is hilarious. :lol:

Further. There are some who overreact. Those are fine to laugh at. There are others who have or raise valid points and cause for concern. Your desire to find receipts when the bill is written is silly.

But, hey, get them endorphins 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

100%. We beat a Cowboys team we matched up perfectly against to beat.

We got lucky against the Chiefs.

We folded against a falling Eagles team. 

We struggled in the 2nd half again.

We haven't had balance on the playcalling.

We will win the next two, maybe the next 3. 

We can win a playoff game but we are not an above good team. But that might be enough to get somewhere 

Further. There are some who overreact. Those are fine to laugh at. There are others who have or raise valid points and cause for concern. Your desire to find receipts when the bill is written is silly.

But, hey, get them endorphins 

It worries me that this could be a trap game, we haven't been very successful with 8:00 games.

Didnt realize this thread was around cause i dropped off this site when its so toxic, but the 21 season has been something i have reminded myself of all season.  it was really dark after that TB game that year.  The genius of bellichek (only 3 passes in a hurricane) looked liked cowardice to me.  We needed help and we got some and won the division.  our end of the season is/was harder than 21 but now that were through cowboys and chiefs i think its clear how these seasons are similar.  McD has an incredible record in December.  rooting for this to be the year that he matches his Dec work in Jan/Feb.

On 12/19/2023 at 1:59 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Still feel that way???

Bookmarked

Lamo you’re are real Nostradamus with a take on 12/19. These statements or predictions aren’t static. What happened 11/14? The change over to Brady had a definite impact. 

Love these posts made in hindsight.🥴

Edited by PayDaBill$

2 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Lamo you’re are real Nostradamus with a take on 12/19. These statements or predictions aren’t static. What happened 11/14? The change over to Brady had a definite impact. 

Did you have to rethink this post and make it again 12 hours later for some reason?

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

Guy posted this thread took a ton of crap and is now enjoying watching it turn out and he gets to do that, you posted what you posted things looked ***** hell they actually got worse before now, no shame in thinking that just ***** own it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Guy posted this thread took a ton of crap and is now enjoying watching it turn out and he gets to do that, you posted what you posted things looked ***** hell they actually got worse before now, no shame in thinking that just ***** own it.

No kidding 

56 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You think he’d be posting had the crap storm with Dorsey continued?  

Gmab, we’re still capable of regressing & not out of the woods yet.  See  last night.  Game broke our way but dear lord that was vs a very  mediocre team, a lifer no PT backup qb and an interim coach.  

Nice we’re still in the picture but this team is still hard to figure at times.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, PayDaBill$ said:

You think he’d be posting had the crap storm with Dorsey continued?  

Gmab, we’re still capable of regressing & not out of the woods yet.  See  last night.  Game broke our way but dear lord that was vs a very  mediocre team, a lifer no PT backup qb and an interim coach.  

Nice we’re still in the picture but this team is still hard to figure at times.

Ohhh... I get it now. I just looked at the timing of your deleted post and it was during the game.

Lemme guess... you thought the Bills were going to lose so you preemptively started gloating that I was wrong and you were right and then we won so you had to delete it...

amiright???

I guess you're one of those fans. :lol:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Imagine if every poster bumped an accurate prediction? This place would be a disorganized mess. It's hilariously petty to go bumping your own thread and calling out other posters. As if the OP suffered some truma he deserves retribution for as a result of not being wrong. I wonder how many times other posters have called the OP out when he was wrong? Answers probably never because people don't go to that length of being scorned over a internet forum. 

• Eyeroll 1

On 12/24/2023 at 11:42 AM, Mikie2times said:

Imagine if every poster bumped an accurate prediction? This place would be a disorganized mess. It's hilariously petty to go bumping your own thread and calling out other posters. As if the OP suffered some truma he deserves retribution for as a result of not being wrong. I wonder how many times other posters have called the OP out when he was wrong? Answers probably never because people don't go to that length of being scorned over a internet forum. 

You must be new.

Happens here all the time.

On 12/24/2023 at 4:28 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Ohhh... I get it now. I just looked at the timing of your deleted post and it was during the game.

Lemme guess... you thought the Bills were going to lose so you preemptively started gloating that I was wrong and you were right and then we won so you had to delete it...

amiright???

I guess you're one of those fans. :lol:

Lmfao you’re a regular Kreskin.

You still aren’t right.

Like I’ve repeatedly said this team improved and got a bump with Brady (somewhat) but the offensive is still far from clicking on all cylinders and this team has a lot to figure out on both sides of the ball.

Pretty much all my comments made while KD was the OC were spot on & pretty much still very relevant today.

Glad you’re such a revisionist thinker 🥴

Edited by PayDaBill$

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.