Bills @ Patriots Game thread - 2nd half

Simon

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’re obviously both struggling so it doesn’t make a lot of sense goin back and forth but it does seem like every time the bills punch in a big time momentum changing td the defense completely folds no matter what time in the game it is 

That does happen sometimes but far more often the defense is either playing excellent or keeping us in games l, while the offense sputters for huge chunks of time.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

18 minutes ago, juno999 said:

No one on offense is hurt and they've played like crap for 3 straight games.  Come on now.  Quit making excuses for these guys.  

Did you hear me say the Offense looked great today? No, I didn't think so.

Even still, we put up 25. On a bad day. But our Defense being in the shape it's in, gave up 29 against a 1-5 team. To me, that's the bigger issue long term.

The offense has the players to bounce back. On Defense, I think it just is what it is.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

We are somewhat speaking the same language, but at the end of the day you scored 25 points against a BB defence.

Should be more than enough to win when you’re going against a team who averages 12 PPG

Yeah I think we are but I can at least see where missing Tre, Milano, Jones and Oliver is a valid challenge.  So you need the offense to lead the way and we once again put it on the defense.  

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

That does happen sometimes but far more often the defense is either playing excellent or keeping us in games l, while the offense sputters for huge chunks of time.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to pin it all on the defense but they just can’t get anyone off the field and occasionally come up with a big turnover which i don’t think is sustainable and that shows up in moments like this.  Pretty mediocre at best offenses have been marching up and down the field on this defense for weeks now. 

offense would’ve had to carry them with all the injuries and they haven’t even been remotely close to doing that.  Bass is missing kicks too it’s just an absolute sh*tshow

i had no confidence they’d keep the pats out of fg range on that final drive going into it and a td certainly wasn’t out of the question 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, White Linen said:

Yeah I think we are but I can at least see where missing Tre, Milano, Jones and Oliver is a valid challenge.  So you need the offense to lead the way and we once again put it on the defense.  

It’s not like the defence stopped them though.. lol.

Like last week if the bills lost I would agree as they stopped them many of times.

But the defence only stopped NE from scoring points TWICE today, with 5 plus minute drives time after time.

That’s unacceptable, injuries or not

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

Well that was part of my point. Key guys aren’t getting any younger especially defensively and we have no real identity on either side of the ball. You let soft ass Mac jones go right down the field, a team that was 1-5 and going nowhere. Division or not, this was a joke of a loss for a supposed contender

A couple years ago, the Bills destroyed the Pats in a playoff game.  Hyde made possibly the best defensive play I've ever seen.  And today Hyde got his name  mentioned ONCE for a good play.  Poyer made a good play forcing a fumble but except for when he missed tackles he was mostly invisible.  Back in the day no team would shred the Bills D so easily.  I don't know if Rapp is a valid replacement for either, but the Bills really need to find two starting safeties going forward.  Just the need to replace two safeties, however, is not a reason to tear the team down and start over.  

What I really think happened is that Jacksonville figured out now to stop the Bills O, the Giants did it too, and so Belichick had the blueprint.  If Dorsey can't come up with new schemes, the O is going to struggle for the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to pin it all on the defense but they just can’t get anyone off the field and occasionally come up with a big turnover which i don’t think is sustainable and that shows up in moments like this.  

offense would’ve had to carry them with all the injuries and they haven’t even been remotely close to doing that.  

I just have to disagree.   The defense consistently took the Jaguars and Giants off the field.  They caused the fumble that gave us a chance today.  

The defense needed the offense to be up 13-3 but we stunk.  

16 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

At the end of the day all they had to do was stop them with 1:50, but they couldn’t.

Offence was bad but scored when it mattered most.

Defence was bad throughout and couldn’t stop them when it mattered most 

Defense was bad for sure but look at this and tell me which side of the ball has been the problem the past 3 weeks?

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

It’s not like the defence stopped them though.. lol.

Like last week if the bills lost I would agree as they stopped them many of times.

But the defence only stopped NE from scoring points TWICE today, with 5 plus minute drives time after time.

That’s unacceptable, injuries or not

Interception on the 1st offensive play.  Missed a 51 yd field goal giving excellent field position and forced a punt. Turnover on downs led to a TD.  The offense stunk my brother. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, White Linen said:

Interception on the 1st offensive play.  Missed a 51 yd field goal giving excellent field position and forced a punt. Turnover on downs led to a TD.  The offense stunk my brother. 

No disagreement. But at the end of the day they got 25 points and defence couldn’t stop the worst O in the nfl who averages 12 ppg with 1:50.

Those^ are facts 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It was a total team collapse and when that’s the case, then it falls on the coaching staff.

3 flat games in a row not including the jets game.

More than half of the games this year have been BAD. Let that sink in 

Just now, Utah John said:

Watching the Chiefs-Chargers game.  The Chiefs O is doing what we got used to the Bills O doing.  Play after play, clutch throws and runs.  

Please don’t make that comparison. They have the best and fattest offensive coordinator in the league 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Did you hear me say the Offense looked great today? No, I didn't think so.

Even still, we put up 25. On a bad day. But our Defense being in the shape it's in, gave up 29 against a 1-5 team. To me, that's the bigger issue long term.

The offense has the players to bounce back. On Defense, I think it just is what it is.

Did you hear me?  I said the offense played like crap for 3 straight games.

29 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to pin it all on the defense but they just can’t get anyone off the field and occasionally come up with a big turnover which i don’t think is sustainable and that shows up in moments like this.  Pretty mediocre at best offenses have been marching up and down the field on this defense for weeks now. 

offense would’ve had to carry them with all the injuries and they haven’t even been remotely close to doing that.  Bass is missing kicks too it’s just an absolute sh*tshow

i had no confidence they’d keep the pats out of fg range on that final drive going into it and a td certainly wasn’t out of the question 

Well maybe if the offense would stop going 3 and out and playing like total ***** for the 1st half - week in and week out.  Why is it to much to ask these guys to prepare for a game and show up actually ready to play instead of flying by the seat of the pants 

37 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If you think the refs were bad in the Bills game (as I do) you can't imagine how lousy they are in the Colts-Browns game.

They were beyond corrupt in that game.   These guys have to be on the take with how many controversial calls are made that truly alter the games outcome. Of course that fing inept Commissioner and the leagues ref leadership won't do anything or investigate it.  This has been the worst year I can recall for game altering decisions.  Lets be honest we got the refs to help us last week against the Giants.  I am all for ripping the refs, but we also need to acknowledge that we are often at the end of getting ref assistance. To deny that is ludicrous. 

19 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

It was a total team collapse and when that’s the case, then it falls on the coaching staff.

3 flat games in a row not including the jets game.

More than half of the games this year have been BAD. Let that sink in 

Please don’t make that comparison. They have the best and fattest offensive coordinator in the league 

And don’t forget we basically traded Mahomes for Allen 

30 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Are we talking 3 weeks or this game?

I was strictly talking this game

talking about the aggregate. 

Being on the field for the last 3 games 100 minutes of 160 minutes adds up and you are playing 5 players that are back ups.

They are hurting all over on the defense and have been on the field for more time than you want when you are a high powered offense that can sustain drives, or at least they used to be that type of offense.

• Agree 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

talking about the aggregate. 

Being on the field for the last 3 games 100 minutes of 160 minutes adds up and you are playing 5 players that are back ups.

They are hurting all over on the defense and have been on the field for more time than you want when you are a high powered offense that can sustain drives, or at least they used to be that type of offense.

3 games , 2 of them on the offence.

This game? Mostly D

If someone told me before the game bills scored 25 points I would take it.

If someone told me bills “held” NE to 29 points, I would not take it.

That’s the way I look at it

21 minutes ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Well maybe if the offense would stop going 3 and out and playing like total ***** for the 1st half - week in and week out.  Why is it to much to ask these guys to prepare for a game and show up actually ready to play instead of flying by the seat of the pants 

This loss was a total team effort it just doesn’t make sense to me to single out one thing.  The last few weeks any time the offense shows up the defense disappears and vice versa…special teams has rarely shown up either 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

3 games , 2 of them on the offence.

This game? Mostly D

If someone told me before the game bills scored 25 points I would take it.

If someone told me bills “held” NE to 29 points, I would not take it.

That’s the way I look at it

again, the last two games the defense did what it had to do to keep the bills in the game and they won one and lost one, this game, they were without more players and the offense did nothing for almost 3 qtrs while the depleted defense was gassed because of the offense going 5/12 on 3rd down with no good play calling until Allen started running a hurry up in the 4th.

I'll give McD the benefit in this game because everyone was gassed but the offense deserves no room at this point.  Something is off and I think it starts with Dorsey and/or Allen.  One is going to go at some point and it's not Allen.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

again, the last two games the defense did what it had to do to keep the bills in the game and they won one and lost one, this game, they were without more players and the offense did nothing for almost 3 qtrs while the depleted defense was gassed because of the offense going 5/12 on 3rd down with no good play calling until Allen started running a hurry up in the 4th.

I'll give McD the benefit in this game because everyone was gassed but the offense deserves no room at this point.  Something is off and I think it starts with Dorsey and/or Allen.  One is going to go at some point and it's not Allen.

Ok so you’re saying the poor defence this game was in result in the offence not being able to sustain drives the past two games.

Maybe you’re right,  but All I know  the defence was horrific today against the worst O in the NFL 

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Why would you give McD the benefit of the doubt? I don't understand this rational. His team is 4-3 and hasn't been prepared to play for three straight games.