Milano and Daquan to IR. Klein signed.

Gambit

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Disagree. You don’t win SBs being safe. Klein will get picked on in coverage. See what they kid can do first then come back to Klein if need be. Or use Klein in obvious run situations. 

Hit it on the head, he’ll get picked apart by an average team and it certainly won’t be pretty against the Mahomes of the world. 

Think the only way you can go about it where he isn’t an absolute liability if you can’t sub him for definitive pass defense packages is to kinda flip the script what they do with 58&43. You send Klein on the blitz and have Bernard do the Milano role.

I know blitzing LB’s isn’t typical for us but when it comes to one or the other the tendency was to send 43. Might as well send an extra guy if Klein is stuck on the field…

Edited by BBFL
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

If the whole story was told in just W's and L's then you could. but some of the more optimistic folks here have come over to the dark side to see we are a flawed team. it's in the nuances of the game that are so vital that cause us to realize there are flaws.

in the recent nfl, for example, the play is almost always won before the snap. the personnel, the lineup, the movement, the reads all win most of the plays before the snap. even the prep, game plan, and buildup heading into Sundays are a factor. we aren't winning before the snap.

i got a great quote for this.

"if you're last, you ain't first." Ricky Rudd - Days of Thunder

You claim there is more nuance than W’s and L’s but then continue to simply use phrases like, “we are a flawed team.”

There has never been a truly perfect team. All teams have flaws. Is there not nuance there as well?

Your assertion (in a separate comment) that this team is poorly coached is reactionary at best. Just one short week ago, many lauded the impressive win over Miami; pointing out that coaching played a significant role in achieving such a victory.

The odds may have worsened, but this team still has a reasonable chance to win it all this season. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What is the earliest they could be designated to return?  8 weeks?

Not expecting them to be ready, just curious how long IR is now.

Has there been an announcement yet regarding if it is Milanos knee, as well as the broken leg?  If it is broken leg only, he may return in time for the playoffs.  If it is knee as well, his season is over.

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

You claim there is more nuance than W’s and L’s but then continue to simply use phrases like, “we are a flawed team.”

There has never been a truly perfect team. All teams have flaws. Is there not nuance there as well?

Your assertion (in a separate comment) that this team is poorly coached is reactionary at best. Just one short week ago, many lauded the impressive win over Miami; pointing out that coaching played a significant role in achieving such a victory.

The odds may have worsened, but this team still has a reasonable chance to win it all this season. 

The problem is the Bills are horrifically inconsistent. Yes, they looked great against the Dolphins but the performance against the Jaguars was horrific, particularly on offense. And, considering the talent they have on offense, they should be consistently better than they are.

52 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'm not talking about the playoffs. i am talking about winning the super bowl. i am talking about the regular season until then.

find the wins:

Giants

@Patriots

Bucs

@Bengals

Broncos

Jets

@Eagles

@Chiefs

Cowboys

@Chargers

Patriots

@Dolphins

Between the Chiefs, Eagles and Cowboys - there is likely 2 losses there. The Bengals are getting into stride, could lose that. Traveling west we usually don't fair well against the Chargers, and between them and the Jets I could see a loss there.

Then the motivation topping off the season for Miami who could be playing for first place and a revenge game? I could see a loss in Miami.

It's easy to see 4 losses there.

That puts us on the road against Miami, Cinci, Kansas City, and everyone.

How does McDermott fair on the road in the playoffs?

We could run the table, and it wouldn't be some huge surprise.

There isn't a team in the AFC that is measurably better than the Bills.  Most nationally had us as the top team in the AFC after we beat Miami. That changes dramatically because we lost Milano & Jones?  

Looking at that schedule, I could see a good run up through the Eagles game. I'm NOT afraid of KC this year; it's the weakest team they've had in the Mahomes era.  The Cowboys aren't a good team.  That stretch doesn't look nearly as hard as it did a month ago.

If Williams & Ford aren't up to the task, I'm wrong about our prospects. But I think they'll be solid, our D will still be one of the best in the league, and we'll win more than some fans here think.  The 1 seed is still on the table.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

There isn't a team in the AFC that is measurably better than the Bills.  Most nationally had us as the top team in the AFC after we beat Miami. That changes dramatically because we lost Milano & Jones?  

Looking at that schedule, I could see a good run up through the Eagles game. I'm NOT afraid of KC this year; it's the weakest team they've had in the Mahomes era.  The Cowboys aren't a good team.  That stretch doesn't look nearly as hard as it did a month ago.

If Williams & Ford aren't up to the task, I'm wrong about our prospects. But I think they'll be solid, our D will still be one of the best in the league, and we'll win more than some fans here think.  The 1 seed is still on the table.

100% agree.  Even though we dismantled the Dolphins, I am more afraid of them.  If McDermott can slow the offense twice, without our two best defensive players....I mean that would be incredible.

The Dolphins just have so much firepower that it just takes a big play or two to stretch our defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Heck you can move on to the hockey season, already have it figured out. This saves me a ton of money not having to pay stream services to watch! Thank you sir!

if you're paying for streaming then message me and i will tell you how to avoid the cost.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

we are a fatally flawed team and falling at terminal velocity at this point.

the nuances of why i think this are a bit much to get into but i can easily do so. i've touched on them across many posts and across many threads. they range from the top with beane not providing what mcdermott needs and that maybe because mcdermott and coaching do not know what they need to begin with. We drafted Elam, Williams, and Basham, Spector, and others who have mightly struggled. It is early on Williams but, again, the nuances i saw, he isn't ready this year.

I will begin using caps to make it easier to begin.

Beane gets us players we do not and cannot use and has for a while.

Coaching is flawed because McDermott is not a good head coach and that was shown after the near mutiny in KC.

Dorsey is a great QB Coach and a struggling OC young in his career which isn't going well

Josh is his own liability and maybe wise to the fact he needs to protect his longevity over the sugar josh - so we are seeing him learn to play a new game.

the offense, in our own little vacuum, is so great! we have guys like Harty and Sherfield who are going to be all pro you'd believe... but combined the two of them haven't offered as much as McKenzie did in his career. even if you combine the two. skill positions we have Davis who is about average for a 2nd or 3rd wr. we have james cook who is doing well but not top 5; and if you're not top 5 in this league at RB you're JAG. Knox and Kincaid are underutilized. lots of flaws there, and we over celebrate our OL who is also playing well.

on defense - back to coaching... we keep throwing out guys in positions to fail. we keep running schemes and designs that do not work with the personnel we have in an adapting league that eats our style up. we have old safeties, we have no depth left at cb. we have a few good pass rushers but very few overall quality lineman.

a lot of it comes down to us winning games because we have a lot of talent in positions and those players step up from time to time to win - but we have Josh Allen who maybe one of the top 10 athletes in the NFL of all time with his abilities.

i can break it down even more if you'd like....like, true nuances on why hyde didn't do well on his coverage of ridley on the long completion, or james cook struggling the rest of the year, or kincaid being a non-factor based on his understanding of nfl seams, coverages, and open spaces.

19 minutes ago, Success said:

see, and you're not wrong. i 100% agree. we could, we could definitely do so because we have a lot of great players but as a team we are not what the Eagles were last year, what the Bengals were 2 years ago, what the Chiefs were the last few years =  complimentary units.

we could run the table, could win lots of big games but we can do that and still be fatally flawed. we could limp by with terrible wounds and survive to the superbowl and pull that off... but we still have gaping weaknesses.  parity being what it is then we have to simply wait and see if we can outlast other teams with our wounds.

hopefully, it's just a flesh wound!

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We should be able to beat the Giants with Kyle Allen starting if necessary though.  The next three weeks should easily be wins, even with whatever woes anyone sees us as having, none of the teams that we face over the next three weeks are any better than we are right now.  

the Bucs are a pretty good team overall. and will likely give us some trouble I’m thinking.

17 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Too bad we don't have Eli Ankou anymore. I'm certain we would've called him up.

this was a huge mistake.

to have went to London with Miller on a pitch count, on turf was a mistake. ankou could have been added to the active roster until miller was ready to play at home, or in a safe envirnoment. getting him early didnt' do any favors. he's played enough to know what he is doing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.