NFL Trade Deadline Oct 31 - Rumored List of Players Available

ngbills

9 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Mahomes Kelce Reid

Tyreek Waddle McDaniels

Deebo McCaffery Shanahan

Allen Diggs ???????

Sometimes it’s 3 great players. Some times it’s two and a coach 

McDaniel? What has he shown that makes him elite? He’s 0-2 against teams with winning records this year and Miami faded big time the second half of last year when teams figured him out. If he’s elite, what terms are you using for the coaches who are above him, McDermott included 

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm saying you cherry pick what people say. In particular you saying that all I said was "I hear what you're saying" and then disregarded it with more stats.

Like I said, he will naturally drop some from 22nd in yardage and 4th in TD's. But he's not going to drop from 22nd to bottom of the league. He's consistently been at the top of WR2 metrics, outranking some #1's all season.

And where are you getting these 28th and 40 numbers? He's 22 amongst WR's (lists include Kelce at TE) everywhere:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=receiving&season=2023&seasonType=reg&sort=rec_yyds&sortOrder=desc

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/receiving.htm

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2023/REG/all/receivingyards/DESC

Like another poster has said in response to you - is he Elite? No. Is it possible to have a better WR opposite Diggs? Yes. But it's way more uncommon to have a better WR2 than Davis than you're letting on.

There aren't "way more" teams with a better WR2 than Davis. There may be ones you personally would prefer because it's quite clear with your posts all year that you are not a fan of his. Like the poster said, you have absolutely nothing positive to say and go out of your way to shoot down anyone who has anything remotely positive to say.

In a way, I get what you and Happy are saying. You want to win a Super Bowl and you both feel that to do so, having just one guy who is considered a top tier WR that would be a #1 on most teams is a must. 

But just because Davis isn't Diggs, doesn't mean he's not a good WR2. The metrics prove he is. He's just not a WR1.

Dude you’re getting trolled.  His schtick is to always be negative about the Bills.  For Pete’s sake his screen name is a complaint about the offensive line.

He is always going on about how poorly Beane has run the Bills. Ok that’s an opinion.  In a separate thread that he started he goes on and on about how superior the Yankees are, citing an above .500 streak for a team that hasn’t come close to winning it all in a long time.  Ok that’s an opinion too.  But….are both those opinions realistically simultaneously held by someone who is not simply trolling?  Shirley.

• Haha (+1) 1

Wasn’t on this train BUT

derrick Henry has to be on Bills radar and get done

you win by scoring points in the redzone

henry solves a major problem inside the 5 - even if it’s a stupid shotgun hand off but I think that will get canned by the expression of McDermott last game - his utter disappointment on that 3rd down draw handoff spoke volumes “Ken you need to scrap that now”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Wasn’t on this train BUT

derrick Henry has to be on Bills radar and get done

you win by scoring points in the redzone

henry solves a major problem inside the 5 - even if it’s a stupid shotgun hand off but I think that will get canned by the expression of McDermott last game - his utter disappointment on that 3rd down draw handoff spoke volumes “Ken you need to scrap that now”

henry is one of the worst goal line backs. He’s too tall

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

McDaniel? What has he shown that makes him elite? He’s 0-2 against teams with winning records this year and Miami faded big time the second half of last year when teams figured him out. If he’s elite, what terms are you using for the coaches who are above him, McDermott included 

We were talking specifically about offense. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team/miami-dolphins/stats

It’s okay to acknowledge their success is largely do to scheme. Numerous NFL personnel and media do as much. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

19 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

We were talking specifically about offense. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/team/miami-dolphins/stats

It’s okay to acknowledge their success is largely do to scheme. Numerous NFL personnel and media do as much. 

But his teams haven’t shown up in their biggest, toughest games since he has become the head coach 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm saying you cherry pick what people say. In particular you saying that all I said was "I hear what you're saying" and then disregarded it with more stats.

Like I said, he will naturally drop some from 22nd in yardage and 4th in TD's. But he's not going to drop from 22nd to bottom of the league. He's consistently been at the top of WR2 metrics, outranking some #1's all season.

And where are you getting these 28th and 40 numbers? He's 22 amongst WR's (lists include Kelce at TE) everywhere:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=receiving&season=2023&seasonType=reg&sort=rec_yyds&sortOrder=desc

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/receiving.htm

https://www.nfl.com/stats/player-stats/category/receiving/2023/REG/all/receivingyards/DESC

Like another poster has said in response to you - is he Elite? No. Is it possible to have a better WR opposite Diggs? Yes. But it's way more uncommon to have a better WR2 than Davis than you're letting on.

There aren't "way more" teams with a better WR2 than Davis. There may be ones you personally would prefer because it's quite clear with your posts all year that you are not a fan of his. Like the poster said, you have absolutely nothing positive to say and go out of your way to shoot down anyone who has anything remotely positive to say.

In a way, I get what you and Happy are saying. You want to win a Super Bowl and you both feel that to do so, having just one guy who is considered a top tier WR that would be a #1 on most teams is a must. 

But just because Davis isn't Diggs, doesn't mean he's not a good WR2. The metrics prove he is. He's just not a WR1.

Let me help you understand how to use the pro-football-reference table.

Click on the statistical category at the top of the table and it re-ranks the players for that statistic.

Yards per game.............Gabe Davis tied for 40th-41st with Darren Waller.

That is OBVIOUSLY where it comes from.

What's pertinent is per game stats...........because the Bills have played 1 more game than 20 teams and 2 more games than 11 teams.

In a 6-8 game sample size 1-2 less games is 12.5%-25% less opportunity than Bills players have had to put up bulk stats.   Yes it significantly impacts where a player ranks in bulk stats and we won't have an even read on that until the last teams have their bye week and every TEAM has played the same amount of games.

Understand? 

Did you really think that Gabe has been playing as well as Garrett Wilson because he has some bulk stats that are very similar?   The Jets have only played 6 games.:doh:   

How can you still be confused about this and still keep bringing up "league rank" in bulk stat numbers?  :lol: 

Edited by BADOLBILZ

15 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

But his teams haven’t shown up in their biggest, toughest games since he has become the head coach 

Sure. They dropped ones to the Bills and Eagles. Every team has lost and not shown up. It doesn’t mean they aren’t set up to be a fantastic offense.

Last year battled through QB injuries and despite terrible play in the WC vs us, still almost managed to lose by -3 with a back up QB

They have Pats and Chiefs up next, whose defenses are good to great. We’ll see. 

20 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let me help you understand how to use the pro-football-reference table.

Click on the statistical category at the top of the table and it re-ranks the players for that statistic.

Yards per game.............Gabe Davis tied for 40th-41st with Darren Waller.

That is OBVIOUSLY where it comes from.

What's pertinent is per game stats...........because the Bills have played 1 more game than 20 teams and 2 more games than 11 teams.

In a 6-8 game sample size 1-2 less games is 12.5%-25% less opportunity than Bills players have had to put up bulk stats.   Yes it significantly impacts where a player ranks in bulk stats and we won't have an even read on that until the last teams have their bye week and every TEAM has played the same amount of games.

Understand? 

Did you really think that Gabe has been playing as well as Garrett Wilson because he has some bulk stats that are very similar?   The Jets have only played 6 games.:doh:   

How can you still be confused about this and still keep bringing up "league rank" in bulk stat numbers?  :lol: 

BADWR2BILZ amirite?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh McDaniels had a meeting with frustrated leaders of the raiders namely Davante Adams, Josh Jacobs, and Maxx Crosby….if there was ever a defensive player who was meant to play in front of Bills fans it is Maxx Crosby. 

He did just over a month ago.😉

7 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh McDaniels had a meeting with frustrated leaders of the raiders namely Davante Adams, Josh Jacobs, and Maxx Crosby….if there was ever a defensive player who was meant to play in front of Bills fans it is Maxx Crosby. 

The head coach having to meet with a team’s only star players to convince them to keep playing is worse than the dreaded “players only meeting.”

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

So, (considering the thread topic) what do you think about a trade for Renfro?😉

Doesnt really move the needle for me. The money could be right, and the compensation might be minimal. I’m just not sure his value/production is anything that we don’t already have.

A trade for a legit WR2 is not likely. To me, he’s a WR3…and we already have about 4 of those 

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Doesnt really move the needle for me. The money could be right, and the compensation might be minimal. I’m just not sure his value/production is anything that we don’t already have.

A trade for a legit WR2 is not likely. To me, he’s a WR3…and we already have about 4 of those 

And one of them is named Gabe Davis.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

What about Pittman or Juedy?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.