Israel and the Slaughter in Gaza

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve heard this elsewhere, that Israelis will notify a stike in advance and Hamas will somehow deter evacuations… they are brutal and don’t care about life, not even their own people. 

They are as complete scum as any organization can be. The worst of the worst. I think ISIS joined their ranks 

• Like (+1) 2

Who knows if this is true, but I'm sure the families feel the terror in the message 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/13/israel-gaza-war-updates-hamas-palestine/#link-IZPUZWLDRBBMRAZ6GEIJDPBCHM

Hamas said 13 hostages, including foreign nationals, were killed during Israeli strikes. The statement could not be independently verified. Israel says Hamas took more than 100 hostages during its cross-border assault.

• Haha (+1) 1

Allow me to begin by saying Hamas is evil. They’re barbaric and despicable. What they’ve done is inexcusable. Occupied or not you don’t do these things to innocent people or any people for that matter. 

Having said that I can’t but help but to think this was all planned by both Hamas and Israel. They’re together in this. 

Are we just gonna pretend like Netanyahu wasn’t funding Hamas? And we’re gonna act like it’s ok that Netanyahu lied about being warned about an incoming attack? And that 1,000 to 2,000 terrorist militants freely got passed one of the most secured borders in the world with little to no opposition for up to 6 hours in some areas? So much so that Hamas knew they had time to rape and pillage? We’re supposed to believe the iron dome system suddenly failed to the extent that it did on the 6th? On the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur war? We’re supposed to believe all that? That’s a whole lot of leeway to be giving someone. 

And now there’s this…

‘Israeli intelligence the night before the Hamas attack picked up signs of irregular activity among Hamas operatives in Gaza but top IDF and Shin Bet leaders decided not to put military forces on the borders of the enclave on high alert’

‘Now’s not the time for us to figure out why and how our intelligence let us down’, huh? It absolutely is the time. Don’t shoot first and ask questions later! It’ll be too late by then. All these issues above need to be investigated. But hey… Hamas has a charter! It’s amazing to me how some of you guys just sweep all of these things under the rug nonchalantly. 

We as a society are lost. It’s been a minute since I been here and since then we’ve been arguing over what’s a boy and what’s a girl, how many genders there are, what books we can and can’t read, whether we should get vaccinated or not, if the news is fake or not, school shootings and the 2nd amendment, inflation and the causes… all these issues and you’re worried about Israel? Lol. Unreal. 

Israel will be just fine. It’s time we take care of our own issues. I hope they wipe out Hamas. I really do. All they have to do is stop paying them.

At the bare minimum this is a land grab. At the worst this is the opening stages of WW3. All this can easily be avoided if we just minded our own business. We have enough problems of our own. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Justice said:

Allow me to begin by saying Hamas is evil. They’re barbaric and despicable. What they’ve done is inexcusable. Occupied or not you don’t do these things to innocent people or any people for that matter. 

Having said that I can’t but help but to think this was all planned by both Hamas and Israel. They’re together in this. 

Are we just gonna pretend like Netanyahu wasn’t funding Hamas? And we’re gonna act like it’s ok that Netanyahu lied about being warned about an incoming attack? And that 1,000 to 2,000 terrorist militants freely got passed one of the most secured borders in the world with little to no opposition for up to 6 hours in some areas? So much so that Hamas knew they had time to rape and pillage? We’re supposed to believe the iron dome system suddenly failed to the extent that it did on the 6th? On the 50th anniversary of the Yom Kippur war? We’re supposed to believe all that? That’s a whole lot of leeway to be giving someone. 

And now there’s this…

‘Israeli intelligence the night before the Hamas attack picked up signs of irregular activity among Hamas operatives in Gaza but top IDF and Shin Bet leaders decided not to put military forces on the borders of the enclave on high alert’

‘Now’s not the time for us to figure out why and how our intelligence let us down’, huh? It absolutely is the time. Don’t shoot first and ask questions later! It’ll be too late by then. All these issues above need to be investigated. But hey… Hamas has a charter! It’s amazing to me how some of you guys just sweep all of these things under the rug nonchalantly. 

We as a society are lost. It’s been a minute since I been here and since then we’ve been arguing over what’s a boy and what’s a girl, how many genders there are, what books we can and can’t read, whether we should get vaccinated or not, if the news is fake or not, school shootings and the 2nd amendment, inflation and the causes… all these issues and you’re worried about Israel? Lol. Unreal. 

Israel will be just fine. It’s time we take care of our own issues. I hope they wipe out Hamas. I really do. All they have to do is stop paying them.

At the bare minimum this is a land grab. At the worst this is the opening stages of WW3. All this can easily be avoided if we just minded our own business. We have enough problems of our own. 

You probably should have just stopped after the first paragraph.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, yall said:

You probably should have just stopped after the first paragraph.

Why? I mean on the 6th Israel had no idea where Hamas was but now they know about every runnel, building, hospital, school and mosque they’re hiding in? Are we supposed to believe they were dumb and blind but now they can see?

Israelis were not happy with Netanyahu prior to this. They were protesting in masses. What a convenient time for all of this to happen. 

You don’t have to listen to me about this. Former PM Olmert said so himself about the financing of Hamas. It’s a fact we know Israel lied about being warned by Egypt. Former Israeli soldiers said there’s no way in hell the Israelis didn’t know thousands of terrorists are approaching the border walls, we also know Iron Dome has never failed like this before. These are all facts that can not be overlooked. 

We’re getting suckered into another needless war. Last time it was Iraq. This time it will be Iran. I’m not falling for it. 

3 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

The Israeli news reported the Israelis admitted to being warned. I have Israeli TV news. I heard it for myself. Get real with this wack source. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, muppy said:

I'm not saying I disagree with the bolded. I think they should be sought out and exterminated like vermin. But my question is the logistics of accomplishing that. Wouldn't they be just like mice/vermin .....the one you see means 50 more hiding?

I just can't see how to extinguish a group like that. It's a serious question. Thoughts?

as luck would have it I did hear a pundit speak to my question. And specifically what he thought Israel will do. That is target their leadership. Try to attack and attempt to "cut the head off the snake" philosophy. It reads logical anyway.   

But if eliminating radical groups was an exact science they'd have taken out ISIS  by now. It honestly can't be done. Its a matter of their strength. Try to eliminate their numbers and then their influence is then diminished 

war tactics and philosophy 101 @-@  Sucks to need to think and learn about this.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Justice said:

The Israeli news reported the Israelis admitted to being warned. I have Israeli TV news. I heard it for myself. Get real with this wack source. 

I don't have Israeli TV. Is there some other article youve seen that doesn't stem from Mike McCall's statement? Not trying to be argumentative here, but it would not be at all uncommon to receive warnings that violence might break out on the border during the Jewish Holiday. It's a big leap to equate that to "they were in on it"

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Kinda like Trump negotiating with the Taliban; releasing 5,000 terrorists and giving away Afghanistan to known terrorists?

Yep

Dear lord Billsy, do you check the hole in the outhouse for Trump every time you cop a squat?

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Dear lord Billsy, do you check the hole in the outhouse for Trump every time you cop a squat?

It's exactly what he did... sorry you can't find common ground there.

You claim not to have voted for Conald but you certainly get triggered anytime someone pisses all over him.

Just now, BillStime said:

It's exactly what he did... sorry you can't find common ground there.

You claim not to have voted for Conald but you certainly get triggered anytime someone pisses all over him.

Says the guy or trans or woman who voted for joke bribem knowing he is a compulsive liar and a criminal. Touché billslime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

14 minutes ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

I don't have Israeli TV. Is there some other article youve seen that doesn't stem from Mike McCall's statement? Not trying to be argumentative here, but it would not be at all uncommon to receive warnings that violence might break out on the border during the Jewish Holiday. It's a big leap to equate that to "they were in on it"

It was all over the place yesterday. It’s somewhere in this thread too. I get that. I understand what you’re saying but the issue I have is their initial inclination was to lie about it. Now THAT I can’t understand. That’s smells bad to me. 

7 minutes ago, Justice said:

It was all over the place yesterday. It’s somewhere in this thread too. I get that. I understand what you’re saying but the issue I have is their initial inclination was to lie about it. Now THAT I can’t understand. That’s smells bad to me. 

It sounded like "something is going to happen" which is about as non-descript a warning as you can give.  Kind of like (before 9/11) "Al Qaeda is going to strike the US somewhere, sometime."

And Israel wasn't in on this.  They've been trying to work with Hamas as best as they can and then they pulled this.  Now Hezbollah is going to get involved.  It's been a long time coming and it's going to be bad horrible.

Edited by Doc

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I heard about the Egypt warning but the thing is, Israel is a dangerous place, a Jewish majority country in the Middle East, they probably get warnings all the time. Like possibly every week, certainly every holiday.  Life has to go on, they can't respond to every warning

Agreed but to the extent this was ignored? I’ve been there. I know the lay of the land by the border walls. They used drones, they have satellites, they have motion detectors and if all else fails they have bunkers manned with armed personnel with their eyes on the walls at all times. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

It sounded like "something is going to happen" which is about as non-descript a warning as you can give.  

And Israel wasn't in on this.  They've been trying to work with Hamas as best as they can and then they pulled this.  Now Hezbollah is going to get involved.  It's been a long time coming and it's going to be bad horrible.

Then why lie about the warnings? 

1 minute ago, Justice said:

Then why lie about the warnings? 

If there is no real intel about when, where and how, it's not really a warning.  Now if they were told all that and they ignored it, that's different.

Edited by Doc
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Justice said:

Once again why lie?

If Egypt didn't tell them when, where and how it was going to happen, they didn't lie about it.  Again "something is going to happen" isn't a real warning for a place like Israel.

The above conspiracy theory regarding Netanyahu is simply crazy.

Shin Bet, which is their domestic intel operation and responsible for the Gaza border has done what all western countries have done, which is rely more and more on electronic surveillance.

These "warnings" occur all the time across all services.

They screwed it up because they underestimated Hamas, thought that there new jobs program would pull the Palestinians away from Hamas, and didn't give proper attention to things that they obviously saw, like these stupid para things.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

If Egypt didn't tell them when, where and how it was going to happen, they didn't lie about it.  Again "something is going to happen" isn't a real warning for a place like Israel.

Wow. I see what I’m dealing with here. Gotcha. 

They were warned and the Israelis lied about being warned. Period. Doesn’t matter if they had details or not. 

And we’re supposed to believe Egypt has better intelligence than Israel? lol. Come on. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Justice said:

Wow. I see what I’m dealing with here. Gotcha. 

They were warned and the Israelis lied about being warned. Period. Doesn’t matter if they had details or not. 

And we’re supposed to believe Egypt has better intelligence than Israel? lol. Come on. 

Right back at you.  You're the one claiming Israel is in bed with Hamas. :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The above conspiracy theory regarding Netanyahu is simply crazy.

Shin Bet, which is their domestic intel operation and responsible for the Gaza border has done what all western countries have done, which is rely more and more on electronic surveillance.

These "warnings" occur all the time across all services.

They screwed it up because they underestimated Hamas, thought that there new jobs program would pull the Palestinians away from Hamas, and didn't give proper attention to things that they obviously saw, like these stupid para things.

You don’t have to take my word for it. Just listen to the former Israeli soldiers that said this is impossible. It’s all over the internet. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Right back at you.  You're the one claiming Israel is in bed with Hamas. :lol: 

Olmert said Netanyahu ‘gave hundreds of millions of dollars’ to Hamas. 

1 hour ago, Justice said:

And now there’s this…

Welcome to 2023, in which everything bad that happens must be explained by a wacko conspiracy theory.

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Justice said:

Thanks for the reply, and I don't discount your skepticism. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

CC: @Tenhigh

@Westside what is the need for the trans nonsense? It's counterproductive to the discussion. 

Billsy, I have no issue with telling people of any race creed or color to stop being asshats. Now that you see I can tell people on "my side" to knock off the insults,  can you knock them off yourself?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Welcome to 2023, in which everything bad that happens must be explained by a wacko conspiracy theory.

These are all facts that I see you haven’t addressed. Maybe I’m wrong. Maybe I’m right. But these topics need to be addressed.  I don’t let the msm do the thinking for me. I believe very little of what I hear. My conclusion can be wrong but the things I spoke about are all true. 

4 minutes ago, Justice said:

You don’t have to take my word for it. Just listen to the former Israeli soldiers that said this is impossible. It’s all over the internet. 

Olmert said Netanyahu ‘gave hundreds of millions of dollars’ to Hamas. 

As seen above money was coming in everywhere in hopes of stabilizing. I’ve since understood Hamas was taking all the foreign aid and using it to build their war machine, tunnels, bases etc effectively stealing from whom the aid meant to help. I heard even of examples like pipes provided for water infrastructure being repurposed to build rockets. 

I cant believe Israel knew this was coming and ignored it much less conspired with hamas for this to happen. WTF would be their common interest? 

Every time something like this happens, 87 warning signs are found retroactively and people gloss over the likely 600 false alarms that have been reacted to previously that desensitize everyone to real threats. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1