2023 MVP: Lamar will win it with 15 fewer TDs than Josh Allen (end of season talk pg 75+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seems like it’s Lamar’s unless he craps out vs Miami. I just don’t feel like he’s had an MVP type season. 

Reality of the situation is nobody has really had an MVP season. Voters have to decide between a lot of underwhelming candidates, which is the only reason a RB and WR are even garnering consideration.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Seems like it’s Lamar’s unless he craps out vs Miami. I just don’t feel like he’s had an MVP type season. 

If Allen can take care of business next week and then go into Miami and take the AFC East crown, then he will be the front runner ahead of Lamar

Whichever QB among Josh, Lamar, and Tua ends up with 2 more wins, 575+ total yards, 5+ yds, and 1- int will get it.  If none of them do that, there's a good chance it ends up Hill or CmC.

It feels like it would take a lot for Dak or Purdy to come back from recent narratives.  But I guess if either of them have the best 2 game stretch ever, it's possible...

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No standout QB this year which opens the field and potentially bends the criteria. Nothing wrong with a little intrigue.

13 hours ago, ganesh said:

If Allen can take care of business next week and then go into Miami and take the AFC East crown, then he will be the front runner ahead of Lamar

Don't know if he will be the front runner. If Lamar and the Ravens win this week Lamar is going to be a near lock for the MVP with the only player that realistically has a shot of upending his chances being Allen. But the volume for Lamar for MVP after week 17 will be through the roof and it won't matter what kind of numbers he puts up. 

That said, Allen will make the vote close I would think. Half the voters will give it to Lamar because of the 1 seed and team record. The other half will give it to Allen because of the dramatic finish down the stretch and statistically being one of the best QB's in the league in many categories. 

9 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Very unlikely but if Buffalo takes the 2 seed and Allen gets to 50 TDs (would need 10 in two games) they have to give it to him.

This is crazy, 50 TDs ?? How many 50 TD seasons have there ever been ? People in this thread saying there’s been no stand out QB season this year, Allen is going to end up 45+ TDs, I’m surprised how many people think that’s a ho hum season lol

division title and 45+ TDs and that won’t be enough to beat a dude with 20 less TDs ? He’s gonna need to hit 50 TDs ? That’s crazy in IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, julian said:

This is crazy, 50 TDs ?? How many 50 TD seasons have there ever been ? People in this thread saying there’s been no stand out QB season this year, Allen is going to end up 45+ TDs, I’m surprised how many people think that’s a ho hum season lol

division title and 45+ TDs and that won’t be enough to beat a dude with 20 less TDs ? He’s gonna need to hit 50 TDs ? That’s crazy in IMHO.

He’s gonna have 45 TDs snd 4500 pass yards and doesn’t seem to be the the top three with any of the media heads…

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, julian said:

This 100%. People are infatuated with the Interception numbers and can’t take their eyes off it. Give me a break. The guy is going to score 45TDs (as you said) and not only win the division but take the 2 seed. He will be the MVP. If he isn’t it’s a crime. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

He’s gonna have 45 TDs snd 4500 pass yards and doesn’t seem to be the the top three with any of the media heads…

I say if we goes 2-0 with solid performance 6+ total TD and 1 turnover and gets the 2nd seed it will change 

they don’t want to talk about the six seed being an mvp 

idc if he gets it that doesn’t mean ***** 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.