Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

Almost a week later and this is still breaking my heart. :(

14 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Lawson has played well this year and tied for total pressures in one of the games IIRC. I think Kingsley would go before Lawson. 

He has, but he had a bit of a struggle day against the Phish, imo.

Kingsley is younger and has some legit upside, I think I'd be surprised to see the Bills let him get away.

49 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Might be able to finish his career as a FS, no way he has the speed to play CB after this. I pray he has a successful surgery/rehab

My experience with both ACL and Achilles (I've had both done) is that the Achilles is far less likely to impact speed than the ACL.  The Achilles repair is so easy and so durable that all you have to do is re-strengthen that calf muscle.  If you don't, you will lose speed and you will feel like you are running on a flat tire.  A professional rehab should avoid that problem.

14 minutes ago, Long Suffering Fan said:

My experience with both ACL and Achilles (I've had both done) is that the Achilles is far less likely to impact speed than the ACL.  The Achilles repair is so easy and so durable that all you have to do is re-strengthen that calf muscle.  If you don't, you will lose speed and you will feel like you are running on a flat tire.  A professional rehab should avoid that problem.

Thanks for all the good info, here’s hoping for a good surgery/rehab. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did Tre get the same surgery that has Aaron Rodgers WAY ahead of the traditional timetable for return?  Apparently Rodgers is 3x further along and some are saying he could even be back by December now. This new procedure comes with a 12-14 week timetable for a return to play according to the doctor who performed it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-aaron-rodgers-on-pace-for-unprecedented-return-possibly-as-soon-as-week-15-injury-expert-says/

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Did Tre get the same surgery that has Aaron Rodgers WAY ahead of the traditional timetable for return?  Apparently Rodgers is 3x further along and some are saying he could even be back by December now. This new procedure comes with a 12-14 week timetable for a return to play according to the doctor who performed it.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets-aaron-rodgers-on-pace-for-unprecedented-return-possibly-as-soon-as-week-15-injury-expert-says/

Aaron Rodgers playing in the Super Bowl

Bolling%20collage.jpg?itok=87UMm0og

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That might or might not be the case for a QB.

I would guess that it is totally out of the question for a Corner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

im infinitely skeptical of an Achilles being that quick and being able to be remotely mobile. Which given a poor line are they really racing him back for garbage games where he may not be able to protect himself? Would be a very jets move I guess.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

im infinitely skeptical of an Achilles being that quick and being able to be remotely mobile. Which given a poor line are they really racing him back for garbage games where he may not be able to protect himself? Would be a very jets move I guess.

They are 3-3.  They own the tie breaker with the 4-2 Bills.  Why are we so certain the Jets December games are garbage games?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Chaos said:

They are 3-3.  They own the tie breaker with the 4-2 Bills.  Why are we so certain the Jets December games are garbage games?

If they continue to remain 1 win behind the Bills, the tie breaker means diddly/squat.  And there is still a game between the two to be played in Buffalo.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I’m fairly certain he’s loaded up with HGH. What’s the rules regarding drug tests and injuries? 

Manning avoided a positive test while his wife was ordering it for her “skin care routine” or whatever. 

EDIT: I’m fairly certain that at this point in his career Aaron would play chicken with the league to suspend him for loading up on HGH. Then gaslight the entire world and say “the world is just so against alternative medicines that it’s a league conspiracy to keep him quiet. They said it couldn’t be done, but he showed us by having Orca sploodge shakes every morning.

Edited by Mango
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

If they continue to remain 1 win behind the Bills, the tie breaker means diddly/squat.  And there is still a game between the two to be played in Buffalo.

Yep, gives the Jets the opportunity to close the gap, as much it gives the Bills the opportunity to pull away. 

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Lost to the Chiefs by 3, beat the Bills, beat the Eagles(while missing BOTH starting corners).

Those are 3 of the best teams in the NFL and they have gone 2-1 with a narrow loss.

This is with mostly garbage QB play and an offense that can't score points.

Their D makes them a threat to win any game, I wouldn't be so sure they are just going to fall off.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I’m fairly certain he’s loaded up with HGH. What’s the rules regarding drug tests and injuries? 

Manning avoided a positive test while his wife was ordering it for her “skin care routine” or whatever. 

EDIT: I’m fairly certain that at this point in his career Aaron would play chicken with the league to suspend him for loading up on HGH. Then gaslight the entire world and say “the world is just so against alternative medicines that it’s a league conspiracy to keep him quiet. They said it couldn’t be done, but he showed us by having Orca sploodge shakes every morning.

OMG I'm dying.  Orca sploodge shakes for the Win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.