Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

I’m hoping beyond hope it’s not in the territory of Aaron Rodgers injury. I watched it close on replay and didn’t see that same ripple effect up the back of Tre’s lower leg like we did for Rodgers. With saying that of course I’m not a doctor or know what the hell I am talking about. Maybe just a partial tear?

Just trying to be optimistic.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Is there any history of CB's with Achilles repairs?  I cannot think of any but it seems like Achilles is pretty important for a CB....as compared to say QB.

Deangelo Hall was the only example I could find. Tore it in game, recovered, and then tore it again 9 months later slipping in his house getting pizza. He then converted to safety...

I wonder if Beane makes a trade. We are sitting with a SB caliber D right now. Tre going down does not put us in jeopardy but having some good depth, or someone that can come in at the same level would be nice. I wonder who is out there? Beane was on the phone last night you can bank on that.

Benford and Dane are playing at a high level. 

40 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I wonder if Beane makes a trade. We are sitting with a SB caliber D right now. Tre going down does not put us in jeopardy but having some good depth, or someone that can come in at the same level would be nice. I wonder who is out there? Beane was on the phone last night you can bank on that.

Benford and Dane are playing at a high level. 

Honestly its too soon to do that.  Draft picks are too valuable.

More importantly who is going to trade a corner?  They are expensive and the really good ones come from high draft picks (usually)

Only teams who potentially are rebuilding or where everyone is getting fired might make a starting calber corner available.

I think one chance they could have at trading for a corner could come from NY. The Giants (IMO) are going to lose tonight to seattle and really are looking at a long season since the defense all of a sudden stinks this year.  So Adoree Jackson might be available as the season goes on, maybe after buffalo plays them in a few weeks.

The issue with jackson is if you trade for him he will count somewhere around 6.8 million.  I can't imagine any scenario where they do something like that unless the Giants pay his salary and the bills give a higher draft pick...like a 3rd, the compensatory 3rd from edmunds maybe

Can't see it happening though.

Edited by MikePJ76

Here are some veteran cornerbacks on various teams practice squads.

Sidney Jones (Bengals)

Daryl Worley  (Ravens)

Anthony Brown (Pittsburgh)

JoeJuan Williams (Minnesota)

Stantley Thomas Oliver (Carolina)

Shemar Jean Charles (San Francisco)

Artie Burns (Seattle)

of this list of guys who can just be signed to Buffalo's 53 Anthony Brown is the best player.  He has a ton of experience in big games/primetime games.  He can play outside and inside.  He is coming off a torn Achilles.  He is a lunch pal blue collar kind of guy and plays physical.  If his health is good he could help this team.   However Elam is obviously the guy who will play and the bills would have to release a player to get brown to the 53 so this is probably not going to happen.  If healthy though he is a decent player.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Deangelo Hall was the only example I could find. Tore it in game, recovered, and then tore it again 9 months later slipping in his house getting pizza.

I thought this was an unnecessary detail. But no, it was "getting a late night slice of pizza" from his fridge. A cautionary tale.

Seriously though, I think I was in the minority here I thinking that Tre had finally made in at all the way back. He took some flak here for supposedly taking his time in recover, but in retrospect he probably pushed it a little too hard last year. This season? I thought he was excellent. He obviously has the dedication to do it again if that's what he wants to do.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Sidney Jones (Bengals)

Daryl Worley  (Ravens)

Artie Burns (Seattle)

of this list of guys who can just be signed to Buffalo's 53 Anthony Brown is the best player.  He has a ton of experience in big games/primetime games.  He can play outside and inside.  He is coming off a torn Achilles.  He is a lunch pal blue collar kind of guy and plays physical.  If his health is good he could help this team.   However Elam is obviously the guy who will play and the bills would have to release a player to get brown to the 53 so this is probably not going to happen.  If healthy though he is a decent player.

Artie Burns.

What an awful name for a CB.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

I am and was absolutely gutted for the guy. It was hard to watch on national TV. 

So sad, we watched a guy come to terms with the idea that he might have his entire career ripped away from him in front of millions of people. 

Tre is my favorite player since Bruce. I feel for the guy.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Best wishes for Tre, he's the kind of guy that does everything right so this is tough.

But (hate to say it) when he comes back, there's no way he's worth what they are paying him. Should the Bills part ways and go after a younger/better CB? I say yes

• Eyeroll 2

I tore an achilles playing football.  I very much had an Aaron Rodgers moment.  You know that hard ridge near the ankle on the back of your leg?  That is the achilles and there was a spot on it for me where it just wasn't there.  It was creepy weird to run your thumb along it and then you get to a spot where your thumb just sinks into your leg.

My point is that if he tore his achilles completely, then they knew on the field.  It is not a maybe diagnosis.  Maybe that explains Trey's reaction.  OTOH, if they knew on the field then why no announcement?

On the plus side, that was my third leg surgery and I was a pro at rehab by that point.  I was completely out of the boot and doing calf raises at 8 weeks.  I think it might actually be possible for him to be ready for the playoffs.

Here is to hoping it is just a partial tear and that Trey will not have more time to dedicate to his goalie academy.

I feel confident in Benford, Jackson and Elam, with McDermott coaching them up and this Defense.

However I absolutely feel gutted for Tre White.  It's hard to not wonder if that was the last time we saw him in a Bills uniform given the injury and his contract/cap savings this off-season.

Let's all hope we win a ring, of course, but also so if this is the last year we see Hyde, Poyer and White back there... they all go out Super Bowl Champions.   

Absolute legends that will forever be remembered by all of us. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Sidney Jones (Bengals)

Daryl Worley  (Ravens)

Artie Burns (Seattle)

Worley is interesting. Obvious ties to McDermott as he was drafted by the organization whilst he was their DC. Sure he has complete knowledge of his capabilities through and through. 

Believe Anthony Brown is in fact on the 9ers 53. Looks like he was a call up this past weekend for the Cards matchup. 

50 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Sidney Jones (Bengals)

Daryl Worley  (Ravens)

Artie Burns (Seattle)

i'd take a flyer on worley but not to our active roster.

he is from carolina and knows the similar defense.

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Worley is interesting. Obvious ties to McDermott as he was drafted by the organization whilst he was their DC. Sure he has complete knowledge of his capabilities through and through. 

Believe Anthony Brown is in fact on the 9ers 53. Looks like he was a call up this past weekend for the Cards matchup. 

Oops I didn't realize Brown had been signed to a 53.

Worley is pretty bad.

• Haha (+1) 1

IF it's a complete tear it isn't 100% impossible that he could play in the Super Bowl if we make it.

Cam Akers played RB 4.5 months after a tear. That's almost exactly the Super Bowl timeframe from yesterday.

I should also note the obvious: Cam Akers was practicing for a while before he actually played. It's not like he went from torn Achilles to right into the game as soon as it was feasible. 

SO, Tre could always be practicing for a few weeks during the playoffs which would be an enormous boost for both him and the team, even if he doesn't get into the game. 

Just saying that it has been done before. Every player is different, every body heals differently, and we don't know the exact injury yet. If a RB can do it and then play a major role for the Rams carrying the ball just a handful of months later it is possible.

Either way, he should be back to 100% next season for sure. It sucks now, no doubt, and you feel for the guy because he is a great human being as well as a great player. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.