Choices for watching reputable NFL media shows & commentators today is non existent.

Toyo321

It is unbelievable how bad these media and radio personalities are with team & player analysis,  game and matchup perspectives.

One minute a team can be the best team in the league,  and every one of these media clowns are spewing all this one sided commentary

on how great that team is then the following week, that team is now the worst team in the league. 

If you could get real unbiased opinions from these guys I would not complain, but this rarely happens and all we end up with is a bunch of these media clowns

dressing up like Pee Wee Herman in front of a national audience, and their acting is just as bad when they are on camera too.

It is to bad that there are no true media personalities that are unbiased and you can actually respect for an honest opinion. 

As much as I hate to say it the only people I don't mind listening to now are Rex Ryan, Dan Orlovsky and Joy Taylor.

My worst top offenders

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

Feel free to make you own list but the choices of bad personalities out there are so many its staggering.

It is unreal that they actually get paid for the garbage that comes out of their mouths.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

My 2 favorites are Dan Orlovsky and Mina Kimes. I learn something from each of them on a regular basis. He is very good at breaking down what happens on the field and she is really good at utilizing next gen stats to provide interesting insights regarding why teams are failing or succeeding.  

Other than those 2, it is mostly just people expressing their opinions, so I take it with a grain of salt.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

It is unbelievable how bad these media and radio personalities are with team & player analysis,  game and matchup perspectives.

One minute a team can be the best team in the league,  and every one of these media clowns are spewing all this one sided commentary

on how great that team is then the following week, that team is now the worst team in the league. 

If you could get real unbiased opinions from these guys I would not complain, but this rarely happens and all we end up with is a bunch of these media clowns

dressing up like Pee Wee Herman in front of a national audience, and their acting is just as bad when on they are on camera too.

It is to bad that there are no true media personalities that are unbiased and actually you can respect for an honest opinion. 

As much as I hate to say it the only people I don't mind listening to are now are Rex Ryan and Dan Orlovsky and Joy Taylor

My worst top offenders

Stephen A Smith

Colin Cowherd

Bart Scott

Mike Greenberg

Ryan Clark

Michael Irvin

Feel free to make you own list but the choices of bad personalities out there are so many its staggering.

It is unreal that they actually get paid for the garbage that comes out of their mouths.

You just named a bunch of TV talking heads, not serious analysts, and you left off the dumbest one of all, Terry Bradshaw.  What did you expect?  There are literally dozens of excellent NFL analysts out there, most of whom do podcasts that are either team specific (Like Joe Marino), or more focused on the whole league, like Ross Tucker, Greg Cosell and Phil Simms.  Hell, even Bill Simmons often does a nice job, even though he is a Patriot homer and dislikes the Bills. 

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Everyone in Buffalo who cares about football should be following Eric from Cover 1. Not a fan of the other guys on Cover 1 though. 

Cover 1 is great to listen to but I find all of them way too positive about the Bills. Most of the breakdowns are positive.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whatever you do, don't listen to the rockpile report.

Marino's good. Sal's good. Anthony prohaska, Gregg Tomsett. All good 

For league wide stuff I like GOAT house-couple meatheads from Minnesota, tom Grossi/clickbait sports.

Edited by Pine Barrens Mafia

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

I still watch the games and NFL Primetime but other than that I barely watch any other football coverage shows these days.  They really have gotten that bad and I think I'm just getting older and don't give as much of a S*** anymore 🤷‍♂️

Funny, this resonated with me.  As I get older, my interest in actual games has remained high (if not increased), but my interest in pre game, post game, highlight shows, etc. has decreased dramatically.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Cover 1 is great to listen to but I find all of them way too positive about the Bills. Most of the breakdowns are positive.

They’re still young and doing this “Bills Mafia” thing. Which honestly is refreshing compared to the jaded and arrogant WGR. But I get it’s not everyone’s taste. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.