1st month of the season is done. What are your impressions so far on the season?

Royale with Cheese

1) San Fran locked @ #1. Could win the Lombardi. NO surprise from my PreSeason picks.

2) Fish,with their extraordinary Offense, better than anyone in the AFC. VERY imaginative and competent. A bit surprising from my Pre Season prediction.

3) Bills, KC, Eagles in the next rung. Eagles are not as dominant as before and still love that goal line smash play no team can stop. Bills need to practice that!

4) Cowgirls are next. Who knows whether they move up to be a power or remain their trad fraud bust as per last week.

5) All the rest are mediocre or just plain total trash!

Bengals fell badly due to Burrow injury.

Bears being good? What was I preSeason thinking?

The gap from a top 5 team to a middle of pack team is larger than I ever remember. The Bills, Dolphins, Chiefs, Eagles, and 49ers do not have a true weakness to exploit, and Bengals might get there. The mediocre teams might have just one true weakness but you can exploit so much that in a normal game they don't have much chance.

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

- QB roughing the passer calls are still terrible at times.

- The Jags are not good.  Trevor Lawrence doesn't look like he's supposed to after last year.  Maybe Kyle Brandt was right?

- I think the 49ers are the best team in the NFL right now.

- The AFC North seems up for grabs.  Ravens might be the unluckiest team.

- Have no clue how good the Chiefs actually are.

- The NFC North looks like it could overtake as the worst division in football just because the Bears are historically bad.  It's between them and the AFC South.

Royale I was so on board with you, up until the end, and I’m not even saying you’re wrong about that. Of course I gave you a thumbs up because it’s just plain a great post.  However, may I just add given what you said about the Chiefs, they are still a very good team, but I think the AFC West from 2 to 4 might be the worst division in football. Additionally, the Chiefs may not be that good this year. Now with the injury out in Los Angeles, the Chargers, a roughed up team anyways, is going to have an even more difficult time. They could finish second in the division, and still only be about 8-9 or possibly even 7-10.

Again, though, great post my friend.

Edit: and the best team in the North already beat the best team in the West, and in their own house no less.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

The offensive situation is odd to me. This is the kind of offense I’ve clamored for…a large increase in short, quick passes and check downs from JA and an improved running game featuring our RBs. Yet, it seems like also a disappointment to not see the high-flying Bills O we grew accustomed to. I’m not sure what to think of the O at this point.

The defense excites me, especially if Von comes back looking like he did last year. I am worried about the lack of speed in the secondary, especially with our safeties going up against a team like Miami.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

So...you enjoy shotgun on 4th and a foot? Or our players seemingly never getting the ball in space. 

No, I would have had Allen sneak it from under center.  But that doesn’t mean Dorsey is an idiot or doing a bad job.

Edit:  and I just read Jim Kubiak’s breakdown of the play.  If that pass isn’t batted down at the line it was going to a wide open Diggs who had only the safety to beat.  It may have been a touchdown.  Kubiak notes the Bills had the Commandos’ personnel completely overmatched on the play.

The “our players seemingly never getting the ball in space” comment is vague and overly broad, and doesn’t really tell me anything.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/25/2023 at 1:29 PM, GoBills808 said:

I think the Dolphins are the best team rn

They put a college score line on an NFL team, they should be #1 and Niners #2

Because other teams usually take out their starting QBs once they are up 30+ points. Dolphins ran the score up plain & simple. 

2 hours ago, eball said:

No, I would have had Allen sneak it from under center.  But that doesn’t mean Dorsey is an idiot or doing a bad job.

Edit:  and I just read Jim Kubiak’s breakdown of the play.  If that pass isn’t batted down at the line it was going to a wide open Diggs who had only the safety to beat.  It may have been a touchdown.  Kubiak notes the Bills had the Commandos’ personnel completely overmatched on the play.

The “our players seemingly never getting the ball in space” comment is vague and overly broad, and doesn’t really tell me anything.

Fair enough. I certainly do hope I'm wrong, and maybe I'm being too critical. The space comment, what comes to mind is Hardy's touches, and Kincaid's. I don't take notes, so I can't give you specific plays, but it just seems that these guys are always immediately being met. 

3 hours ago, eball said:

At the time, I was angry about the play call. When I went back and watched it again, I did a complete 180. That was a shot worth taking. The defender just made a good play. As I always like to say, fans like the plays that work and hate the ones that don't.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Heading into Week 4, when looking at our schedule..

-Miami looks much better than I thought they would be.

-The rest of our schedule looks much more manageable than I thought it would be.  Teams like JAX, NYG, NYJ, DEN, PHI, DAL and LAC don't look as tough as I thought any of them would be before the season.  I do think CIN will put it together by the time we play them, although I am wavering on that a bit. 

My biggest takeaway is that September football doesn't really matter and everyone's figuring it out as they go because the preseason is boring, the regular season is longer and there are more playoff teams. It's going to take another few games to figure out where everyone is as the attrition battle plays out.

I mean the Eagles, 49ers, chiefs, bills, and dolphins being excellent teams shouldn't really surprise anyone. I think Dallas, Cleveland and Baltimore are the next 3 best teams so far after that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.