Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

Waddle went down and that was huge I think, as BB blitzed a lot more.

Miami also had 2 missed field goals.

If waddle stayed healthy and those field goals were hit, I think Miami would have gotten 31-37 points 

Patriots also played Cover 3 a lot 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He is going to get hit, there is no way around it.  They can try and limit it as much as possible, but at some point he is going to get levelled and based on how fragile his body seems to be with the laundry list of injuries he has had, it's a more a matter of when not if.

For sure, I mean that goes without saying clearly....No question he (like every player) is going to get hit, it's football for lord sake.

However with that said, can't argue that it's been addressed with a very good plan to minimize those hits while making the ones that do happen much less severe

On 9/27/2023 at 3:35 PM, Gregg said:

Blue over white vs the Fins

ttqvsmmhgnmjbx90k0dh.jpg

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 1-0

White on White 1-0

Blue on Blue 0-1

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 43-26

Since 2011- White on White 21-28-1

Since 2012- White on White (Throwback) 8-4

Since 2012- White on Blue 16-22

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 18-9

Since 2015- Red on Red 7-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 17-7

White on White 14-7-1

White on White (Throwback) 3-2

White on Blue 10-8

Blue on Blue 12-6

Red on Red 5-1

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   3-3         TNF 1-2                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     3-1         TNF 1-0                 SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Red on Red       2-0         TNF 1-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

bau2fepixnveww3nhjs3.png

Drew Bledsoe announced as the Bills Legend of the Game against Miami

eoklxsaenrda14lj1zhz.jpg

Drew Bledsoe will be the Bills Legend of the Game for Buffalo's 1 p.m. contest against the Miami Dolphins this Sunday. Bledsoe is excited to return to the stadium where his NFL career began.

Initially drafted as a Patriot, Bledsoe made his debut against Buffalo in 1993 before the Bills traded a first-round pick to acquire the star quarterback from New England in 2003.

"Coming back into that stadium and having the fans welcome me rather than boo the crap out of me was great," Bledsoe said. "Loved it. We just, very quickly, fell in love with everything about Western New York and especially being a part of the Bills."

One of Bledsoe's favorite memories about his time in Buffalo was the passion and respect of Bills Mafia.

buffalobills.com

Didn't Bledsoe make some passive-aggressive comments about Buffalo when he signed with Dallas? I vaguely remember him making comments about wearing Dallas's logo. 

Quick Google search and it turned up:

"I'm very excited to be a Dallas Cowboy. I can't wait to go home and dress my kids with the little stars and get rid of all the old gear from the other team." Bledsoe was smiling as his jab at the Bills drew laughs, but he also was seriously disappointed about how things turned out in Buffalo.

I know it's not anything major, but why the hell would you bring him back as a "legend"???

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Didn't Bledsoe make some passive-aggressive comments about Buffalo when he signed with Dallas? I vaguely remember him making comments about wearing Dallas's logo. 

Quick Google search and it turned up:

"I'm very excited to be a Dallas Cowboy. I can't wait to go home and dress my kids with the little stars and get rid of all the old gear from the other team." Bledsoe was smiling as his jab at the Bills drew laughs, but he also was seriously disappointed about how things turned out in Buffalo.

I know it's not anything major, but why the hell would you bring him back as a "legend"???

He deserves it IMO.

15 minutes ago, appoo said:

They also have Christian Gonzalaz, Kyle Duggar, Jabrill Peppers, Jonathan Jones and Jalen Mills - all 5 of whom might be faster than any Bills rotational secondary player

Psssst

What if I told you that Jonathan Jones was inactive that game? 

And Jalen Mills only played 37% of the snaps?

Safeties Duggar and Peppers (4.49 and 4.46)

CB Gonzalez and. on 84% of the snaps, Miles Bryant (4.62 40)

Now Gonzalez (4.38 40) is legit fast.  No faster than Kaiir Elam ( 4.39 40)

But the biggest factor in coverage is mental processing and reaction time - not whether one set of safeties ran a 40 yd dash in under 4.5 while another was mid-4.5s when they came in the league and probably slower

It wouldn't surprise me to see Elam active this week

You know, the Dolphins *did* have Mostert, Waddle, and Hill when we played them last September and last December

Now, we did lose to them 21-19 in September, but I would have to say a fumble recovered on our own 6 yard line resulting in a Miami TD, some wierd decisions at the end of half,  missed FG, and a TOD had more to do with that than speed differential between their skill players and our secondary did.  Well, that and horrendous heat.

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Believe it or not, geeky little nerd-type guys get loooove too.  Though you're allowed to think he "outkicked his coverage"  because he pretty clearly did.

AA1h7BqK.img?w=768&h=576&m=6&x=445&y=185

Share your concern on Bernard.

Nice vomit emoji reaction, @boyst, but be kind of nice to hear an answer: "Share your concern on Bernard."

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, appoo said:

They also have Christian Gonzalaz, Kyle Duggar, Jabrill Peppers, Jonathan Jones and Jalen Mills - all 5 of whom might be faster than any Bills rotational secondary player

What is it that you're going by that brings you to that conclusion that they all are faster than all Bills secondary players?? Combine numbers or something?

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

What is it that you're going by that brings you to that conclusion? Combine numbers or something?

Beck Waters has those times above.  Benford is the fastest DB the bills have right now and he ran a 4.53, so I guess Myles Bryant slower when Jones isn't active. 

Bills will occasionally play some Cover 3 and man, but I'm not sure we'll see much of that at all against the Dolphins. I think the variation will come with Quarter vs 2 and some cover 6 as well, backers playing man, zone or blizing. But I'd be really surprised if we don't have 2 deep safeties on practically every play

Edited by appoo

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

She looks just like him lol but blonde 

I don't think he outkicked his coverage.. she looks like his female equivalent

Ooooh, "de gustibus non disputandum est" but I do disagree. 

She isn't a fashion model, but looks pleasant and socially respectable.

He looks like the kind of greasy geek Mom pries away from the gaming computer and orders to shower every month or so

Now I know that's not who he is ...that he's worked hard and advanced as a coach, and the players seem to love him and go hard for him.  Still, he did make that remark about how his previous habit of not showering until Wednesday wouldn't work, now he's a HC.

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.