Week 4, Bills favored by 3 over Dolphins

Chaos

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Would it be Tua's timing throws? You throw that off and make him go through his reads and you make that offense far more mortal.

They do have the ability to stretch the field vertically and horizontally with their receivers and running backs with all their speed. They use a lot of pre-snap motion and players in motion at the snap to confuse defenses, pull defenders out of position, create situations where defenders lose leverage, and create some assignment mismatches.

They lean into RAC concepts where the first reads are timing throws to their backs on wheels. Their receivers and running backs are pretty sure-handed and they all possess breakaway speed so you cannot miss tackles or try to arm tackle them or they are scampering down the field for huge gains or scores.

Teams may want to try to cover Hill too, he seems to have applied the same radar absorbent material that Kelce uses in the game against Denver as he was wide open - a lot.

Give credit where credit is due, they have built a team where it is better to avoid getting into an offensive track meet. It is a big challenge for the Bills defense, we will see if our boys will strap em' up and are up to the challenge.

Edited by WideNine

On 9/24/2023 at 3:43 PM, FrenchConnection said:

Ignore what happened today. Denver has a bad defense and gave up. Look at what the Pats did last week on Sunday night. Pats would have won that game if they could generate any offense. 

Speaking of the Pats, who just played the Jetsies....they legit have the personnel to have a top defense.  Had one last season.  Pats converted almost half their 3rd downs, and Jones only had 5 QB hits and 0 sacks.  What's up with that?  They just demoralized by the lack of offense?

40 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

McDaniels may have run up the score on the Broncos for personal reasons. No way the Bills allow more than 35. Dolphins will score but our D shouldn’t allow the big plays. 

What would those personal reasons be? 

I think you may be confusing Raiders coach Josh McDaniels, who once coached for Denver and got fired for good reason, with Mike McDaniel , who got his first break when he was hired as a Denver Broncos intern back in 2005 under Shanahan, got to see how a Conference contending 13-3 team operates, and successfully parlayed that into offensive assistant jobs ending in being a young head coach.  Denver gave him his start, no reason for ill feelings. 

Now Fangio, the DC....he may have had some receipts.

It's a McDermott trademark, I'm afraid, to give up a couple big plays per game on D.  Question is can we avoid putting ourselves in a hole, can we answer, and can we balance it out with a few big plays of our own.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I actually like McDaniels. He’s refreshingly interesting to listen to at press conferences and what he’s doing with the Dolphins offense is very impressive. 

Agree on the latter.  I think he's unintelligible in pressers, but he seems to communicate just fine with his players so who cares.

Edited by Beck Water

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I am not big into checking other fans message boards. if I do it is generally a sign of respect and a solid match up. I do keep up on Reddit, but reddit sucks for what I like about sports conversations.

I checked out Finhaven and it is weird. I have never seen anywhere Milano talked about as a dirty player. Am I crazy on that? 

The whole thing is weirdly aggressive. 

am-i-the-only-one-concerned-about-milano

We’re split on this issue over at Finheaven.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Speaking of the Pats, who just played the Jetsies....they legit have the personnel to have a top defense.  Had one last season.  Pats converted almost half their 3rd downs, and Jones only had 5 QB hits and 0 sacks.  What's up with that?  They just demoralized by the lack of offense?

Yes i think there is a trickle down effect

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

What would those personal reasons be? 

I think you may be confusing Raiders coach Josh McDaniels, who once coached for Denver and got fired for good reason, with Mike McDaniel , who got his first break when he was hired as a Denver Broncos intern back in 2005 under Shanahan, got to see how a Conference contending 13-3 team operates, and successfully parlayed that into offensive assistant jobs ending in being a young head coach.  Denver gave him his start, no reason for ill feelings. 

Now Fangio, the DC....he may have had some receipts.

It's a McDermott trademark, I'm afraid, to give up a couple big plays per game on D.  Question is can we avoid putting ourselves in a hole, can we answer, and can we balance it out with a few big plays of our own.

Agree on the latter.  I think he's unintelligible in pressers, but he seems to communicate just fine with his players so who cares.

Denver didn’t even give him an opportunity to interview for the head coaching spot when they hired Hackett. 

I read he felt disrespected he wasn’t even considered and in hindsight I don’t blame him one bit. He’s clearly an intelligent football mind. That said…. Squish the Fish 

26 minutes ago, WV Fin Phan said:

We’re split on this issue over at Finheaven.

I read through those posts and I’ve been there before, but holy smokes!!

The vitriol towards Allen is intense. Advocating and encouraging cheap shots in some chivalrous sense of revenge makes sense how? That was a sad read 

*I’m sure you’re cool tho WV Fin Phan 😎

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

agree.  He’s such an odd duck vis a vis other NFL head coaches

It really is impressive how much he is not bound by convention in offensive play design. In all seriousness he’s as innovative at pushing the rules on offence as BB is on defenders. That pre-snap motion that gets Hill and Waddle running at full speed by the snap like it’s the CFL feels illegal but I’m sure is just within the bounds of the rules. Also, if the Fins and Niners meet in the Super Bowl it will cause a massive shift in NFL roster building. Get a PG (Tua is miles better then Purdy, but you get the idea) at QB and load up on speed at the skill positions on offense.  

9 minutes ago, Breakout Squad said:

Denver didn’t even give him an opportunity to interview for the head coaching spot when they hired Hackett. 

I read he felt disrespected he wasn’t even considered and in hindsight I don’t blame him one bit. He’s clearly an intelligent football mind. That said…. Squish the Fish 

I wish Denver hired him and it's hilarious Hackett was their choice. McDaniel is a really good head coach and offensive mind.  Possibly the best in the game.  He's got a different personality than most successful head coaches but the one common trait is players will play hard for him.  Like it or not, the Fins will likely be annual contenders with him there similar to Shanahan in SF.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I’m very excited to see how McD handles Miami’s offense. McD is a defensive mastermind in my opinion and he has come up with a lot of creative schemes against hot offenses that have often worked. Just have to wait and see!

Love the optimism, but would love even more some specific examples of your claims about McD's past defensive creativity and success. Not that I disagree at all. Just looking for something concrete to actually consider, other than "Go Bills!"

15 hours ago, balln said:

I mean. He has what 5 hits in 3 nfl games? No sacks. Patriots are a legit D and that was a road game. Chargers have bosa. I’m not expecting any sacks by the bills. Maybe a hit or two. It’s just what the data and eye test says…..

bills gonna have to scheme it up. Don’t bother rushing. Get hands up tip passes. And tackle. Is that not obvious to everyone ?

Crowd noise will be key to confusion. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.