Congrats James Cook - proud father!

Roundybout

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, new game! Let’s play “Word Of The Day!”

Can anyone tell me what “devolve” means? 

A guy has a child and this is where we go. 

Devolve is like to collapse under some pressure usually related to evolution like we evolved from apes and we are devolving  to the birds meaning values are being reduced to being meaningless and just gone with the wind....  at least that's how I interpret it but then I'm no Webster and I long since forgot þhe dictionary definition which I know I looked up several dozens of times.  At one point I likely could have quoted Webster verbatim from memory.  

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

Devolve is like to collapse under some pressure usually related to evolution like we evolved from apes and we are devolving  to the birds meaning values are being reduced to being meaningless and just gone with the wind....  at least that's how I interpret it but then I'm no Webster and I long since forgot þhe dictionary definition which I know I looked up several dozens of times.  At one point I likely could have quoted Webster verbatim from memory.  

Yeah, that was kinda rhetorical, but thanks.  😋

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Don’t they have doctors for that ***** get back to practice

🤓

Ìm thinking if he was in delivery room as his son was born we may see him breaking some tackles as his wife's water broke prior to delivery.  Will help to finally show Bills Mafia the baby end of this season.   Lombardi will be the baby's name of course... or one of them at least.

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He should be watching film and not having sex.  

Isn’t that what ya do just before the sex bit…, 

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Kids are a lot of work. This should mean stronger legs to break tackles.

And will help keep his head on a swivel so he should have good field vision.  And running after toddlers will keep him quick to holes as kids will have you jumping every which way...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Have you ever read the dictionary?   Even once?     😋

Not in one sitting no bit I used to look up every word as I read books  and I was a prolific reader as a kid.  Used to read the happy Hollister series as a 2nd grader I remember...  Nancy drew and hardy boys as I got bit older then I kinda fell in love with science fiction... ray Bradbury illustrated man was one of the first that intrigued me likely from that story. In the tundra.  Exact details escape me but ended up the kids fed parents to lions when the parents got upset with them spending all time in their tundra hologram. Turned out they made it real somehow.

Dang it now I'm gonna have to go find a copy and reread it. 

Edited by AuntieEm

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I watch Bills tape while banging. True fan.

I can vouch for this. I was there.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I take it even further. I make my wife wear a Josh Allen cardboard mask. 

If I knew you well enough, I would love to make the joke.....I make her wear one too.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

If I knew you well enough, I would love to make the joke.....I make her wear one too.... 🤷🏼‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Have you ever read the dictionary?   Even once?     😋

Also as a kid once I could read I did start reading our encyclopedias and would go get books on specific topics that interested me from the excerpts I got in the encyclopedia.  So I got good at research in the old days of libraries and  Dewey decimal system index cards.

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Hey! Go easy on the old coot, @Augie. If he was 65 in ‘91, he’s on life support now.

I was just 31 in Oct 1991 I had a brain aneurysm rupture on Sept 13 and got released from hospital the day before my 31st bday.  I'm also a female so I'd be referred to as old hag more than old coot I guess not sure what the term for old lady is popular these days.  Heck I'm still just gonna hit 63 so I don't know what I'll be like at 65 mentally. I hope still rambling on with alot of random thoughts popping up as something triggers some odd memory.

Hopefully rambling on about how I believe the Bills will get their 3rd SB to the doubters which will be totally unexpected because Josh will have become every fans #1.  

But that would mean I'm just talking to no one as their won't be any doubters then.  

Edited by AuntieEm

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Conception occurred 9 months ago so it was after season was over for Bills. 

I'm thinking late December, early January. The season might not have been over then. 

(My son's birthday is Sunday, and ... well, without going into detail, nine months prior to his arrival we were visiting family and we only had one opportunity for a few hours of privacy. It was shortly after Christmas.)

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm thinking late December, early January. The season might not have been over then. 

(My son's birthday is Sunday, and ... well, without going into detail, nine months prior to his arrival we were visiting family and we only had one opportunity for a few hours of privacy. It was shortly after Christmas.)

Ah yea.  Some reason I was thinking Feb as if this is already Nov.   Guess I'm kinda thinking of family and Thanksgiving  timeframe.  Yea son was likely a Xmas present just now delivered.

And as some former players complained that there was nothing to do in Buffalo but each other.  And of course the lack of strip clubs to cause problems for some players.

Edited by AuntieEm

10 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The 1800s were a different time.

Yes it was my father was the 2nd youngest of 13 children. His father and mother  had their first child at 15 my grandfather s there age and my grandmother was 13.   My paternal grandfather was born in 1898.  My father was añ uncle at 3 months old.

Edited by AuntieEm

8 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Child support isn't much better. That sh*t is expensive as hell

Yes it can be  though if he's just having kids with different women sla tr as vis Henry then he  better have  a good plan to keep them all well fed and to be a good father.  As someone said in another thread with the clip of Cook talking about  learning how to treat a daughter has some a bit of a twist that doesn't seem to generate alot of trust that he is a good and involved father.  Curious if he was present at either of his children's actual birth to witness the effort of his children's mother or mothers if they are not the same woman. 

Edited by AuntieEm

10 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Ìm thinking if he was in delivery room as his son was born we may see him breaking some tackles as his wife's water broke prior to delivery.  Will help to finally show Bills Mafia the baby end of this season.   Lombardi will be the baby's name of course... or one of them at least.

Well he's not married and his latest child is a girl so  not sure how it will work next game.  

13 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Smart man...he only has to pay child support, not future spousal support 😂 

No a smart man settles down with the mother of his children and raises his family in a loving and protective environment.  Smart men also don't need to learn how to treat a little girl they should already know how to treat women of all ages.  He has siblings and I'd expect he was raised by both his parents.  If not that may explain his lack of commitment to his current significant other and child/children I'd both his children are from same mother.  I don't think they share the same mother so looks like he's on the Travis henry path of fatherhood which raises some  flags  for me.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

7 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Yes it can be  though if he's just having kids with different women sla tr as vis Henry then he  better have  a good plan to keep them all well fed and to be a good father.  As someone said in another thread with the clip of Cook talking about  learning how to treat a daughter has some a bit of a twist that doesn't seem to generate alot of trust that he is a good and involved father.  Curious if he was present at either of his children's actual birth to witness the effort of his children's mother or mothers if they are not the same woman. 

Child support is expensive and difficult whether you have multiple kids with one woman or multiple with different women lol. It's still expensive as hell

2 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Child support is expensive and difficult whether you have multiple kids with one woman or multiple with different women lol. It's still expensive as hell

I'm not talking about the financial support.  There's no reason any nfl  players can't support a family ùnless they just don't care at all about anything but themselves.  It's the emotional support if b I th parents to give the children the proper guidance to be productive and responsible adults.  

22 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

She doesn't tell you she has Josh pictured on inside as well l so she can pretend to close her eyes ss she's looking at Josh as well.

22 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Not in one sitting no bit I used to look up every word as I read books  and I was a prolific reader as a kid.  Used to read the happy Hollister series as a 2nd grader I remember...  Nancy drew and hardy boys as I got bit older then I kinda fell in love with science fiction... ray Bradbury illustrated man was one of the first that intrigued me likely from that story. In the tundra.  Exact details escape me but ended up the kids fed parents to lions when the parents got upset with them spending all time in their tundra hologram. Turned out they made it real somehow.

Dang it now I'm gonna have to go find a copy and reread it. 

Pretty sure it was the veldt, not the tundra.  Unless those lions took a really wrong turn somewhere...

Actually, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the title of that story is "The Veldt" !

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

time for the new dad to be Jamaal Charles 2.0 

He's got some of it in him 

That’s my comparison to date. Likely poor man’s Jamaal Charles…….. but the sky is the limit if our OL and Dorsey continue to improve.  

7 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

Pretty sure it was the veldt, not the tundra.  Unless those lions took a really wrong turn somewhere...

Actually, come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the title of that story is "The Veldt" !

Yeah, The Veldt. That was some wild literature for a 12 year old me.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Jon in Pasadena said:

I believe you are right.  I read that story over 50 years ago so the details are bit muddled. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.