Bills Offense

Milanos Milano

It’s amazing what happens when you take what the defense gives you. Allen was definitely surgeon like, and I apologize for being so critical the other week. As long as Allen keeps his head on straight, we will be nearly unstoppable. It’s almost as if McD really got into his ear over the week, because it was night and day with how focused he played. 

Nice to see a Shakir sighting, and it’s good to see Kincaid get more involved. Our 3 headed monster feasted, and our physical backs like Harris and Murray is a nice addition that we lacked last year. It was very noticeable later in the game when the defense was playing tired, just kept gashing them and there wasn’t much they could do about it. 

Hopefully Davis can carry over his performance and become a consistent option. It was nice seeing him have a good game for a change. At home we have been averaging 30+ points, so it’s good to see we are still hanging around our expected benchmark. 

I just hope everyone stays healthy this year. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Like I said in another thread, Josh Allen learned a new way to win today......and looked good doing it.

The additions of Kincaid and Torrence have been huge....forget this McD doesn't play rookies stuff....these two have been plugged into the starting lineup from minute one, and already seem to be playing like seasoned vets.

The three-headed monster at RB worked out great today as all three of them bring different skills to the table.

I'm excited to see how this offense continues to progress over the course of the season.

I really enjoyed watching how Josh operated the offense today....the more of that we see, the more successful the Bills will be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Like I said in another thread, Josh Allen learned a new way to win today......and looked good doing it.

The additions of Kincaid and Torrence have been huge....forget this McD doesn't play rookies stuff....these two have been plugged into the starting lineup from minute one, and already seem to be playing like seasoned vets.

The three-headed monster at RB worked out great today as all three of them bring different skills to the table.

I'm excited to see how this offense continues to progress over the course of the season.

I really enjoyed watching how Josh operated the offense today....the more of that we see, the more successful the Bills will be.

I expect Kincaid to get more and more targets as Allen gets more comfortable with him as the season moves along. It’s great that he’s flashing early. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Best Josh has played in ages. OL has definitely been improved through two weeks. And Kincaid and Cook are additions to this offensive weaponary. 

I felt there was a lot of good on the offensive side week 1 too.... Josh just played poorly. But with the real Josh back the sky is the limit for this offense. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 8

While a lot to be happy about, I saw some reason for concern.

Coming out after the Jets game, you just knew Josh was on a leash and the first two plays being runs, I knew that was going to be the calls and that first possession was garbage.

Add to that again we couldn't score from the 1 yard line and needed a second 4th & goal from the 1 to score another time.  How has this become a pattern of late?

No real deep balls and most down field plays were Allen buying time or just Diggs shaking his defender (and one big pass to Davis). 

2021 Allen was the king of 15-20 yard lasers. 

Yes a much better game and took what the Raiders gave them, but still seems like something is missing.     

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Coming out after the Jets game, you just knew Josh was on a leash and the first two plays being runs, I knew that was going to be the calls and that first possession was garbage.

Add to that again we couldn't score from the 1 yard line and needed a second 4th & goal from the 1 to score another time.  How has this become a pattern of late?

No real deep balls and most down field plays were Allen buying time or just Diggs shaking his defender (and one big pass to Davis). 

Yes a much better game and took what the Raiders gave them, but still seems like something is missing.     

Agree with a lot of this. If we're going to execute this offense Dorsey is going to have to draw up better RZ and goal line plays. The home run bombs are getting neutralized, and not just on the Bills but league wide as well. Teams are being forced to drive the length hoping mistakes are triggered. 

Luckily we have the weapons to succeed in this particular style of play.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Best Josh has played in ages. OL has definitely been improved through two weeks. And Kincaid and Cook are additions to this offensive weaponary. 

I felt there was a lot of good on the offensive side week 1 too.... Josh just played poorly. But with the real Josh back the sky is the limit for this offense. 

This may be the best Josh has played … period.  I know Josh has already a highlight reel machine but it was really good to see him play a “normal” game.  Hopefully the one positive to come from the Jets loss is Josh learning to play steady, but not thrilling, sometimes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agree with a lot of this. If we're going to execute this offense Dorsey is going to have to draw up better RZ and goal line plays. The home run bombs are getting neutralized, and not just on the Bills but league wide as well. Teams are being forced to drive the length hoping mistakes are triggered. 

I get the homerun plays may not be there, but the chunk plays are missing right now.  Yes only two games in.

Worry is again that McD will want to neuter him (which he has done in the past).  

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

Wish we had just picked up power running backs in free agency on the cheap before the 20, 21, and 22 seasons.  Team previously had few options other than have Allen take a pounding even on 2nd and 2. 

loved the way Diggs drew the flag on the bomb when both he and the db were hand checking.  Small ball is good for stacking wins, but the league knows Allen needs to keep going deep to keep the dollars flowing in. 

Edited by Charles Romes

45 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I think we'll continue to run and play action in the area.  On the failed 4th down harty slipped and i think if he hadn't he would have been the read.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I get the homerun plays may not be there, but the chunk plays are missing right now.  Yes only two games in.

Worry is again that McD will want to neuter him (which he has done in the past).  

Screw chunk plays, the D intentionally took them away just like the Jets did. Just get freaking first downs and move the ball. You know, like Mahomes and Brady did to win superbowls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Josh played damn good yesterday. Reminded me a lot of the season opener against the Rams from either last year or the year before. Everything starts with the O-Line though. They redeemed themselves yesterday. I think the game plan to get the ball out of Josh Allen's hands quickly always helps with establishing a better rhythm and comfortability with for the whole offense. And man the run game finally got going. What a beautiful win. Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

look at you, looking for reasons to be concerned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Lost said:

Maybe having our first two picks this year turn out great will soften the blow of have a rd 1 bust from last year.   Josh aside, that was the best I've seen the O-line play in ages.

I would say that a round six stud at the same position as the round one bust last year is what softens that blow 

Edited by arcane
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Araiza Curse said:

It’s amazing what happens when you take what the defense gives you. Allen was definitely surgeon like, and I apologize for being so critical the other week. As long as Allen keeps his head on straight, we will be nearly unstoppable. It’s almost as if McD really got into his ear over the week, because it was night and day with how focused he played. 

Nice to see a Shakir sighting, and it’s good to see Kincaid get more involved. Our 3 headed monster feasted, and our physical backs like Harris and Murray is a nice addition that we lacked last year. It was very noticeable later in the game when the defense was playing tired, just kept gashing them and there wasn’t much they could do about it. 

Hopefully Davis can carry over his performance and become a consistent option. It was nice seeing him have a good game for a change. At home we have been averaging 30+ points, so it’s good to see we are still hanging around our expected benchmark. 

I just hope everyone stays healthy this year. 

Yeah everyone probably (finally) got in his ear, because he embarrassed himself on national TV ... so they all collectively SCREAMED their heads off at him and it finally got through

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I would say that a round six stud at the same position as the round one bust last year is what softens that blow 

McCargo - BUST! WE DONT KNOW WHAT WERE DOING

Kyle Williams - Stud! But we wasted a 1st!

We doubled down on the position with Tre out, one year removed from wallace leaving.  Jackson stepped up, benford was able to contribute, and Elam has been forced to battle.  Nothing is given or guaranteed on a roster this deep so he'll have to keep grinding and wait for the next opportunity. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.