Consolation prize - the Jets are screwed

dickleyjones

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

This is about as bad as the people that power ranked the Rams in the top 10 as if they didn’t win in spite of themselves and clearly would prefer to tank…

I get knee jerk reactions contained to small periods of time, but come tf on, realize that you’re talking about Zach Wilson please. Years of data exists.

All I said was that Wilson looked more competent than Allen on Monday. And he did. 

Just like Monday, he doesn't have to do a lot to give the Jets a chance to win. Stay out of the way, don't turn the ball over, make a couple throws here and there. Not sure why people don't think that's possible. You all just watched him do it.

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Definitely.  Barring some major catastrophe.

I don't understand why people feel this way. IMO the Jets are as good or better at every position except TE and QB and when Allen has his head up his ass you can take QB away.

6 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And you think that will play out over the whole season? 

Judas Priest Allen had a terrible game with the emphasis on GAME. It happens to every QB be they elite, great, good, fair or bad.  The only difference is the frequency of sucking.  Allen has demonstrated over 3 FULL seasons and the corresponding 7 playoff games (56 total games) that he rarely sucks and plays at an elite or great level most of the time.

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yeah **** happens but confidently picking Wilson over anybody because of 10 minutes? He’s still very possibly the worst QB in the league 

Am I picking QBs or teams?

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I don't understand why people feel this way. IMO the Jets are as good or better at every position except TE and QB and when Allen has his head up his ass you can take QB away.

When was the last time Josh lost to the Jets in Buffalo?

45 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

What does that have to do with anything? Seriously. What do past games in past years with different teams have anything to do with what happens now?

Versus...what?  A game in Jersey that went into OT?  Are you serious?

I was looking forward to seeing Aaron Rodgers play in our division. As much as I wanted us to crush him, a la Favre in his swan song season with the Vikings, I don't celebrate season-ending injuries for anyone (Ok, I'll make an exception for Brady) and I would certainly rather beat teams fielding their best guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bklnpete said:

I was looking forward to seeing Aaron Rodgers play in our division. As much as I wanted us to crush him, a la Favre in his swan song season with the Vikings, I don't celebrate season-ending injuries for anyone (Ok, I'll make an exception for Brady) and I would certainly rather beat teams fielding their best guys. 

He'll probably be back next season.

I agree with the OP.  The Jets won not because of the play of Zach Wilson.  Most of the Jets' points came off of turnovers.  If Josh take better care of the football and the defense shows a little better discipline in run defense, the turnovers don't happen and Breece Hall doesn't break 80 yard runs, and the Bills win comfortably.  The Jets are a good team.  They will rank top five in defense at the end of the season.  They do have some weapons on offense.  Zach Wilson was not terrible, but that game was winnable for the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Zach Wilson looked more competent than Allen on Monday and they have a better run game and defense.

The Jets already won their SB. If you think they will be able to sustain this success for a whole season w/ Zach seems highly unlikely. I am 1000% more worried about Miami so hopefully the Jets can steal a win or 2 from them as well. He had a good game and I def give Wilson credit for stepping up. He might have a future as a backup in the NFL. 

Without Rodgers the Jets are pretty much the same as last year.  Excellent defense, and an offense that depends on a shaky QB, Zach Wilson.  Of course it's true that Wilson has been learning and improving while Rodgers was there, so he could be better than last year, but they were a fourth place team in the AFCE for a good reason.

I actually felt bad for them after the Rodgers injury. Josh Allen handed them a win so I don’t feel bad anymore.

I think they’ll trade for a QB to try and make the playoffs but honestly if Rodger is coming back next year for sure I would just suffer the season and get a top 5 pick.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Who do we root for in this Sunday's Jets-Pats game? I still think the Jets are more of a threat with that defense and Hall and G. Wilson. On one hand I want the Pats to win as the meltdown in the NYC area would be funny but on the flip side it would be so sweet to see NE fall to 0-3. 

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Who do we root for in this Sunday's Jets-Pats game? I still think the Jets are more of a threat with that defense and Hall and G. Wilson. On one hand I want the Pats to win as the meltdown in the NYC area would be funny but on the flip side it would be so sweet to see NE fall to 0-3. 

obv the Pats.

makes both teams 1-2

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Jets aren’t a threat if Josh plays smart football. 

On 9/14/2023 at 2:00 PM, stinky finger said:

It’s not a forgone conclusion, that’s for sure. The Jets have played us well as you know. They have proven this. 

I’m not proclaiming the Jets anything. But I’m certainly not dismissing them like many are. 

As  the Jets built their defense to handle the Bills, Dolphins and Patriots and then be competitive with the rest of afc I don't know that they match up as well with other teams strengths.  I certainly don't think Wilson really scares any other teams. I don't even think they can sweep any in division and that's including Patriots.  I'm expecting Josh will do a bit more film study of Jets defense because he does need to get better at diagnosing what Jets do defensively and the best counter plays for their various looks.

This is a case of an in season QB injury being in effect, no different than a preseason QB injury, sucks for them, good for everyone who plays them…, 

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They’re good. But the offense is the complete opposite. No turnovers and they can’t beat Buffalo.

They won’t beat anyone with getting turnovers. 

Their QB is bad. Their o line is bad. Can’t throw it consistently, can’t run it consistently. It’s hard to win games like that. Their OCs plan this year was to let Rodgers do his thing. Can he pivot? History suggests he will struggle to do so. 

If they lose to the Pats*, I don’t see a winnable game until the Giants in week 7

Upcoming games

NE*
Chiefs

@Broncos 

Eagles

Giants

Chargers

At Raiders

At Buffalo

Miami

Falcons

Texans

@Miami

Commanders

@Browns 

That season could get out of control quickly. I’d be worried if I was Salah 

9 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Their QB is bad. Their o line is bad. Can’t throw it consistently, can’t run it consistently. It’s hard to win games like that. Their OCs plan this year was to let Rodgers do his thing. Can he pivot? History suggests he will struggle to do so. 

If they lose to the Pats*, I don’t see a winnable game until the Giants in week 7

Upcoming games

NE*
Chiefs

@Broncos 

Eagles

Giants

Chargers

At Raiders

At Buffalo

Miami

Falcons

Texans

@Miami

Commanders

@Browns 

They were counting on Rodgers taking them to the playoffs.  Without him, it's no better than last year.  I'm not sure how worried Saleh is/should be as Rodgers' injury gives him cover for his job and he likely already knows the season is toast.  

I have no sympathy for them.  They made their bed.  When they got Rodgers, they let him bring in his offensive coordinator, his players etc.  The team revolved around him.  Coaches and GM acquiesced to his desires.  I guess no one wanted to think about the "what if" scenario.  When Rodgers had that calf injury in training camp maybe the thought should have crossed someone's mind.  Didn't someone post on this board recently about calf injuries and the possibility of Achilles involvement?

On 9/19/2023 at 10:29 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

Upcoming games

NE*
Chiefs

@Broncos 

Eagles

Giants

Chargers

At Raiders

At Buffalo

Miami

Falcons

Texans

@Miami

Commanders

@Browns 

He’s got an easy excuse for ownership and will be getting another early draft pick because of it.  Might be good we lost to them if it stops them from getting Caleb Williams lol

I don't feel bad for the Jets and their fans at all.  They tried to skip to the front of the line by putting all their chips on a 40 year old QB.  I heard so much hype, and they were planning their Super Bowl trips.  Not to mention, Rodgers as they face of it is a bad look as he has become insufferable.

Their fans can and will just shape-shift into Yankees or Mets fans for the playoffs (whoops).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.