Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

White Knights are here to rage at Diggs for picking on that poor poor woman.

Some have made up their minds that he’s a “diva since Minnesota” and no amount of being captain, loved by his teammates, getting annoyed with people commenting on his personality, etc, will ever change that. At a minimum what she said was incredibly professionally stupid, but nah, she’s just a poor young kid and it’s still Diggs that’s the problem of course.

I mean, can I think he’s a moody guy that’s a mixed bag? It seems fair

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

It’s called you have a pre existing bias against Diggs and are going to assume he was wrong no matter what, making this a useless exercise. Wide receivers catch footballs, and Buffalo media mouthpieces (not reporters) should be aware of hot mics and act accordingly, especially after 3-4 years on the job.

Some of you guys get so emotional about these players. Why would I have a "pre existing bias" against Diggs? I like Diggs. He's the greatest WR in Bills history so I want him here for as long as he can play at an extremely high level. He's been known publicly since he played college football at Maryland as someone who has a strong, fiery personality. He's not above someone making a joke about it.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

24 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Some of you guys get so emotional about these players. Why would I have a "pre existing bias" against Diggs? I like Diggs. He's the greatest WR in Bills history so I want him here for as long as he can play at an extremely high level. He's been known publicly since he played college football at Maryland as someone who has a strong, fiery personality. He's not above someone making a joke about it.

Agree except that Reed would disagree with you about the greatest

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

I honestly think it's incredible she still has her job.  That said, when was the last time the Bills looked outside the organization to fill a position?  Maybe they just don't want to bother looking for her replacement.

They brought her in from outside as I recall.

This is simple.  You read and/or listen to the whole thing she sounds like it’s tongue in cheek.  Even if not she apologized either way.  If Diggs wants to be the leader of the team, then you don’t make it a big deal.  You simply say you know Maddie, you accept her apology, and move on.  But he had to tweet a bunch of stuff, which merely inflames things.  Leaders actually lead; that is not just ranting on the field and telling teammates they stink.

And to whoever referred to the White Knights and such, my opinion has nothing to do with any of the parties being white, black, brown, pink, or a lovely shade of chartreuse.

So moving on.  Kill the Raiders tomorrow, Josh gets back on track, Diggs torches them, defense rears up and stuffs Jacobs, and we’re back on track.  Go Bills!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  At worst an off the cuff thing.  And instead of Diggs actually being a leader and having a private discussion if he was upset he had to go and tweet a bunch of stuff.  

let me ask you:  is there some truth to what she said and if so is that her fault?  Or Diggs?

How do you know it was a joke?  

Just asking.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

From what she said and how she said it.  At worst just a tongue in cheek comment.  

I don’t believe so.  Maybe it was.

Does Stef have the right to be angry? Absolutely.  It would be better if he kept it in house for sure.

Is he a diva?  Surely been painted that way.  Thing is not one of us know him and can’t vouch either way.  Easier to make him a villain, that’s what the media does.  I’d much rather have a guy who wants to win than a guy who can’t care less.

Edited by davefan66

23 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

I don’t believe so.  Maybe it was.

Does Stef have the right to be angry? Absolutely.  It would be better if he kept it in house for sure.

Is he a diva?  Surely been painted that way.  Thing is not one of us know him and can’t vouch either way.  Easier to make him a villain, that’s what the media does.  I’d much rather have a guy who wants to win than a guy who can’t care less.

Come on.  Find me one guy on the roster that doesn’t want to win.  His wanting to win has nothing to do with this incident. He could have been a bigger guy, accepted the apology and moved on.  Instead he gives us the diva stuff.  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Come on.  Find me one guy on the roster that doesn’t want to win.  His wanting to win has nothing to do with this incident. He could have been a bigger guy, accepted the apology and moved on.  Instead he gives us the diva stuff.  

Listen, I get he can be exhausting.  I was kinda done with him in the off-season with his tweets. They were supposed to be a joke, but many people didn’t see it that way.  No reason to stoke the fire.

There are guys on every roster who are burning to be the best.  Josh is ours.  With Stef a close 2nd. Then there are guys on every roster for whom the money is more important.  I can’t think of someone right now, but we have had them in the past…every team has.

He could have left it in house for sure.  He chose not to.  I don’t like the look, gives the team a black eye.  Let’s not forget Glab made a huge mistake and let her words be heard.  She created the problem.  Whether they were joking words or not, media people for the team should not be saying it out loud.  She has every right to feel the way she does, she deals directly with him, we do not.  Still, need to keep those feelings to yourself.

12 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Except he’s not. Top 10 definitely, probably top five. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Been off the boards all day and this thread is still going?

If she was getting fired she'd be gone already....Time to move on

Bring on the RAAIIDERRSSS......GO BILLS!!!

What makes you think they haven't fired her? She's been absent from everything ever since the incident. It's not like they would announce her firing; if she's fired, nothing will ever be said...by anyone, except maybe Glab herself.

We'll know a little more today by the end of the day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.