Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Why in the world would someone do that.  Whoever did do it had a choice and instead of discreetly letting her know about the situation

"chose" to do what they did.  Just one more example how people take pleasure in other's painful moments.

Apathy has replaced empathy as the norm.

Imagine being a reporter or commentator in the age of social media.  The pressure to provide content seems to overwhelm any graciousness that's left in that profession.

• Agree 3

The issue is not this situation but THERE IS an issue with leadership. I don’t know if it’s McD, Allen or Diggs but in my opinion no one knows who’s the real general and that’s an issue. Allen force fed Diggs in game 1, so his voice has negatively impacted Allen as he’s not reading the field as he should. 

Personally, I’m okay trading Diggs despite what he gives us. I love his attitude and commitment to win. On the other hand it’s not playing through to others, only distracting them. Get a first rounder for him, mentally reset, go get Mike Evans on his last year of his deal, and get focused.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 9/15/2023 at 1:31 PM, BillsFan2313 said:

But we don't work in the media, surrounded by people with recording devices lol. She should know better. 

I get that, so kinda fair point.

Not perfect comparison but, for year+, I was an on-air analyst for a network.

Did many live "hits". Before/during/ after a hit: segment producer, director, reporter are all speaking into your IFB.

I was so worried about a hot-mic I would usually just nod or shake my head. Rarely would I say anything.

So you do have to be careful. That said, I feel this is way overblown, given the setting and verbal context.

(Note: not a LAMP... just trying to convey a rough analogy from my experience.)

3 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

Imagine being a reporter or commentator in the age of social media.  The pressure to provide content seems to overwhelm any graciousness that's left in that profession.

And it's all about the "me" culture, "look at me," "see me," etc.  It's what we've created with social media.  It's an untameable beast of sorts.  

Look at all the people often risking their lives, and sometimes dying, for their "15 minutes" or whatever.  

As well, at what point do we reach saturation for all of these people that are "influencers."  

1 hour ago, Berky1010 said:

The issue is not this situation but THERE IS an issue with leadership. I don’t know if it’s McD, Allen or Diggs but in my opinion no one knows who’s the real general and that’s an issue. Allen force fed Diggs in game 1, so his voice has negatively impacted Allen as he’s not reading the field as he should. 

Personally, I’m okay trading Diggs despite what he gives us. I love his attitude and commitment to win. On the other hand it’s not playing through to others, only distracting them. Get a first rounder for him, mentally reset, go get Mike Evans on his last year of his deal, and get focused.

Diggs is a captain.  He should lead on this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm just curious why I made two posts in this thread saying this is a non-issue and should be put to rest, and both posts have been deleted...

Because this is critical news and the whole season is at risk

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dopey said:

She’s a grown ass woman who made a mistake. Why should Diggs have to throw her a lifeline? If you think it’s about him, we’ll, SHE made it about him. He didn’t put his foot in his mouth. 
By the way, Diggs letting Josh know he needed to grow up was not about Diggs. It was about the team needing Josh to be better,smarter, more mature. Josh agreed. 

Totally agree on the Josh stuff. Diggs is fine between the lines. Again she made a mistake on hot mic. But she spoke the truth with her Diggs experience and likely those of others. Confirmed by little dirty. Diggs could let it go because the world sees the catch with kids which shows him positively. Reporters don’t get that.

1 minute ago, davefan66 said:

Was it?

Yes.  At worst an off the cuff thing.  And instead of Diggs actually being a leader and having a private discussion if he was upset he had to go and tweet a bunch of stuff.  

let me ask you:  is there some truth to what she said and if so is that her fault?  Or Diggs?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.