Jets OT TD should have been called back...

Reed83HOF

This year they changed it to 15 yards, personal foul. That put Jets on 40 yard line looking at a 57 yard FG. They would have had to run plays AND anything could have happened.

Oh well...

I agree with this. Blown that cost them the game... But a waste if NFL admits it!

The NFL rules guru that now works for ESPN is the one that noted this:

John W. Parry (born May 4, 1965) is a former American football official who worked in the National Football League (NFL) from 2000 through the 2018 season. He wore uniform number 132 and was the referee for two Super Bowls."

"...You can see the Jets defender LB Chazz Surratt trip Buffalo Bills TE Quintin Morris on his way to make the tackle. It was all the difference in the game as no call was made and the touchdown stood.

Again, the team shouldn't be focused on one missed call as a reason why they lost the game, but it's a blatant no-call that turned the tides of the matchup. Even at this point if the NFL came out and said they indeed missed the call, it would all be to waste.

Buffalo needs to be better, here's hoping that the referees can call a good game next time."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I mean... It did allow the Jets to win uncontested!!! Walk-off. If they call it it, it puts them at super long FG range and makes Jets offense have to make plays!

What if Bills get a sack? Fumble, pick-6???

Pretty clear the whip

AGAIN. This was changed this season to a 15 yard personal foul. 

Tripping is defined as "the use of the leg or foot to obstruct any opponent."

Blocks beneath the waist are illegal, per Section 2, Article 4 of the NFL rulebook:

Blocks below the waist are prohibited in the following situations:

By players of either team after a change of possession; or
By players of the kicking team after a Free Kick, Safety Kick, Fair-Catch Kick, Punt, Field-Goal Attempt, or Try Kick; or
By players of the receiving team during a down in which there is a Free Kick, Safety Kick, Fair-Catch Kick, Punt, Field- Goal Attempt, or Try Kick.
By players of either team during a scrimmage down prior to a change of possession unless the contact occurs in the Tight End Box. (Note: Players are prohibited from initiating contact below the waist of an opponent outside the Tight End Box, except against a runner or a player who is attempting to catch a forward or backward pass).

4 hours ago, mannc said:

Wouldn’t matter. They still get at least a FG

7/10 expert skiers lie down and die in the face of an avalanche with this mentality.  When, almost all EXPERT skiers would be able to ski out.

Just saying... Jets would have been near the 40 looking at a +55 yard kick. They would have had to make plays. A sack takes them firmly out of FG range. 

Sure if they were going to lose, lose quick... But that's a quitter mentality. 

8 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Kinda borderline trip IMO. Would've put the jets at our 40 yd line anyway only needing a FG to win

I was much more upset by the OPI on Diggs at the end of the 4th. We could've pushed for a TD without that garbage call 

I agree with this. As much as I would like to call it a tripping penalty, in my opinion it looks like it's more so part (or at least partially) due to his attempt to block and falling down more than an active trip. 

They call Diggs for a chincy push, but a trip occurred during a Jets TD play and at the end of the game that last pass to Diggs was a PI.  The defender had a grab of the back of his shirt.  You give the refs a chance to say that they helped spark the celebrations on a commemorative day like that and you KNOW they're gonna do it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.