Bills Backers are everywhere!

BillsFan619

Cool story.

We live in the San Diego area, home to a great Bills Backers bar (right, @muppy?) called the Local in PB.

My daughter just moved to Monterey to start her junior year at college, which is about seven hours north of us (sad part of the story 😳).

I told her she should look for a place up there to hang out with some bills fans. I know when most people think of California, they think of a big population and rightfully so. That said, Monterey only has about 30,000 people in it so she  thought the chances of finding some thing up there wasn’t good.

Lo and behold, she’s not even looking for it mind you, and she finds a Bills Backers flyer for Monterey on the door of a sandwich shop. 😃

So, wherever you live, or wherever you’re traveling to for vacation, make sure you look to see if there’s a Bills Backers chapter in your area. Even in a smaller city, you may be surprised to find that there’s one there or near.

I found this website today (didn’t know about it until today) where you can check how far one is from where you live or are traveling to. I hope this link will be helpful for some.

https://www.buffalobills.com/fans/bills-backers/chapters

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Facebook has a group for Bills Backers presidents which has been useful to me in finding places for people to go to.

Except Facebook cannot find my account :

• No Search Results
  • Your search did not return any results. Please try again with other information.

Help is of course is useless and sends you in a circle.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1

Walking out of my office late this afternoon on Grand Avenue in Saint Paul, MN, a young graduate student at Macalester College was proudly wearing her classic logo Bills sweatshirt.  We exchanged Go Bills - she did her undergrad at Canisius and is doing graduate work here.  We both agreed that the Bills need to beat the stuffin' out of the Jets.

MSP has a very active Bills Backers group...

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 1

I was in Reno, NV at Red Robin a few years ago, and was stunned when a customer came in with a Bills jacket. Like, what is a Bills fan doing across the country in Nevada?

Then, I saw a regular at my former gym nearby who had a Sabres keychain. Always changed the channel I had on there from Good Morning Football to the NHL Network.

But anyway, Buffalo is well represented nationally.

[Well, then there was the case where I had the Bills game on on a TV at my gym, and another customer changed the channel to World Cup men's soccer. Like, seriously? You choose soccer over NFL??]

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

It happened, in Monterey, a long time ago …. I met her, in Monterey ….

I left Buffalo in 2012 for San Francisco, where in North Beach the city’s Bills Backers Bar was at The Northstar Cafe.Going there for 6 years made me a bigger Bills fan than had I stayed in Buffalo.

I moved from San Diego and now live in Oakland, and go to the Northstar Cafe for Bills games. It's better than PB Local by far.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I was in Italy last week. Took a trip to San Marino which is an independent territory within Italy. 

Saw a guy wearing an Allen jersey. He said he was from NYC.

We are everywhere!!!

We took a boat from Sorrento to Capri in May with 3 other couples. We are waiting a bit for the last couple so we can take off, and he finally shows up. Wearing a Bills shirt. We’re all good! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I was in North Myrtle beach out for dinner with my wife.  We met an older couple where man was wearing a Bills hat.   

He asked us if we were from Buffalo (my wife was wearing her Be in Buffalo T-Shirt from Invest Buffalo Niagara and I said I was but have been away 35 years and live in Alexandria, VA.

He then asked about my shirt which is JOTT 24 - I said it was from Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, VA where my Bills Backers group meets.

He said they were from Northern Virginia too and went out to eat at Jimmy's earlier in the month.

Enter to win the 2023 Hometown Touchdown here!

d144d0343ff3763b9fb57efda9b0fce40c7efc5b

We got our swag box from them this week.  They are now giving out more stuff than the Bills do who used to send us box of stuff each year. Last year I got a Bills Mafia flag and this year nothing.

I was hiking Yosemite and got to the top of the falls and saw a guy in a bills hat.  Hey where in ny you from? He’s like I’m from cali.  Point to his bills hat and he’s like oh right no I’m from cali but started as a fan in the early 90s. He pulls out the bills flag from his pack and we have a sweet pic from the top. 

I’ve got a hundred stories like this from a random wal mart in a pass thru town town in New Mexico to sitting at a bar in bayeaux France. We are everywhere. It kills me every time 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Cool story.

We live in the San Diego area, home to a great Bills Backers bar (right, @muppy?) called the Local in PB.

My daughter just moved to Monterey to start her junior year at college, which is about seven hours north of us (sad part of the story 😳).

I told her she should look for a place up there to hang out with some bills fans. I know when most people think of California, they think of a big population and rightfully so. That said, Monterey only has about 30,000 people in it so she  thought the chances of finding some thing up there wasn’t good.

Lo and behold, she’s not even looking for it mind you, and she finds a Bills Backers flyer for Monterey on the door of a sandwich shop. 😃

So, wherever you live, or wherever you’re traveling to for vacation, make sure you look to see if there’s a Bills Backers chapter in your area. Even in a smaller city, you may be surprised to find that there’s one there or near.

I found this website today (didn’t know about it until today) where you can check how far one is from where you live or are traveling to. I hope this link will be helpful for some.

https://www.buffalobills.com/fans/bills-backers/chapters

I've been to this place.

The Monterey Backers have only been around for a couple of years, but they are a great fun group, and the Bulldog Pub is a great place to watch the games.

Your daughter will love hanging out with them. I plan on visiting them sometime this season as well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Lived in Rochester for 35+ years.  Moved to Florida 5 years ago.  Many many Bills fans here in Sarasota/Bradenton.  Always fun to see fans and get a Go Bills shout going.  Damn I looked at that Bills Backer site!  Holy Fandom Batman!

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I live in Scripps Ranch. Several Bills fans in our neighborhood and only two are obnoxious to the point of not being able to hang. 

The more we win. The more fair weather backers we will have.  Plus josh has a fan club for himself. 

I wish they’d move the local backers bar to somewhere a bit more safe and not as scummie. PB is a trash hole. I’d like to see one in a nicer neighborhood, Del Mar possibly. 

PB is perfectly safe and fine for a Sunday morning/afternoon game.  It's a good central location on the coast and you can walk across the street and be on the beach. I've lived in or around the area for 13+ years, my kids have attended PB public schools, never had any personal issues with crime or anything.

Getting back on point, we've got a lot of transplants all over the country, so, yes, you can find a Bills backer group most anywhere. 

14 hours ago, Best Williams Available said:

It happened, in Monterey, a long time ago …. I met her, in Monterey ….

I left Buffalo in 2012 for San Francisco, where in North Beach the city’s Bills Backers Bar was at The Northstar Cafe.Going there for 6 years made me a bigger Bills fan than had I stayed in Buffalo.

Ah, yes, the Northstar Cafe.  I've caught quite a few games there.  The last being the fateful 2004 season ending loss to the Steelers third stringers.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

I live in Scripps Ranch. Several Bills fans in our neighborhood and only two are obnoxious to the point of not being able to hang. 

The more we win. The more fair weather backers we will have.  Plus josh has a fan club for himself. 

I wish they’d move the local backers bar to somewhere a bit more safe and not as scummie. PB is a trash hole. I’d like to see one in a nicer neighborhood, Del Mar possibly. 

Haha! Del Mar. Now that's a Buffalo town! 

Man, if PB is a trash hole, I don't even want to hear your description of OB, or worse yet, IB, or even worse than that, Las Playas de Tijuana!

Advice: Stay in Scripps Ranch and watch it at home alone in your gated community.

I also want to give a shout out to those who risk their lives (pictured below) to watch Bills games in the scummy trash hole aka Pacific Beach, California. You are true heroes. 

64f26260d9758.image.jpg?resize=1200,675

Edited by leonbus23
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.