Officials allowed the Chiefs to cheat the entire game

Gisele

6 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Think they rather leave them as is and just call penalties when it suits their objectives and yes the league does seem to have some objectives at times over which team wins any particular game.  It's not so much the league is scripted as it just makes it easier for to get outcomes it seems to prefer.  

I’m not sure about objectives, but the sheer inconsistency with rules enforcement is why the NFL is the worst officiated league in all of sports. 

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

I just want consistency. If they want to change the rules and allow it then do that. What is frustrating is we will see other teams called for penalties if they try the same thing. It did hurt kc in the end as it was clear when they were passing vs running. But the whole game that little extra is all kc needed to slow Hutchinson. 

The best no call was when hock was tripped going for the sack.  Then when det had the ball the running back got ran over was sitting on his but with his feet in the air and they called him for tripping 😒 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

But it was so beautiful and karmic how he was called for it at the worst time with the game on the line.

That's fine, but the problem is that it's not being called (or no-called) consistently.

Even in that game, the refs finally called it - right at a critical moment, after not calling it all game.

In one game, they'll call it multiple times, in another they'll let it slide.

Because of the inconsistancy, I don't buy Simms and your explanation about "changing the rules without changing them".

Totally agree. If they want to give some advantage back to the OL then do it. The issue is that at some point on a 4th and goal, or 3rd and long with the game on the line, an official is going to throw a flag for some OL who has been allowed to move early either all night or all season. The tape will show that it is clearly Offside by the rule. And everybody will go "well, it was technically Offside". But in the context of a game/season the player was very consistent. 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Totally agree. If they want to give some advantage back to the OL then do it. The issue is that at some point on a 4th and goal, or 3rd and long with the game on the line, an official is going to throw a flag for some OL who has been allowed to move early either all night or all season. The tape will show that it is clearly Offside by the rule. And everybody will go "well, it was technically Offside". But in the context of a game/season the player was very consistent. 

Isn't that exactly what happened last night?  It was 4th and 20 at the end of the 4Q, and the officials called something that had been going on All Freakin Game

Now I was all "Karma's a Beyotch, aint it?" but, it's frustrating as hell to watch and probably for the players also.

I can't remember the game now except that it was a big one, but the #1CB had been allowed to lay hands on Diggs all night to the point where he should have been offered a sexual assault kit.  All game.

Then in the 4Q in the red zone or EZ they called DPI.  Well, it was DPI, but where had that call been all game?

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Mango said:

Minor quibble: clearly it is a false start by rule, which is a procedure infraction. Offside by rule literally means a player crosses the line of scrimmage before the ball is snapped. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What is the exact rule regarding offensive players at the line of scrimmage?  Is there some weird rule that allows the tackles to be that deep if a couple WRs are at the line?

Regardless, the clips I've seen are beyond obvious - particularly the Oline movement before the snap

15 minutes ago, smward8 said:

What is the exact rule regarding offensive players at the line of scrimmage?  Is there some weird rule that allows the tackles to be that deep if a couple WRs are at the line?

Regardless, the clips I've seen are beyond obvious - particularly the Oline movement before the snap

The offense tackles helmet has to line up with the center butt 😒.  If an o line men is uncovered the wide receiver has to be on the line of scrimmage or te, or has to be called tackle eligible.

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

They were holding like crazy to

They were.  The blatantly obvious one I remember is the defender had Mahomes dead to rights. The lineman had a grab hold of the middle of his jersey so bad that the defensive player got spun around.  This wasn't a middle of the pile thing you couldn't see.  It was way out in the open and the ref was looking right at it. There was a picture posted in the GDT but even that picture didn't do it justice.

Edit: It's actually in the twitter video a couple posts down from yours lmao.

9 hours ago, Simon said:

He also declined a defensive holding call that would have given the Lions an automatic first down and instead opted for an extra 2 yrds of field position. :blink:

They had the first down there anyways though.

Edited by Scott7975

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

As Chris Simms has repeatedly said (and I agree with him), o-line players across the board are getting more non-calls going their way these days because today’s defensive linemen are SUCH better athletes than before — and better athletes by a good ways than offensive linemen on average. They’re basically changing the rules to account for this disparity without actually officially changing them. I have come to accept it because at least I know the unwritten rules now. I suggest just accepting it. The league wants to protect QBs, and this is how they do it in a context of physically overmatched offensive linemen.

I'm fine with whatever as long as we pick up on and use it too.

If their OL is doing it, and were being choir Boys that's a major problem.

We let the chiefs 2ndary rip our WRs around in AFCCG. and responded with our DBs playing within the normal rules, and got cooked. That 100% was on the coaching staff, go play within the rules that specific ref crew has laid out. Pitchers do this non stop

• Agree 1

I’m sure it’s been covered in these 5 pages, but Dan Campbell certainly wasn’t going to complain that the idiot was tipping run vs pass on every play. 

One play on the last drive, either a CB or LB started screaming pointing at him. Seemed to be to alert his teammates. And the Lions instantly stuffed a sweep to the right. 

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

I almost feel like I have never seen anything like that before. It was ridiculous. The whole world saw it and it was almost every play.  Unbelievable.

I agree. It's common for just about every game to have some questionable calls/no calls. This wasn't that. This was next level all game same player committing two fouls almost every down. On top of that some of the holding was just insanely blatant.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They had the first down there anyways though.

No, they had picked up 7 (to the TE that had been held at the LOS) and it was 2nd/3.

He declined the 5yrd penalty that would have made it 1st/10 and took the 2yrds instead to make it 2nd/3.

They ended up running the ball twice and picking up the first down by about 6".

If they'd have been short, that decision might have cost them possession.

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

No, they had picked up 7 (to the TE that had been held at the LOS) and it was 2nd/3.

He declined the 5yrd penalty that would have made it 1st/10 and took the 2yrds instead to make it 2nd/3.

They ended up running the ball twice and picking up the first down by about 6".

If they'd have been short, that decision might have cost them possession.

My bad. I am thinking of a different play then.

How about only two holding calls when there was about 10 or so completely egregious no calls on holding? Many allowed Mahomes to extend plays or allowed drives to extend. I know, I know, you can call holding on every play.... they gotta call it though when it's so obvious.  And the down, distance and situation really matter. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.